: Clicking Noise from Front of Engine Compartment

SRT ACE
03-31-09, 03:58 PM
I believe this is unrelated to the starting problem mentioned here (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/165729-starting-problem.html) so I started a new thread...

After I started the car during the aforementioned problem I heard some clicking noises (not necessarily new noises, but not necessarily heard before - car is new to us and music is generally left on) coming from the engine compartment.

With the car running, I opened up the hood and heard the noises coming from the front of the engine compartment and from various sides. It was a clicking noise almost sounding like a relay. They were sporadic with no set pattern. Does anyone have similar noises or figure out the problem/fix?

My thoughts are that one possible cause of the noises: even though I couldn't directly pinpoint where they were coming from it seemed like there were AC lines in the general vicinity of each noise heard. Would it be typical for the AC system to make clicking noises during expansion/contraction?

Thanks!
ACE