: Supply catching up to demand?

globed70
07-08-04, 03:59 PM
Saw quite a few Vs showing up in forum messages, and noticed some new 04s going unsold on eBay and a new 05 only bid up to $43k. Perhaps supply and demand are getting close to equalized in many markets? :hmm:

Cal
07-08-04, 04:01 PM
Lack of advertising probably has noone searching for the car, or realizing what it is yet. That'd be my guess.

People do not associate Cadillac with this kind of car so they don't sit waiting breathlessly for the next 400hp Caddy to arrive, they are all waiting to plunk down a 1 bedroom house in cash on an M5.

gothicaleigh
07-08-04, 04:04 PM
I always wonder about those eBay cars...
Around here, a V rarely sits on a lot much more than a few weeks, if at all...

b4z
07-08-04, 04:21 PM
The lack of a 5 or 6 speed auto is the reason cars will be sitting on the lots.

gothicaleigh
07-08-04, 04:35 PM
It's a performance car that has seen a limited production of 3000 units a year thus far...
I don't see how anyone could have a problem selling them. Like I said before, the dealers I know of can't keep them on the lot. The Z06 has never been offered with an automatic and sells fine. Why would the even more limited production V be any different?

CadV
07-08-04, 04:41 PM
Saw quite a few Vs showing up in forum messages, and noticed some new 04s going unsold on eBay and a new 05 only bid up to $43k. Perhaps supply and demand are getting close to equalized in many markets? :hmm:
Whoever sold it for 43 got ripped off.

miscreant
07-08-04, 04:43 PM
One of the problems was that GMAC just recently published residuals on the CTS-V that are much more attractive. When most of CTS-V crowd was interested in the car, they had horrible residuals and everyone went and bought something else or didn't know about the new residuals. We've leased two over the weekend to customers returning with a halfway decent lease...

miscreant
07-08-04, 04:44 PM
Whoever sold it for 43 got ripped off.
My guess is the reserve was not met at that price, the auction only went up to 43k...

T_Dogg8
07-08-04, 04:45 PM
It's a performance car that has seen a limited production of 3000 units a year thus far...
I don't see how anyone could have a problem selling them. Like I said before, the dealers I know of can't keep them on the lot. The Z06 has never been offered with an automatic and sells fine. Why would the even more limited production V be any different?

the reason the v is different is because it's not a sports car like the z06 is. it's a sedan with a hell of a lot of hp. it's for people who want a nice luxury sedan with a little play. a lot of people probably don't want to have to worry about a 6-speed in bumper to bumper traffic in the city. the v is going to be much more of an everyday car compared to the z06.

the dealer in my town has had one advertised in the paper for 2 weeks now. so apparently they're not running it straight out the door.

CadV
07-08-04, 04:57 PM
My guess is the reserve was not met at that price, the auction only went up to 43k...
If I remember my GMS sheet correctly the cost of a V with no options is 44'ish.
FG2=950'ish
Roof=950'ish.
2005 comes with a Gas Guzzler tax of 1300.
Cost=47000-48000

That of course is if GM actually gives the car to Employees for cost :eyebrow:

Rickerbucks
07-08-04, 06:55 PM
There are two '04's in my area. One has been at the dealer for 2 months. They offerred me a $1000 discount to MSRP - CDN btw - However, it is still a little more then I want to spend and it is silver. I want a black one.Personally I think I will wait and see if I can get a used one in the months ahead.

Miscreant: I'm VERY interested to here that the residual numbers have improved. I was shocked and stunned at the residuals that I saw. seems to me it was 41% after 48 months.

Would you mind sharing what interest rate you guys use for lease financing and also what residuals are at 36 and 48 months. I'm in Canada so things may be differnet, but none-the-less I'm interested in what is developing down there.

EDIT: Actually I looked at my notes again. It was 35% :annoyed: for the CTS V and 41% for the CTS

ctsvett
07-08-04, 07:35 PM
Dealers near me are marking them up still that is why they are not selling...

Greed!

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

jag2001
07-08-04, 08:32 PM
There are two '04's in my area. One has been at the dealer for 2 months. They offerred me a $1000 discount to MSRP - CDN btw - However, it is still a little more then I want to spend and it is silver. I want a black one.Personally I think I will wait and see if I can get a used one in the months ahead.

Miscreant: I'm VERY interested to here that the residual numbers have improved. I was shocked and stunned at the residuals that I saw. seems to me it was 41% after 48 months.

Would you mind sharing what interest rate you guys use for lease financing and also what residuals are at 36 and 48 months. I'm in Canada so things may be differnet, but none-the-less I'm interested in what is developing down there.
I'm interested in those residual numbers and interest rates as well. If the lease terms are good, I might go that route. I'm a little hesitant to buy one since resale values are pretty much up in the air with this being the first 'V'.

bryce3
07-08-04, 10:18 PM
I live in No. California (the Bay Area). I personally called every dealer around and the average price for an '04 V was between $53k and $66k. I got mine for $56k. I was told by one of the dealers that he had already sold 3 V's and is awaiting another delivery. All the other dealers are still sitting on there cars.

I don't know how many of you have ever bought from Cadillac before but this is my second new Caddy and there sales people really suck. I had been waiting for the V to land since back in November when I heard they were supposed to be released. At one particular dealership I left my name and 3 different forms of contact information for them to get back to me. I then stopped by from time to time to see if the car had landed yet. Finally the car came in and I called the first day they were open for business with the unit available, No One had any information on the price or if I could test drive it or anything. So I left my name and info again. I never received a call and there V is still sitting there.

I tell the service guys this story every time I take my V, (that I got at another dealer) in for service. All they do is shake there heads at the sales departments poor customer service skills.

Sean

07-10-04, 07:08 AM
I must say that my experience here on the east coast has been quite the opposite of this Bay area experience. Very few dealers are marking up, and those that are sit on the cars for a while.

I had gotten acquainted with 2 dealers in VA and one in NJ; 24 hours (85 miles) after taking delivery of one of the first ones, at sticker, in February, the driveline developed an unusually loud clunk. The dealer took the car back and undid the transaction with no hassle at all. A very pleasant experience. They offered me two other V's as they came in the following weeks, but I did not accept them for various (but yes, minor, mfg. defects).

In late May I ended up buying one from a NJ dealer, for $3k below sticker, in another very pleasant, no tricks transaction, and have been very pleased. Had one minor service issue which I took in to a third (local) dealer, they fixed in one day and returned the car all clean and shiny and fixed properly.

While the CTS-V rollout has certainly been less than perfect, I am a Caddy convert......as long as they will make fun cars like this they will be at the top of my list.

Sorry to hear that there are some others who are not having the same pleasant experience. From what I read on this and the Roadfly board, though, it seems to be the exception not the rule.

Doug