: CTS will not start

mikedee95
04-03-09, 10:58 AM
Hello, a 2 part question. (1st) i had this o3 CTS for 3 months and the "change oil " display came on so i change the oil. When i removed the old filter cartridge it was completly collasped to half the original size. I have never seen a filter do that. Seems to be ok any thoughts? Second Question, same car. about a month after i purchased it my wife called me and said that it would not start. so i went to her and she tried it again and it started. io checked the terminals and everthing was OK. This has happened several times and each time the same, either it will turn over and not start or it just clicks. When these symtems happen all the gauges and lights work. i took it to the dealer and they said that the battery was leaking acid from the positive terminal and the acid was getting on some wires causing the problem. The deal said that they had to replace the battery, clean up the acid and reprogram the computer. $400 and 2 days later it is doing the same thing. Also i checked the area where the battery sets and the cover on the battery does not have any indication of acid on it the area looks Ok. I can't see where the battery leaked. Any thoughts on this?

nhraformula00
05-28-10, 11:07 PM
My wifes CTS did the same thing.The crank position censor was getting oil mist on it and it would just spin the starter.Its in the front of the motor on left side,lift off the big plastic cover that goes over the top of the engine and you will see a sensor not too far down. Just unplug it and clean it with BRAKE CLEAN or soap and water then blow it dry with air and plug it back in. Problem should go away.