: Seafoam

Aurora5000
03-30-09, 01:20 PM
I use it at oil change with gas. Lots of info. on Seafoam.

Sea Foam Motor Treatment has been around since 1942, and was originally developed to remove varnish in carburetors in outboard engines. So the product has been around virtually forever, and is now used as a fuel injector cleaner, carburetor cleaner and all-around cleaner for anything touched by gasoline or diesel fuel. It's also claimed to be a fuel stabilizer, an engine top lube, dry gas and de-icer.
http://www.seafoamsales.com
Their website

NO, I do not work for or associated with Seafoam...

amgqmp1
03-30-09, 11:20 PM
Seafoam is an impressive chemical. After seeing the top end engine cleaning results on a Volvo forum...I tried it on an old Mercedes E320 ('97) that I no longer own. I didn't take the top end of the motor apart to see the results, but, it had 115K miles on it...and the engine responsiveness difference after the "treatment" was noticeable.

My current stable of vehicles have too few miles to benefit from the sludge burning festival that putting an entire can of Seafoam through the throttle body can induce...but, I will say this...if you decide to put a can through the throttle body a little bit at a time...you will do two things:

- Create a noxious smokescreen for 5+ minutes that has to be illegal in every civilized nation

- Risk blocking up the catalytic converter(s) on the vehicle

These days I might run a can through the gas tank a couple times a year. ;)

STE_6000
05-30-10, 10:40 PM
Anyone else use seafoam in their cars? if so how many miles and was it truly noticeable?

char1iebrown
05-31-10, 12:01 AM
A lot of car dealerships only use BG 44K it apparently works better than seafoam.

dkozloski
05-31-10, 03:19 AM
If you want to decarbonize an engine a spray bottle of tap water will do everything Seafoam will do.

Platinum06
05-31-10, 02:15 PM
Boat, truck, and STS get Seafoam added to the fuel tank twice a year....I'm a 20 year boater, knew about this stuff for years. Works great.

Subsailor613
05-31-10, 11:25 PM
Safe for Catalytic Converters ?
I put in this question to the Seafoam company.
Will report back when they answer me. :cool2:
I understand on boats, this is NOT a problem,and probably works
GREAT ! :alchi:

Platinum06
05-31-10, 11:29 PM
I have put it in the STS twice so far...runs great.

kadiLacDaddy
06-01-10, 05:43 AM
so i was reading the forum and had no idea about seafoam and decided to pick some up from NAPA. Paid about 11$ each ended up buy 4 cans. So is it true that you only need to use 1/3rd of the bottle per full gas tank?

also what kind of improvements will I see from using this product?

thanks

Subsailor613
06-01-10, 10:40 PM
Message returned: Seafoam will clean Converters, that are plugged,
SMell like rotten eggs, etc. but will NOT and Can Not repair converters,
that are mechanically incapacitated.
This is from the Seafoam Co.:):)

Platinum06
06-01-10, 11:28 PM
I put in 1 can per full tank...

STE_6000
06-02-10, 01:02 AM
1 can per gas sounds like overkill. 1 can per month sounds more like it if you fill up 4 times a month. and then do the entire system once every 6th months. most of our cars shouldnt have the wear and tear on them to need constant seafoam work.

Platinum06
06-02-10, 03:12 AM
As I wrote further above, I use it twice a year/once every 6 months... I mix it at 1 can per tank full.

Normal gasoline grades (including 10% and 15% ethanol blends)
1 oz. Sea Foam Motor Treatment per gallon of gasoline
Can mix up to 2 oz. per gallon of gasoline if necessary. Mixing at less than 2/3 oz. per gallon will impair the effectiveness of Sea Foam.

STE_6000
06-02-10, 02:07 PM
As I wrote further above, I use it twice a year/once every 6 months... I mix it at 1 can per tank full.

Normal gasoline grades (including 10% and 15% ethanol blends)
1 oz. Sea Foam Motor Treatment per gallon of gasoline
Can mix up to 2 oz. per gallon of gasoline if necessary. Mixing at less than 2/3 oz. per gallon will impair the effectiveness of Sea Foam.

Gotch ya, missed the 1-2 a year mention.

next2pool
06-02-10, 05:26 PM
It really is good stuff and can be a good preventative measure. It is not just for decarbonizing combustion chambers but can clean or keep clean fuel injectors.