: Part Number for HomeLink Visor, 08 SRX

gordymac
04-01-09, 09:25 AM
I bought a demo 2008 SRX last week that is missing the Universal Home Remote System (HomeLink) enabled sun visor. I'd like to purchase it, but online parts catalogs aren't very descriptive. Can anyone assist me in locating the correct part number for this item? Tan/Leather interior. Thanks in advance.

sgilbert
04-01-09, 11:30 AM
Why is it everyone is afraid to go/call to the dealer's parts counter? If, by chance, they attempt to "gouge" you, you'll have the part # and can go to GMpartsdirect or another supplier.

gordymac
04-01-09, 08:36 PM
I'm sure you meant that more constructively than crabby, so I'll forgive you. Dealer will charge $250 (installed), and wouldn't provide the part number since it needs to be installed by an authorized service provider. I can install it myself, so I assumed I'd reach out here for the part number and find the part cheaper online. After all, that is what this forum is for.

Thanks for nothing.

sgilbert
04-01-09, 11:13 PM
Of course it was meant to be constructive. :hide:

The dealer can & should sell you a part without forcing you to have them install it. If they refuse, then you need to find another dealer.

There's always junk yards too.

TSS
04-02-09, 12:57 PM
I would call another dealer. They should provide the part number.

n7don_srx
04-02-09, 04:51 PM
I've had some success by emailing gmpartsdirect with a parts inquiry. I wanted to know if the hoses to and from the trans. cooler were available as seperate parts. They weren't. It took awhile for a reply but they even sent a link with a parts breakdown.

Professor Wizard
05-22-09, 05:30 PM
JUST so you know.

THAT is NOT a "Homelink" Remote... it is a UNIVERSAL - off brand actually. I always get these in my cars, and my SRX is the FIRST one that didn't actually have a homelink. Of course, that now means it will not open MY side of the garage because you MUST have a HOMELINK Opener to open my door.

Homelink works by you using your existing garage door opener and having the visor memorize it. This Universal one only works with coded head units that will "learn" a new opener, or with a lot of fun button pushing you program it to emulate your old coded openers dip switches. Pretty much if you don't have a craftsman opener you are screwed.

Just figured you might like to know that.

carguy2009
05-22-09, 06:01 PM
I bought a demo 2008 SRX last week that is missing the Universal Home Remote System (HomeLink) enabled sun visor. I'd like to purchase it, but online parts catalogs aren't very descriptive. Can anyone assist me in locating the correct part number for this item? Tan/Leather interior. Thanks in advance.
Try Ebay and type in "Homelink" and search, many items listed. Might be something that you can fit in the visor or overhead. I believe you need "rolling code" capability. Also do a search for salvage yards for Cadillac only parts. There was a place in San Jose, CA some years back.