: Ravelco and Cadillac Warranty

srx05
04-02-09, 10:45 AM
Hello,

I have an SRX which which is still under original warranty. I am considering adding the Ravelco Anti Theft device to the car but I am afraid that it may void the warranty. Has anyone had experience with this.

Thank you for your comments in advanced.

srx05

King3244
04-02-09, 10:03 PM
These cars are equipped with an electronic engine immobilizer.....I would think that that is enough....no? You cannot start the car without the right key. You must live in a tough neighborhood.....LOL!

srx05
04-03-09, 07:13 AM
King3244,

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately, that is a false sence of security. People sell their conscience for a few bucks and one can buy a key for a specific vin with the right connections.

Just because we think we are safe does not mean we are. That is why people steal cadillacs, because it provides a false sence of security.

Just a street smart thought .........

By the way, I live in an upper middle class neighbor hood in Miami and we are not imune to crime.

srx05

jdavis
04-03-09, 09:09 AM
Miami.....yeah, go ahead and install the alarm system. I am sure that if you consult your Cadillac dealer they will tell you that the warranty will not be affected.

If you have On Star be certain that it is active. If not, consider adding a Lo-Jack system which will help in the event your car gets "jacked" or stolen.

With the Cadillac provided security features plus the added items any false sense of security that might linger in one's mind should be eliminated.

srx05
04-03-09, 09:38 AM
jdavis,

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it. I have Onstar active and LoJack seemed like a good option but a family member of ours had their Escallade stolen with Onstar and LoJack. The Onstar antena had been broken off so Onstar could not communicate and by the time the police gave priority to LoJack they did not want the car back in the condition it was found.

I think the best way is to prevent the theft from occuring in the first place. If you plan for the worse, you always come out ahead.

srx05

jdavis
04-03-09, 04:18 PM
Agreed, SRX05. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure:thumbsup:
BTW, I didn't realize that the On* antenna was located in a place where it could be broken off. I know that the "shark fin" on the roof is for XM. Is it used for On* also.

srx05
04-03-09, 05:09 PM
jdavis,

I was informed by my relative that they had janked the antena and Onstar could not make connection. Maybe something else was taken out of place in the process. But it did not communicate.

Maybe there is an expert on this forum that can shed light on this......

Thanks again for your feedback........ just trying to keep what I worked hard for.

srx05