: 2005 sts

MoodySumo
04-04-09, 05:53 PM
Hi guys does anybody know if I can put a 2008 grill on a 2005 sts? Will these fit with the years or do I have to do some mods? Thanks guys

Dan

mbnv992
04-05-09, 12:00 AM
This has been discussed here many times in the past. The short answer: yes, however, there is a catch and that's when I get into the long answer. Not only will you need a new grill, however you'll also need a new bumper, and several other parts as well (from the 2008 MY car) to fit your pre-2008 model. Long story short: It's not worth it unless A. You have a lot of money. B. You have a lot of time. C. You REALLY want your car to look like a "newer" STS.
I did my fare share of mods to my previous cars/trucks, however, this is one very costly mod.

MoodySumo
04-05-09, 01:01 PM
This has been discussed here many times in the past. The short answer: yes, however, there is a catch and that's when I get into the long answer. Not only will you need a new grill, however you'll also need a new bumper, and several other parts as well (from the 2008 MY car) to fit your pre-2008 model. Long story short: It's not worth it unless A. You have a lot of money. B. You have a lot of time. C. You REALLY want your car to look like a "newer" STS.
I did my fare share of mods to my previous cars/trucks, however, this is one very costly mod.

Thanks, after doing some research your right I did find this topic talked about and it does look like to much time and money, i'll just go with a mesh grill I think, thanks for the reply

Dan

mbnv992
04-05-09, 02:41 PM
Thanks, after doing some research your right I did find this topic talked about and it does look like to much time and money, i'll just go with a mesh grill I think, thanks for the reply

Dan

You got it !
On another note, I bought my 2007 just as the 2008's were coming in. Boy, I wish I had that 2008 look as well, but due to the insane costs, side vents, etc. to me it just wasn't worth it.
Good luck, the Mesh Grill will look good :thumbsup: