: 2nd Row Seating

Kincaid450
03-30-09, 10:51 PM
I have an o5 lade and i have a bench seat as my second row. i was wondering can i buy two bucket seats and mount them back in to the spot where the bench came out and not have to mod anything.

dbeau69
04-02-09, 05:03 AM
Absolutely NOT! It is very different.

boomerang
04-02-09, 11:43 AM
While mine is an '03 NOT an '05, I found it relatively simple! The seats are HEAVY...especially the bench. But the buckets bolted right down to the same mounting bolts that came thru the floor for the benchs seat mount. 2 important points...there was one bolt (which I don't remember the use of) that I had to zizz wheel off AND the plastic covers for the bench seat frames would not work as covers for the bucket seat frames! Other than those 2 (minor) points, the conversion was a piece of cake.

Ra0035
04-02-09, 02:07 PM
I have an '02 w/ bench seats and just purchased some rear captains seats from a '04 from eBay. I know there is a difference in the seat itself but the brackets should work, I'll let you know how it works out. Not sure if the '02-'04 will work with an '05 but i can give you measurements next week if you want.

Ra0035
04-02-09, 03:23 PM
Here is a set about to end tonight

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180340801879

Skidd
04-05-09, 03:59 AM
I had the same question... I've got a 2004 Escalade ESV and wanted to replace the 2nd row bench seats for captains chairs. Based one what I've read I'm sure the captains chairs will bolt in the old holes OK, but does anyone know if there will be any extra holes feft over? I.e. are there mounting holes used in the bench that are not used in the buckets?

ZaC851
04-05-09, 02:54 PM
I'm pertty sure the flooring is completly differnce in the middle where you would normaly walk

Skidd
04-06-09, 08:13 PM
I'm pertty sure the flooring is completly differnce in the middle where you would normaly walk

I would honestly be staggered if that was the case. I find it hard to imagine that GM would have one floor pan style for Escalades with 2nd row benches and another for those with 2nd row buckets.

In an era where they are trying for as much commonality between the models as they can (cost savings) this would be hard to justify.

I guess I'll just have to do some more research.

cbaseraba
08-03-09, 09:47 PM
Hi I have an 05 Escalade w Quad Buckets..but thinking about putting in a 2nd row bench.
Didnt see a conclusion to this thread - can I install a bench quite easily...and any idea on cost ??

Thanks!

KAC
08-04-09, 12:01 PM
You can swap your two rear bucket seats for a bench seat very easily. The studs in the floor will line right up for either a bench seat or two bucket seats. If you do this mod yourself, your only cost would be the cost of the new bench seat.

I took my bench seat out and installed two bucket seats a few weeks ago and it was a piece of cake. If you are interested in a tan/shale bench seat, let me know.

hcvone
08-04-09, 01:18 PM
When I got my 2003 Escalade they were switching out buckets for a bench in the service area, watched them do it so I know it can be done pretty easy. :)

bstiffmanofsteel
08-04-09, 01:36 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/132638-interior-conversion-help.html