: Looking At 04

Ghost Deany
04-03-09, 02:32 AM
currently have cts, thinking about giving that to my wife and getting a escalade, havent decided yet. im looking at a black 2004 with 54,000 miles loaded for $17,995. is that a good price and are there any issues to look for? thanks

Povich
04-03-09, 03:55 AM
IMO thats a good price! Check it out and take to a mechanic to have a once over! Good luck and You will love the Lade! Have him take a look at front Diff. as these trucks are known for probs. there! Most trucks with that mileage Ive found are in the 20's!

Silver04
04-03-09, 09:18 AM
Last Oct I paid 17k for an 04 ESV with 52k on it. ^^Search for more posts for potential buyers, theres alot of them and they were very helpful in my buying experience.

oldworld
04-03-09, 11:26 AM
What I did when I purchased mine...........I bought from a non cadillac dealer.........was to bring it to my local caddy dealer for them to inspect the entire truck. Cost me about $95, and well worth it, as they found about $3000 worth of repairs (those were caddy inflated prices) and the dealer I purchased from repaired all the issues.
As far as price goes, if it has factory nav and perhaps DVD, and the tires are newer or new and it has a recent inspection...........thats seems like a good price. ALWAYS OFFER LESS............asking price is always starting price.
Does it come with any sort of warranty??

Ghost Deany
04-03-09, 02:47 PM
http://www.deluxeautosales.net/web/1489/vehicle/6760/2004-Cadillac-Escalade-

thats the one im looking at. what were the 3,000$ worth of things they found wrong?

bigksone
04-03-09, 06:31 PM
Paid $15,500 for my 04 with 60K on the clock back in july when gas was $4.39a gallon. It was a lease return and got it from a chevy dealership. Nav, rear entertainment, chrome wheels, new tires. Haven't had any issues yet. IMO you could do better price wise.

jordan00escalade
04-03-09, 08:53 PM
I picked up a 2006 Escalade with 63,000 miles.. Moonroof, Touch Nav, 4 captain seats, 6.0 AWD. We got it for $21,995.00 + $1,300 for a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty. This was just 2-3 weeks ago. (California)

If it's in good condition, I'd say that's a good price. Is it the 5.3 or the 6.0 liter version?

oldworld
04-03-09, 10:02 PM
The things they found at the caddy dealer before I actually purchased was:

1) Front diff needed replacement-Completely rebuilt
2) Oil cooler lines were leaking- replaced both lines new
3) Rear pinion seal was leaking- replaced
4) Rear rotors were the wrong size-replaced with new proper sized rotors.

I would have never known about any of those. I would also suggest that if you don't take to caddy, that you have the dealer you are buying it from put it up on a lift for you. Any leaks???
To me investing $95 for a caddy inspection is well worth the $$$.

Good luck

Ghost Deany
04-03-09, 10:12 PM
the prices were def. alot lower back when the gas prices were through the roof, but now they seem to have risen back up. i even looked across the country and the prices are about the same. the thing is, this dealerships about 100 miles away up in north jersey im in south jersey, so im not sure how to go about getting it checked out ect.

Ghost Deany
04-03-09, 10:32 PM
seems like they want 17,995. whats a good offer for it

bigksone
04-03-09, 11:27 PM
Granted the prices were much lower last summer, but the same chevy dealer i bought my truck from is selling a loaded 05 with 70K miles for $16,995 right now. There are still good deals out there.

Ghost Deany
04-03-09, 11:48 PM
Granted the prices were much lower last summer, but the same chevy dealer i bought my truck from is selling a loaded 05 with 70K miles for $16,995 right now. There are still good deals out there.

i hear ya, i was just trying not to get that high in mileage. while it is only 20,000 more miles, nothings worse then having a payment and then having to pay for repairs on top of it.

it wouldnt happen to be this one, would it? http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=258832962&dealer_id=433356&car_year=2005&rdm=1238816341245&model=ESCALA&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2004&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=100&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=CAD&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=1&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=08054&advanced=&end_year=2006&doors=&transmission=&max_price=18000&cardist=80&standard=false

jordan00escalade
04-04-09, 12:55 AM
Ghost.. They should let you take the Escalade from opening until atleast an hour before they close, I've done it with 2 different vehicles I've bought. I usually buy my vehicles from out of the area anyway. Try asking for 17,995 out the door. Try letting him know that your also interested in another vehicle, and make him compete for YOUR business. He should want to sell the car more than you want to buy it. Just my 2 cents

bigksone
04-04-09, 08:26 AM
Ghost, thats the one. The dealership used to be called Valley Stream Chevy but there was a change in ownership about 6 months ago hence the new name. They are super easy to work with. They had already sold the lade that i went to buy, they had a couple of other ones on the lot at the same price but i wanted white. Told them exactly what i wanted and how much i was willing to pay and they got it for me from the GM auction. I was in in the next weekend. Oh, and I hear you about paying for repairs, but these trucks IF taken care of are beasts and will last a long time. Like others have suggested though you have to find a way to check it out first.

jordan00escalade
04-04-09, 12:52 PM
Make sure they write repairs in your contract.. I have all mine on the bill of sale. They just got me my NAV disk Wednesday, and they still have to get the front driver side bracket for the bumper. I'm about to consult and see what my options are about handling this.. I've had the car for approximately 2-3 weeks.. I've ordered the rear running board cap, and had it painted and put on the vehicle (ordered from dealership), I ordered my rugs and they came in already, I've had my car in the stereo shop a few days and that's done.. He told me he's still waiting on a part, sounds like some BS though. We leave for Palm Springs on Friday, there will be some compensation expected on his behalf if I have to drive down there without my front bumper bracket..

Ghost Deany
04-04-09, 01:56 PM
ill be trading in a 2004 chevy aveo with 34,000 miles on it, kbb is 3,500$ so i would assume aorund $3,200 to $3,500 depending on how much they want a sale, plus ill duke in a extra 1,000$, so were talking about basically $4,500 to put down

Ghost Deany
04-04-09, 01:59 PM
but these trucks IF taken care of are beasts and will last a long time.

i actually believe that one, i went to school for automotive, and the career placement guy had a 94 or 95 chevy suburban and i think the only thing major he had was something tranny wise at 250,000 miles

Ghost Deany
04-04-09, 11:31 PM
ran a carfax, turns out it had a minor accident in the front left area. i cant tell. i emailed the guy and said id give them 17,995 out the door with everything included, and then minus the trade and cash. that was before i saw the carfax though. was a minor accident. what do you guys think?

oldworld
04-05-09, 09:55 PM
No way would I have offered 17,995.00 out the door. I would have offered 16,000 and mention the car fax. You never know, he may have said yes. Maybe he would have countered with a lower offer than 18K. By mentioninh 17,995, now he has you, and you really lessened your negotiating window. I would now e-mail him again and tell him you found another 2 similar escalades over the weekend and theny were less. Then offer $16K.
Remember this, that $17.995 was a starting asking price. The negotiating process for me is pretty fun. There are plenty of escalades around, so you have some leverage. NEVER EVER EVER agree to pay full price....NEVER. The salesman hot a home run......

Ghost Deany
04-05-09, 10:05 PM
No way would I have offered 17,995.00 out the door. I would have offered 16,000 and mention the car fax. You never know, he may have said yes. Maybe he would have countered with a lower offer than 18K. By mentioninh 17,995, now he has you, and you really lessened your negotiating window. I would now e-mail him again and tell him you found another 2 similar escalades over the weekend and theny were less. Then offer $16K.
Remember this, that $17.995 was a starting asking price. The negotiating process for me is pretty fun. There are plenty of escalades around, so you have some leverage. NEVER EVER EVER agree to pay full price....NEVER. The salesman hot a home run......

it does indeed seem as if the game is tied 20-20 with 2:30 seconds left and hes thrown a deep pass down to the 20 threatening to score the game winning TD. unfortunately for him, theres nothing for me to do at this point except get back up, bait him into a bad throw and intercept it and run it back 92 yards for a touchdown. negotiating for me is fun too sometimes, so found 2 more over the weekend for cheaper it is. ill wait until he replys back tomarrow, then inform him this one had a minor accident, and ill take it for 16k, otherwise this conversations over, and ill be heading in the direction of the 2 others i found over the weekend, without accident and cheaper then the 17,995 theyre asking. im in no rush on this one, so its no big deal. updates tomarrow probably.

Spittin Game
04-05-09, 11:12 PM
ran a carfax, turns out it had a minor accident in the front left area. i cant tell. i emailed the guy and said id give them 17,995 out the door with everything included, and then minus the trade and cash. that was before i saw the carfax though. was a minor accident. what do you guys think?

Just curious, but how do you know it was a minor accident? Ive always seen on carfax that it just lists as an "accident" not the details.

Ghost Deany
04-05-09, 11:25 PM
Just curious, but how do you know it was a minor accident? Ive always seen on carfax that it just lists as an "accident" not the details.

on carfax it was actually pretty in detail, said nj police report, car hit another vehicle, left front impact. then carfax had 5 different areas of which the accidents are classified, and it was one of the top 2 which were not bad. frame damage came back clean ect. but then again, who really knows if those are 100% accurate

oldworld
04-06-09, 07:38 AM
RE CARFAX:
I believe the insurance industry has some input on that report as well. So if the report is detailed as to where the impact was, and the severity, that severity may have something to do with the $$$$ it cost to fix. :thepan:

Ghost Deany
04-06-09, 12:46 PM
http://www.autorevolution.com/dealers1/selectautosalesus/vehicle.cfm?vid=358705&selid=1140&sentmessage=success

found this one, but i feel they want too much for it

bigksone
04-06-09, 07:09 PM
Minor or not, that carfax record is going to work against your resale/trade in value when you're ready to trade in that lade for your next lade in a couple of years. I would lowball the offer, $16K like Oldworld said or just walk away. Btw, loved the football analogy. lol.

oldworld
04-06-09, 07:33 PM
how did you make out+??

jordan00escalade
04-06-09, 09:30 PM
Ion know.. Depends on what kind of condition the interior is in. 17 for an 04 with low miles in great condition sounds fair to me.

Ghost Deany
04-06-09, 11:19 PM
i mentioned i found some others for a better deal, and that it was in a accident, and that id give them 16 out the door with trade and possibly cash, , and have recieved no response yet, the ball is in their court now, let's see what they do with it.

on another note, ive found 2 more blacks, one is a private seller who wants 19,500 for it, if he comes to 19,000, i can get a private party finace check for 15,000 and sell the aveo to a dealership for 3,500 and duke in my 500.

the other is at this place http://www.autorevolution.com/dealers1/selectautosalesus/vehicle.cfm?vid=358705&selid=1140&sentmessage=success

they want 21,995 which seems a little high for my liking

oldworld
04-07-09, 08:16 AM
You will get a response back from the dealer..........believe me. Even if to say pass, but thats highly unlikely. They will counter, just hang in there.
I promise you will get a better price than $18K. Keep us posted.

Ghost Deany
04-07-09, 08:41 PM
still no reply from these jokers, wonder what theyre doing over there, coming up with a rebuttal as to why they cant sell me that amazing vehicle that was involved in a accident for the price i named

Ghost Deany
04-07-09, 09:03 PM
http://www.eckenhoff.com/VehicleDetails/928420114

dont understand why theyre so overpriced at cadillac dealerships, this is the perfect color im looking for ect, but 22 is way too much compared to the rest out there.

Ghost Deany
04-14-09, 09:31 PM
update

i wasnt really finding what i wanted on autotrader ect in my area. ended up finding a private seller, selling his black 04 with 39,000 miles for 19,500. has I believe an extended warranty for 3 years, 54,000 miles, active from 08. the truck seems to be in immaculate condition for an 04, fully loaded with navi, not sure if it has the flip down dvd in the middle or not, but i dont really need that anyway. just waiting to get my check from finance company. and i should be making the trip to test drive and buy. i ended up only financing 15k. the difference is a certified check from me.