: ND-G500 AMP Install

STVM22
04-01-09, 03:58 PM
Recently purchased a 2006 SRX and so far I love it. I was looking into purchasing an IPod along with a IPod adaptor allowing me to controll the IPod through the radio. I came across the Pioneer AVICCF500BT Navigation system with MP3 and video playing capabilities. I can play my MP3/Video as well as have a navigation system for less than what it would cost me to get the IPod items. My question is the installation of the required ND-G500 amp.

From my research, the amp has ISO connectors that can not connect to the SRX without additional wiring (harness). Has anybody installed something like this or has knowledge on what I need to get this installed? I want to avoid splicing if possible, or keep it to a minimum. I have never worked on car audio before but am not totally inept - having installed a home theater in my basement. Any help would be appreciated before I pull the trigger on this.

STVM22
04-01-09, 06:08 PM
Here is a page from the owners manual - any thoughts?

MN SRX
04-03-09, 08:04 PM
I used to be an installer, but I don't have any experience with this unit. It may be a difficult install in your SRX - its not reccomended for vehicles with premium sound systems. If your SRX has more than 4 speakers in it or a Bose system, this Pioneer is not a good choice for you. You may want to look at one of the in dash Pioneer nav units. I have an old Pioneer AVIC-N2 in one of my other cars and I think its just as good as the factory nav system in the SRX, and it has iPod connectivity.

If you want to try to install the NDG500, you will probably need to buy wiring harnesses. The problem is that if your SRX has a factory amp in it, you will need to connect the output of the factory amp to the input of the NDG500. Connecting amps together is not a good idea, and may even damage the Pioneer. If you decide to purchase the NDG500, I highly reccomend having the install done at a reputable mobile electronics shop. If you have never installed before, it will be well worth the money to let a pro do it.

If you still aren't sure or need more clarification, you may want to call Crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com).