: Sapele Wood Trim availability

Tasos
03-27-09, 11:24 PM
Scott,

Can you verify Sapele Wood Trim...RPO B18 is available for order at this time for the 2009 V2?

Tasos
03-28-09, 12:24 AM
Also, does anyone know how much for this option?

cmicasa
03-28-09, 08:06 AM
The layout and detailing of the V's interior is pretty much identical to the standard car, and you can get wood trim to replace the shiny black stuff EDMUNDS

And I have seen pictures of the wood trim in a V and thought it was a mistake. IF anyone knows about this.. I would be cool with the making th exchange as long as the parts didn't exceed $1000

http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/0/b/T/1/ag_09ctsv_intdark.jpg

http://cars.about.com/od/whatscomingin2009/tp/bestnewcarsof2009.htm

cmicasa
03-28-09, 08:10 AM
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/cadillac_100166505_l.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=1NX1S67K1E PB17FHDG82&Expires=1238846922&Signature=OpMR7DKM5pEU%2B1qXjdxarg9bWEA%3D

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/cadillac_100166501_l.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=1NX1S67K1E PB17FHDG82&Expires=1238846922&Signature=qGG5zWsNZNUMh6NKUKRCdOj8vBU%3D

Hawkeye2
03-28-09, 08:14 AM
I like the wood as well, it adds a nice rich touch to the interior.

cmicasa
03-28-09, 08:28 AM
I looked on Cadillac's site and could not find it... Even if U BUILD one it isn't listed as an option. AND U KNO the dealer will have no damn clue what U are talking about. My dealer literally told me that it didn't have have "G Meter":o

62Jeff
03-28-09, 09:25 AM
I looked on Cadillac's site and could not find it... Even if U BUILD one it isn't listed as an option. AND U KNO the dealer will have no damn clue what U are talking about. My dealer literally told me that it didn't have have "G Meter":o

He probably thought you were talking about a Gangster meeter :D

Cadillac Tony
03-28-09, 10:16 AM
It's not listed on gmpricing yet, and the order screen shows "will advise". I'd guess it's going to be pretty close to the cost of the wood option on the regular CTS, which is $495.

62Jeff
03-28-09, 11:12 AM
It's not listed on gmpricing yet, and the order screen shows "will advise". I'd guess it's going to be pretty close to the cost of the wood option on the regular CTS, which is $495.

Are those parts available separately from GM? I do miss the wood in my xk8, that I traded for the cts-v. This wood package may be a nice way to bridge the style gap between the two interiors, of done tastefully.

concorso
03-28-09, 11:43 AM
http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/cadillac_100166505_l.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=1NX1S67K1E PB17FHDG82&Expires=1238846922&Signature=OpMR7DKM5pEU%2B1qXjdxarg9bWEA%3D

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/cadillac_100166501_l.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=1NX1S67K1E PB17FHDG82&Expires=1238846922&Signature=qGG5zWsNZNUMh6NKUKRCdOj8vBU%3D

The color of the wood is quite different in the 3 pics. I wonder which is closest to the color in real life? The first pic shows redish hue, but the last 2 seem to make it look greyish...

Would all the piano black in the center dash stay piano black in the production models? OR would it also be sapele wood?

Krug Ford
03-28-09, 08:20 PM
Its not available at this time..

Talked to the Factory Rep today.

jperaino
03-28-09, 08:55 PM
I'm sure Scott's info is good but my dealer just placed an order for a V with B18 Sapele wood trim and the GM ordering system accepted the order.

thebigjimsho
03-29-09, 12:54 AM
Always on the ball with an accurate answer...

Krug Ford
03-29-09, 09:28 PM
It will accept it just not get built till the parts are available.

thebigjimsho
03-30-09, 09:57 PM
gray sapele wood with swayde??

Krug Ford
03-30-09, 10:22 PM
Its out of the order system...

Can't be placed..

thebigjimsho
03-30-09, 11:48 PM
damn! hope for change...

wait, wut?

Hawkeye2
04-19-09, 09:35 PM
stayed tuned. Available for 2010 model year.

Razorecko
04-19-09, 10:04 PM
Its out of the order system...

Can't be placed..

so its been yanked entirely ? when do the order for the '09 v's stop and the 10's begin ? ( if they do )

chopmeat
04-19-09, 10:27 PM
I hope I don't offend anybody BUT...
Why do you want plastic old man wood in a race style car?

62Jeff
04-19-09, 10:39 PM
Why do you want plastic old man wood in a race style car?

Oh christ, another pissing contest over personal tastes. Let the games begin.
:banghead:

concorso
04-19-09, 10:58 PM
Why do you want plastic old man wood in a race style car?The same could be said about any of the luxuries in the car. They added an auto for this gen, why not add wood? Im guessing they had enough people ask about the wood to encourage them to produce it...

chopmeat
04-19-09, 11:30 PM
I said I didn't want to offend!!
Just my taste!

62Jeff
04-20-09, 12:09 AM
That's the great thing about the CTS-V - it can be a track-day car for those who want that, and a luxury car with balls for those who prefer that style of car.

Track day car: Base car, no options, lighter (as far as a 4,000 lb car can be considered "light")

Luxury car: All options, heavier, that still smacks down most other cars on the way to work. :D

Hawkeye2
04-20-09, 05:02 AM
Why not? You can get it in the base CTS, so why not the V? Same could be said for polished rims,
Nav System, Satelite radio.......all the stuff a track car does not need. (inc. a back seat!!).

ExtraV
04-20-09, 09:01 AM
That brown wood next to the black piano console looks like garbage. Its like wearing black shoes with a brown belt.
Needs a dark, black birds eye wood.

Krug Ford
04-20-09, 09:50 AM
It is only available on the 2010 V's.. As of right now.

vperl
04-21-09, 02:25 AM
Scott,

Can you verify Sapele Wood Trim...RPO B18 is available for order at this time for the 2009 V2?

found in my travels over the Net that the V may have indeed at onetime had a

Midnight Sapele Wood Trim...RPO B18

Seems to have gone bye bye now

Mac141
04-21-09, 12:26 PM
That brown wood next to the black piano console looks like garbage. Its like wearing black shoes with a brown belt.
Needs a dark, black birds eye wood.

Just visiting from the CTS forum. Here is Photoshop version minus the wood steering wheel. It's actually not that bad but black birdseye maple would look nice as well.

demorgan59
04-21-09, 01:51 PM
Alright, what does REAL wood trim mean anyway? Is it a super thin layer of wood veneer over plastic or is the entire piece solid wood? Has anyone dissected one of the CTS or STS-V production parts?

Razorecko
04-21-09, 11:57 PM
Alright, what does REAL wood trim mean anyway? Is it a super thin layer of wood veneer over plastic or is the entire piece solid wood? Has anyone dissected one of the CTS or STS-V production parts?

Its veneer. The only auto manufacturer i know of that would use solid wood would be a rolls royce

Z06ified
04-22-09, 03:19 PM
I think the wood looks great. I was bummed when I first learned the CTS-V didn't have it available as an option. Now I'm excited it will be available on the 2010 model, which is what I was going to hold out for anyway. Now if they just come up with a darker version of the titanium 2-tone interior color (the current version is too light, almost white), I'll be thrilled.

Copdawg50
01-31-14, 07:26 AM
I just bought a 2013 Cadillac CTS luxury. I got a great deal, but it does not have the Sapele wood trim package. The salesman at the dealership doesn't seem to no where to purchase or get it from. Anybody know who he or I should contact? Copdawg50

Copdawg50
01-31-14, 07:35 AM
I just bought a used Cadillac Cts luxury. It was a great deal and I love the car, but it did not come with the Sapele wood trim package. The dealer doesn't seem to know who to contact, if i can get it put on, or anything. Any help would be appreciated.

RaVeNous
01-31-14, 08:56 AM
You can buy all of the trim pieces in the neighborhood of $800-$1000 if I remember correctly. You might be able to sell your old trim for cores that people need for having carbon fiber trim fabricated. Its not a cheap mod!

RaVeNous
01-31-14, 09:00 AM
Its just parts numbers. You can order every piece for about $800 bucks.

MoistCabbage
01-31-14, 09:12 AM
Your dealer doesn't know how to order and install interior trim pieces? :hmm:

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-31-14, 10:31 AM
I just bought a 2013 Cadillac CTS luxury. I got a great deal, but it does not have the Sapele wood trim package. The salesman at the dealership doesn't seem to no where to purchase or get it from. Anybody know who he or I should contact? Copdawg50

Hello Copdawg50,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners and congratulations on your recent purchase of a 2013 CTS! I would like to look into this for you. Please send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, and dealership name and location. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-31-14, 10:39 AM
I just bought a used Cadillac Cts luxury. It was a great deal and I love the car, but it did not come with the Sapele wood trim package. The dealer doesn't seem to know who to contact, if i can get it put on, or anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello Copdawg50,

I commented on your other post you wrote about this. I would like to look into this for you. Please send me a private message with your full contact information, VIN and dealership name and location.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

GMX322V S/C
01-31-14, 05:41 PM
I just bought a used Cadillac Cts luxury. It was a great deal and I love the car, but it did not come with the Sapele wood trim package. The dealer doesn't seem to know who to contact, if i can get it put on, or anything. Any help would be appreciated.Contact Luke at Lindsay Cadillac, a forum sponsor. Midnight Sapele wasn't an available option when the CTS-V first came out, but Luke set me right up with the piece parts as soon as they became available as replacement parts. Beat my local dealer by about 30%. I would imagine he can get the regular (reddish) Sapele wood trim also...

thebigjimsho
02-01-14, 04:02 AM
Contact Luke at Lindsay Cadillac, a forum sponsor. Midnight Sapele wasn't an available option when the CTS-V first came out, but Luke set me right up with the piece parts as soon as they became available as replacement parts. Beat my local dealer by about 30%. I would imagine he can get the regular (reddish) Sapele wood trim also...

This.

CVP33
02-01-14, 04:14 AM
20821362 - Driver dash (right side) $51.18
20821363 - Driver dash (left side) $64.80
20821365 - Front console (driver side) $116.66
20821366 - Front console (passenger side) $110.83
20822846 - Rear Driver side door $117.45
20822848 - Rear Passenger side door $117.45
20821364 - Front passenger side dash $153.87
20822850 - Front Driver side door $148.05
20822852 - Front Passenger side door $121.82

All parts prices quoted from GMpartsdirect.com so Lindsay can easily blow them away. Right around $1,000 shown above.

thebigjimsho
02-01-14, 04:18 AM
Go to bed.

CVP33
02-01-14, 04:22 AM
Go to bed.

Already did. Early riser.

thebigjimsho
02-01-14, 04:41 AM
That's awful...

taken
02-02-14, 09:39 AM
I tried Luke when I was parts shopping and he couldn't touch gmpartsdirect.com. Gave me a song and dance about how they have too narrow profit margins. I don't care if they are operating at a loss. Whoever is the better price gets my business.

Ludacrisvp
02-02-14, 10:59 AM
Wait until you see the shipping costs that gmpartsdirect wants. Typically they charge excessively high shipping costs to make their margins. Also let me see you deal with them should they send you a wrong or defective part as almost all of their stuff is "special order" and not refundable.

If Luke's prices weren't good enough for you perhaps see if Chris at rippy Cadillac can beat them. I saved a ton with Chris on my STS export tails. He was within a few dollars of gmpd and this way I had the full Gm parts warranty which had to be used right away as one arrived with some faulty LEDs.

taken
02-02-14, 11:02 AM
They were cheaper on shipping too. Thanks for the tip on Chris. Will check with him next time I'm in the market!

OldRoadDawg
02-02-14, 11:22 AM
I tried Luke when I was parts shopping and he couldn't touch gmpartsdirect.com.
Would you have the price quote and shipping given by Luke available, for those of us interested in doing this project?

Wait until you see the shipping costs that gmpartsdirect wants. Typically they charge excessively high shipping costs to make their margins.
Nearly $200 in S&H is substantial. Curious to know what Luke or Rippy would charge for the big brown truck to deliver these parts to my door.

taken
02-02-14, 11:29 AM
Would you have the price quote and shipping given by Luke available, for those of us interested in doing this project?

I'm sorry if you misunderstood. I did not do this project. I ordered my car with wood trim. I was referring to another GM parts upgrade. I added the GM CTS spare tire and rim kit. I don't have the quote any longer from Luke, but shipping was about double and the kit was about $50 more. So, $75+ total difference. If it was apples to apples on price, I would of course support a dealer who supports this site but the difference was just to large.

GMX322V S/C
02-02-14, 12:50 PM
^^^ I've cross-shopped them before as well; the price for the parts themselves were very good, but their shipping charges were outrageous.

thebigjimsho
02-04-14, 09:46 AM
Their shipping is absolutely ridiculous. And the time? Thank goodness the grilles I ordered were so that I could powdercoat them and then install them and have 2 sets if I didn't like the look. It took almost 2 months to get them.

Luke does not song and dance. He's always been honest. His prices are always well under any other dealer's and his shipping is excellent, too. And you get it FAST.

I laugh at those who only buy from the vendor with the absolutely cheapest price. Because that very often means drop shipping, understaffed operations, cost cutting and shady business practices. Just like I will almost always buy from the Tire Rack. They are among the cheapest, but they have served me exceptionally well with excellent customer service, ultra fast shipping and a pleasant buying experience.

You have fun going with ultra cheap vendors with zero relationship with a vendor.

MoistCabbage
02-04-14, 08:36 PM
I don't get this argument. Supporting the vendors is all well and fine, but why would anyone in their right mind pay more for something if it were available cheaper from another source??

I've bought a bunch of stuff from Chris. He's a great guy, extremely helpful, and Rippy has great prices. But I will and have bought things from other sources when I can find a better price, as well as locally when shipping costs made the savings moot. On a couple of occasions, Chris himself has told me to shop around.

Just seems like a pretty petty debate to me...

AAIIIC
02-05-14, 10:56 PM
I've deleted all the pointless bickering. I don't know what CVP33 sees in taken's initial post that is so offensive - like it or not, there are other vendors that may be able to beat Luke's pricing. A prudent shopper will check his/her options and decide where to spend their money. I've bought things from both Luke and gmpd.com and haven't had any issues with either.

All parts prices quoted from GMpartsdirect.com so Lindsay can easily blow them away. Right around $1,000 shown above.
That hasn't been my experience with a single part that I've cross-checked prices on. However, when I lived about 10min from Lindsay Cadillac I bought all my stuff from Luke to avoid the shipping charges.

Now, back to that Sapele wood trim, right after I merge this thread into the other one that the OP had already posted in (and gotten a response in)...