: Guys with my handheld, i need your feedback.

wait4me
03-30-09, 09:22 AM
I need your honest feedback on the programs ive made for the handheld, so i can make changes, to improve what you guys want. I can do just about anything, but my preference on how a car drives may be different from another person.

I spent a TON of drive time and miles getting the tunes how they are now, but im always looking to tweek them to be better.

Ive only sold about 25 of them so I should be able to spend a little bit of time with you guys to make what you got, exactly what you asked for..

thanks Jes

CadV
03-30-09, 12:48 PM
I need your honest feedback on the programs ive made for the handheld, so i can make changes, to improve what you guys want. I can do just about anything, but my preference on how a car drives may be different from another person.

I spent a TON of drive time and miles getting the tunes how they are now, but im always looking to tweek them to be better.

Ive only sold about 25 of them so I should be able to spend a little bit of time with you guys to make what you got, exactly what you asked for..

thanks Jes

The ability to customize the three tunes is all I need. Mods change etc it is perfect the way you have it. Least for me.

Razorecko
03-30-09, 12:57 PM
the ability to get rid of that stupid 1&4 shift crap on the manual tranny

musclesbmf
03-30-09, 01:14 PM
Rear o2 sensors turned off would be great for the addition of headers or hi-flo cats.
I love the way the car drives after the install but a couple things I wish were better: I was hoping the trans would shift a little faster/harder. Don't get me wrong, it is night and day different from before, but still doesn't shift as hard as my RT Magnum did with Diablo Predator tune. Also I'd like the car to go immediatley in to competive mode and the suspension to go into sport mode.
Also, I'd like to know the difference between W4M Tune, and W4M Max.

Thanks,
Mark

wait4me
03-30-09, 01:28 PM
w4m max is firmer shifts and less tm. Quicker commanded shift times and higher shift points when in sport mode.

If you would have asked for specific things, i can and could implement any of those. Where i have the tunes now are safe, but if you go much firmer and more line pressures, it may start to degrade the transmission life and i didnt want that.

as for skip shift. I can get rid of that with just the ECM.

Or are you meaning skip shift of the automatic? I can also get rid of the skip shifting of the auto if you really want it gone.

Razorecko
03-30-09, 01:37 PM
I meant the gas saving 1 & 4 shift lock on the tremec trannies. Do you have any tunes specifically setup for the manual transmissions. Can you go more aggressive with the manual in terms of throttle than the auto's ?

wait4me
03-30-09, 02:00 PM
I can get rid of the skip shift on the manual. That is an easy thing to do. It is in the engine ecm. As for the throttle, it is just a plotted out 0 to 100%. They are identical in both engine cals.

CadV
03-30-09, 02:26 PM
I used the max tune and think it shifts great.

musclesbmf
03-30-09, 03:50 PM
does the SCT handheld have the ability to upload an ECU/TCU tune? For example, with lsedit on my laptop I just choose the directory to look in and it would install that tune into my Z06 ecm. I notice the SCT handheld has USB connectivity and wondered if that were a possibility so that we could get customized tunes from you.
Please do not misunderstand me. I love the way the car drives now. Much much much improved. Just a few tweaks. We all have our likes and dislikes.

Thanks,
Mark

wait4me
03-30-09, 04:01 PM
The handhelds arent exactly ready for mass production. For me to make them work on these cars is a MAJOR chore. They work for older stuff and that is it right now. That thrown in with the differences of 2009 ecms and checksums and other things, It makes it even harder for them to work for you guys.

I dont think the 2009 usb functionality will be ready any time soon for them. Ford is always thier top priority. The software doesnt even have the files yet to work in thier software i dont believe. I had to do alot of things to make them work without killing the cars.

Ketzer
03-30-09, 05:08 PM
The handheld seems tons easier than swapping entire ecus, and offers three diff tunes to pick from.
Is there any difference in the end result? (other than cost)

Jeff-

wait4me
03-30-09, 05:54 PM
The difference is the trans tune is modified also instead of just the ecm. Both work together to make it better.

musclesbmf
03-30-09, 06:07 PM
Didn't realize it was such a chore to get these working for us. I personally thank you for making our cars better than factory. Like I've said before, I don't believe many of the guys in this "community" understand what an asset you are. So again, thank you for all the hard work.

Also, sent you an email and PM about your last run of exhausts.

Thanks,
Mark

colbachlaw
03-31-09, 01:40 AM
Jess,

This may have already been answered, but how do I upgrade it for a new tune?

I have ordered your CAI, handheld, and a set of the AR headers, but will be buying a crank pulley from you when they are available, as well as any intercooler mods that you come up with.

Thanks again for putting in the time to figure out these cars so quickly. I am sure that tuning a V is a real money loser compared to tuning trucks (the tune you did on my Escalade was awesome). I can't wait to get my tune.

Mike C

dtwalkerfl
11-07-10, 10:29 PM
The difference is the trans tune is modified also instead of just the ecm. Both work together to make it better.
wait4me:

Apparently I am too new a member here to PM you.
Just ordered a 2011 CTS-V manual trans wagon. Interested in all stuff for it, especially tune by portable.

Razorecko
11-07-10, 11:17 PM
wait4me:

Apparently I am too new a member here to PM you.
Just ordered a 2011 CTS-V manual trans wagon. Interested in all stuff for it, especially tune by portable.

This is Jesse's website.

http://www.wait4meperformance.com/

GMX322V S/C
11-08-10, 02:52 AM
How has everyone been going about getting updated tunes for their handheld? I figure my list of mods would be important, so over the last month or so, I've tried email (same address I used to order the handheld) and PMs to Jesse with my VIN and list of mods, but haven't received any response at all. I try calling every now and then but haven't been able to even get an answering machine. Even just a simple acknowledgement that my messages have been received and an estimated timeframe for a response would be appreciated Jesse.

Tony407
11-08-10, 07:16 AM
Would love to have a way to have the car always default to sport suspension mode instead of tour, if that's possible.

Would also like to use the max performance without the fan coming on at startup.

And a way to be able to switch off the MRC system.

Love my handheld BTW.

Tony

Razorecko
11-08-10, 10:24 AM
Does the handheld do any realtime data-logging ? It'd be great to be able to do a couple pulls and have it sent out to you for a proper adjustment

Howsitgoing
11-08-10, 10:17 PM
I can get rid of the skip shift on the manual.

Am I missing something? My 2010 does not have the 1 - 4 lock out like my 2006 did or anything that resembles it!

mannyz
11-09-10, 12:22 AM
^^^ never happened to me either or I never noticed it.

cbloveday
11-09-10, 08:52 AM
Does the handheld do any realtime data-logging ? It'd be great to be able to do a couple pulls and have it sent out to you for a proper adjustment

Adrian, I have never used the datalogging, but it appears to have that feature
http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=6&VID=#2

Razorecko
11-09-10, 10:51 AM
Hmm...I wonder if you can record the data logging w/ a/f measurement. Something good to know if you do a minor tweak and need to know if you need to have your tune re adjusted.

e6t
11-09-10, 05:47 PM
Am I missing something? My 2010 does not have the 1 - 4 lock out like my 2006 did or anything that resembles it!

me too.

Tim1313
11-09-10, 06:36 PM
Hi Jesse,
The tunes you put together for me worked out perfect for my mods, thanks for putting the work into it. I don't think the max tune needs anything with my V2 Auto, since making the tranny tune any more aggressive would be at the expense of the longevity of the tranny. Also let me know when you get the rockers in.

barryg
11-09-10, 08:04 PM
Adrian, I have never used the datalogging, but it appears to have that feature

The hand held does have the ability to data log, either directly to the handheld or via your laptop through the handheld

whytediamond
11-09-10, 11:14 PM
how much power can be gained from the handheld vs swapping the ECU?

edsuski
11-10-10, 02:25 AM
Jesse,

Have you found a fix for the 2009 cars so that the user does not have to pull fuses to load the programs?

Is there a way for you to change the shift program to be less severe - when the car down shifts more than one gear - during hard acceleration? I have heard (I don't have your program yet) that accelerating hard after cruising in a high gear can cause the transmission to down shift more than one gear (as expected - depending on speed) and that the resulting multi-gear shift is so hard that people fear that it might damage the transmission. Wouldn't it make more sense to use a little more caution when the transmission down shifts more than one gear? What is your opinion?

Thanks.

jwa999
11-10-10, 09:22 AM
Jesse,

Have you found a fix for the 2009 cars so that the user does not have to pull fuses to load the programs?

Is there a way for you to change the shift program to be less severe - when the car down shifts more than one gear - during hard acceleration? I have heard (I don't have your program yet) that accelerating hard after cruising in a high gear can cause the transmission to down shift more than one gear (as expected - depending on speed) and that the resulting multi-gear shift is so hard that people fear that it might damage the transmission. Wouldn't it make more sense to use a little more caution when the transmission down shifts more than one gear? What is your opinion?

Thanks.

I'm now able to swap tunes in my automatic without pulling fuses. One time after updating from stock, it would still give an error, so learn where the fuses are. But swapping between tunes, no problem.

I use the non-max performance tune. Last week i went back and forth between max-tune and non-max tune. The max transmission tune might be good for a drag race, but during regular driving, i constantly get kicked with almost every shift. The non-max tune is a lot smoother. I only get a little kick from 2-3 occasionally, but over all a lot better in automatic and manual mode. I never heard of the transmission downshifting 2 gears at a time. When you step on it, it will downshift twice or 3 times, but does it in steps.

When switching to manual mode i usually tap the downshift twice to start to break on the engine. All goes perfectly smooth. Car is highly controllable with the wheel shifters, i actually love the way it's implemented. My only wish is i could get the trans-tune from Jesse that will auto upshift at the rev-limit, because it will hit that "burrrrr" more than once during aggressive maneuvers.

Hans.

oneman42
11-10-10, 10:49 AM
Just for peace of mind have the speed limiter removed...
George

dons
11-11-10, 08:13 AM

thanks Jes

Does the handhled remove the speed limiter on the automatic and let it surpass 175 MPH?

Ross L
11-11-10, 08:45 AM
Just got exactly what I was "thinking but didn't post". A adjustable tune where I can change the WOT fuel and timing. Havent loaded it yet, but should be nice! Combine that with the SCT monitor to watch for knock. IMO, everyone with pulley upgrades should "watch" a 3-4th gear run and see if there is any knock activity.

wait4me
11-11-10, 11:32 AM
Ross i dont give that to everyone. People can mess with things they shouldnt and there is possibilty of an engine failure if you do something wrong.

Out of 594 handhelds sold so far for these i dont have any blown engines and i want to keep that track record, so that is why i dont let them change things...

I gave you that ability because you said you where getting knock events on a program that tons of other cars are running just fine, So i pulled a few degrees in your new tunes, plus added the ability for you to put those 2 back if needed.

gnxs
11-12-10, 07:50 AM
Jesse,

I'm currently out of town, but I'll call you with a ton of feedback next week (or on the phone on my drive back from FL tomorrow if you're available).

Bowtye8
01-22-11, 09:51 AM
Who here is using EFI live instead of the hand held? I would assume EFI live is more for the advanced user who wants to program his/her own car as well as get a tune file for Jesse?

09cts-v
02-16-11, 06:32 PM
I would like the downshifting to be softer. When I punch it in sport mode the car drops gears and I hear the rearend clunk like something is going to break. So for now I manually drop gears, let the engine rev up then punch it.

Turbo Kyle
02-16-11, 07:00 PM
Didn't realize it was such a chore to get these working for us. I personally thank you for making our cars better than factory. Like I've said before, I don't believe many of the guys in this "community" understand what an asset you are. So again, thank you for all the hard work.

Also, sent you an email and PM about your last run of exhausts.

Thanks,
Mark

No kidding...I have done a TON of reading here and Jessie seems to be thee solution.

bash535i
02-16-11, 10:50 PM
Is it just me or is the wait4me website just a single page with flash on it? I would love to be able to read more about his products/services, but can't get past the first page on any browser that I've tried. I'm probably just doing something wrong, or at least I hope so. If not, you'd think there would be a talented site designer (no me), who could trade out services.

oneman42
02-16-11, 10:58 PM
Is it just me or is the wait4me website just a single page with flash on it? I would love to be able to read more about his products/services, but can't get past the first page on any browser that I've tried. I'm probably just doing something wrong, or at least I hope so. If not, you'd think there would be a talented site designer (no me), who could trade out services.
If it is one page then you are on the right one.
Any questions call him or post them here.
HTH,
George

09cts-v
02-17-11, 12:51 AM
I'm also hoping they set up a page with all of their products.

Domsz06
02-17-11, 11:09 AM
I'm also hoping they set up a page with all of their products.

Jesse quoted in another thread that he won't be changing his site as then that would require more overhead and he would have to raise his prices.

He wants to set up each customers car to meet each of their needs. so what you see is all your gonna get unless he has a change of heart.

CTSV4now
04-01-11, 01:20 PM
I would like to learn more about the data logging feature.

Someone earlier said you can data log to the handheld itself. If I do, how do I view the data?
They also said you can hookup to a laptop. How does that work?

musclesbmf
04-01-11, 02:11 PM
I would like to learn more about the data logging feature.

Someone earlier said you can data log to the handheld itself. If I do, how do I view the data?
They also said you can hookup to a laptop. How does that work?

I've never done it, but their website should have some info: http://www.sctflash.com

mrl859
04-02-11, 12:11 PM
w4m max is firmer shifts and less tm. Quicker commanded shift times and higher shift points when in sport mode.

If you would have asked for specific things, i can and could implement any of those. Where i have the tunes now are safe, but if you go much firmer and more line pressures, it may start to degrade the transmission life and i didnt want that.

as for skip shift. I can get rid of that with just the ECM.

Or are you meaning skip shift of the automatic? I can also get rid of the skip shifting of the auto if you really want it gone.Skip shifting of the auto transmissions???????

musclesbmf
04-02-11, 07:50 PM
Skip shifting of the auto transmissions???????

Auto's start in 2nd when in normal mode, and first when in M. I believe he is saying he can make normal start in 1st.

Mark

KevinR70
08-25-11, 12:52 PM
Jesse,

Thanks.

I would like the downshifting to be softer. When I punch it in sport mode the car drops gears and I hear the rearend clunk like something is going to break. So for now I manually drop gears, let the engine rev up then punch it.

Jesse,

This is what I've been talking about on my car since you turned it into a 625rwhp beast. It will downshift 2 to 3 gears at once (in both normal and sport mode)and really slam the transmission/rear end. It's not as bad if I take off TC. My car did not do this with just the 2.55 upper and the handheld tune. If I'm understanding you correctly it is because the transmission is torque based and I have much more torque now. I'm just surprised I don't hear more about this since it really takes away from the performance when you have to ease into the throttle to prevent the slam. Is there anyway to tune the transmission to prevent it dropping 3 gears at a time?

Anybody else having this problem with or without mods?

Ross L
08-25-11, 01:55 PM
not Jessie, But IMO WOt downshifts are the hardest thing you can subject your tranny to. I learned to NEVER do it in my GN, now I never do it in the CTS-V. If I find the need to downshift, I put the lever in sport and use the buttons to pull it down a gear(or two). Then bump the shifter back to normal whenever needed. Good luck with your question though.

baabootoo
08-25-11, 02:02 PM
Doesn't it go to full Manual Mode if you touch the button? Or do you mean kick it back to Normal mode, by pulling it to the left?

Ross L
08-25-11, 02:51 PM
yes, Manual mode to get it in correct gear, then go WOT and pull it back to the left once the revs are up and I know it won't downshift. sounds much more complicated than it is. Sometimes I just ease into the throttle and allow it to downshift once when passing but don't go WOT.

Bowtye8
08-25-11, 06:30 PM
Jesse,

This is what I've been talking about on my car since you turned it into a 625rwhp beast. It will downshift 2 to 3 gears at once (in both normal and sport mode)and really slam the transmission/rear end. It's not as bad if I take off TC. My car did not do this with just the 2.55 upper and the handheld tune. If I'm understanding you correctly it is because the transmission is torque based and I have much more torque now. I'm just surprised I don't hear more about this since it really takes away from the performance when you have to ease into the throttle to prevent the slam. Is there anyway to tune the transmission to prevent it dropping 3 gears at a time?

Anybody else having this problem with or without mods?

Yes I have the handheld with Jesse's programming. I have the mild tune loaded. Still shift hard!! I dont mean a chirp shirt. like mentioned above it hits the rev limiter and bangs the rear end.
I loaded this tune after I upgraded to the lower 9.5 and CAI.