: Need some glass for a 96 Fleetwood Limo - Vandals Suck!

delzy
04-02-09, 05:38 PM
Well, some jealous punks decided to put a hammer through the 3 main windows on the driver's side of my '96 44" stretch 6-door. I'm a little ticked because I just brought a 94 to the crusher that had the front and rear windows, but that's how things go. Anyway, does anyone have any leads on the front and rear door window glass?

I'm assuming I'll have to go to Superior to get the middle fixed window, but they sold their parts department to a separate company recently in what I'm sure was a brilliant business move. Does anyone know where there are parts cars or limos? Do you maybe have any spare glass? How about any recommendations to save a few bucks? I have a couple local glass companies quoting it. Who wants to guess the price? I'm hoping around $500-600, but I'm expecting more.

thefleetwoodguy
04-02-09, 09:16 PM
Ihave the rear window drivers side
if thats any help,
too bad you didnt catch the bastards

Old Fleetwood
04-02-09, 10:43 PM
If the eventual price is totally insane, you might want to check out the price for some top grade (the scratch-resistant variety) LEXAN at one of the better plastics houses.
It won't be "glass" and "original," but will get you back in business until you can come up with a junker with that expensive center glass.

Aron9000
04-03-09, 01:52 AM
If the eventual price is totally insane, you might want to check out the price for some top grade (the scratch-resistant variety) LEXAN at one of the better plastics houses.
It won't be "glass" and "original," but will get you back in business until you can come up with a junker with that expensive center glass.

I don't think that'll work since the middle window is on a door and rolls up and down.

delzy
04-03-09, 12:05 PM
Ihave the rear window drivers side
if thats any help,
too bad you didnt catch the bastardsThanks. If the quotes come in crazy, I may have to just accumulate the pieces and do the job myself.

delzy
04-03-09, 12:07 PM
It won't be "glass" and "original," but will get you back in business until you can come up with a junker with that expensive center glass.That's a good tip. If I end up doing the job myself, I may do just that.

This is a fixed middle door window that can't be opened. These six-doors come both ways.

[NortHStaR]
04-03-09, 10:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I cant tell you how many hood ornaments I have replaced from people tearing them off, I wish there was a way to make the train horns blair when the ornament was moved :stirpot:

cadillac_al
04-03-09, 10:52 PM
You wouldn't think such a thing would happen in the last best place. Scratch that off the best list. Sorry to hear about that crap though.