: Do women generally like driving Fleetwoods?



4cammer
04-03-09, 09:48 PM
Just got this '93 and was pleasantly surprised when my wife told me she thinks driving it "is a hoot".

Skip

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/wnyjazz/Caddys/d973_1.jpg

[NortHStaR]
04-03-09, 10:16 PM
great looking car man, as to the female species my ex and my mom HATED driving my cadillac whether it was my old 95 fleetwood or my current 99 deville but my current girlfriend LOVES driving my deville so I guess it depends. :hmm:

4cammer
04-03-09, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the compliment...

I like the looks of the '99 DeVille.

Skip

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
04-04-09, 12:27 AM
My mom hates even riding in my cars. However, for the last 20 years all my family has owned was a minivan, a full size van and a '00 Blazer so she is used to riding up higher than my cars do. Both my parents have spare keys to my cars but they never use them. However, I think my dad has taken a liking to my Brougham which I just got about a month ago (he owns the full size van). He is like a little kid because he is always trying to get me to drive him places.

4cammer
04-04-09, 01:26 AM
However, I think my dad has taken a liking to my Brougham which I just got about a month ago (he owns the full size van). He is like a little kid because he is always trying to get me to drive him places.

That's cool.

I don't think my Dad ever road in my first car, but since it was a '74 Dodge Monaco ex-police car I don't blame him.:D

King Steve
04-04-09, 02:12 AM
My mom always goes on and on when she drives in either my or my dad's cadillacs about how incredibly smooth they are and how she should have bought a cadillac. She drives a murano and she wont trade it because its the only car she ever bought new, but every time, without fail "that car is amazing!" about either my dads or mine. My wife likes my car but affectionately tries to compete with me pretty much always by telling me all the ways hers is better, so I dont usually actually get to hear about how great mine is.

gdorell
04-04-09, 10:39 AM
id have to have to about 85% of the women that have been in my 89fwb absolutely love it. the other 15% have to walk now.

4cammer
04-04-09, 11:31 AM
Since January I've heard of 2 different cases of husbands that bought the car and found out quickly their wives wanted nothing to do with driving a car that big. So the husbands now were turning around and selling their '93-'96 style FW after just a few months.

theGman
04-05-09, 07:37 PM
Every woman except one thinks the car is way, way too big. The one who doesn't is the one who matters the most though.

75sled
04-06-09, 10:53 AM
id have to have to about 85% of the women that have been in my 89fwb absolutely love it. the other 15% have to walk now.

Amen brother!!! I can't believe someone would actually get rid of it because someone else didn't lilke it. My wife thinks my 75 Coupe is the ugliest thing she has ever seen. But when need be she will drive it. On the other hand, i am in search of a 95 or 96 FWB and i think she is sorta into these. I guess i will find out once i actually own it, but by that time it will be TOO LATE!!:shhh:

jey
04-06-09, 04:37 PM
My wife likes the Fleetwood better than any other car I've had. She also was more upset than I was when the insurance company totalled it out...

4cammer
04-06-09, 06:43 PM
She also was more upset than I was when the insurance company totalled it out...

That's cool.:thumbsup:

90Brougham350
04-06-09, 07:52 PM
Ruthie hated driving my 90 the first few times because of the long flat hood and numb steering. She got used to it. When I bought the 94, she thought it was enormous and therefore going to be impossible to drive, but I let her take it on a day-trip with her sister. She came home grinning, and was sad when I sold it. However, in regards to the actual thread question, I would say no, most women do not like driving Fleetwoods. There's a reason so many women drive CRV's, Passats, A4's, S40's, Cavaliers, Grand Am's and so on......

Brian

4cammer
04-07-09, 12:20 AM
Brian, that's a neat story. Takes a unique person perhaps to drive what is in today's world unique cars.

Skip

jdmrrs
04-07-09, 07:48 PM
Mine likes to be ridden...