: For those with 26's...

jeevz
03-27-09, 05:10 PM
Hey whats up guys

I've gotta 05 ESV (pearl white) with some 26s on it. I got them put on a year or so ago and am not very happy with them. They scrape a lot everytime i turn right or left and it is pretty bad.

I know a lot of people have 26's out there and I was looking into getting new ones.

How do I avoid scraping/rubbing? Do i have the wrong tires? Wrong offset? Or am I supposed to alter the inner lining/front bumper?

What rims/wheels would you recommend? Any Pictures?

Thank you.

KAC
03-27-09, 06:53 PM
What size are your tires? The most common 26" tire size for this application is 305/30R26. I've had Kumhos and Falkens in that size and have had no problems with rubbing. I did, however, trim my front inner fender plastic a little.

Also, if you are looking to buy a new set, check out the classifieds if you get a chance. I'm trying to get rid of a set of 26" Driv Sessnas.

Spittin Game
03-27-09, 10:06 PM
Offset or tires is probably the reason.

CaNiBusCK
03-28-09, 12:59 AM
You need to trim the insides of the fenders, mine only rub if i turn all the way

pcguy760
03-28-09, 04:27 PM
I am gonna say the offset too. What is your offset btw?

jordan00escalade
03-28-09, 05:16 PM
If you have the Platinum Series Escalade.. They sit lower than the rest of the family, could be your problem right there.. Or not.

sam hamm
03-30-09, 07:10 PM
i had to trim alot on mine. front and back. could be cause im lowered.

jeevz
04-01-09, 02:33 PM
Yeah i do have a platinum esv so would that really be the problem?
And I'm not sure what my offsets are off the top of my head, I'll go check them and let you guys know as soon as possible.

And thank you also

To those who have trimmed, how do you go about doing that? Talked to a few people and no one is really willing to do it nor do they know what to do

KAC
04-01-09, 02:52 PM
I don't think that the fact that it is a Platinum (which may sit lower) is your problem. I have a 2"/3" drop on mine with 26" and experience very little to no rubbing.

I had the dealership trim my front inner fender plastic while it was in for something else. I'm sure you could just use a utility knife if you wanted to do it yourself.

Did you find out what size your tires are?

cadillacboss
04-01-09, 09:58 PM
i dont have 26s yet, i have a esv though. can you post a picture of the esv with the rims? what size rims and tires do you have? the shop where im getiing mine are getting me 26x10 with 305x30x26