: Corsa Exhaust Now Available (Images & Video w/dyno!!)

Dr. Design
03-26-09, 09:03 PM
Corsa Performance has now released the axle back muffler system for the 2009 CTS-V exclusively available through D3 Cadillac for the initial release. We are now taking orders and will be shipping products next week. We did testing recently to document the performance gains and also did some comparison recordings to help people hear the difference. The result was an increase of 16WHP & 32FT Lbs TQ when adding the Corsa Exhaust.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/09CTSV_CorsaExhaustSystem_001copy.jpg

Baseline Dyno Sheet -
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/09CTSV_Baseline.jpg

Corsa Dyno Sheet -
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/09CTSV_Corsa.jpg

Comparison Video w/dyno
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbk5kgHUFkI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bbk5kgHUFkI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

MSRP is $1449 plus shipping. We are offering free shipping for the first 10 orders for shipments in the lower 48. Installation time is about 1 hour and fit and finish are what you would expect from Corsa. For more information please contact info@d3cadillac.com or call 562-988-2090. Also be sure to visit our website for additional upgrades for your 2009 Cadillac CTS-V. We will be releasing a few more videos of the test vehicle in action with additional recordings.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Luna.
03-26-09, 09:31 PM
An axle-back exhaust system adding 32 lb feet?!?!?!? REALLY?!?!?! Ummm...wow.

I thought the current sentiment was that the stock exhaust system (axle back) was pretty damn good, hence, American Racing Headers didn't see the need to change those out (this is my understanding which may not reflect reality...).

Well, regardless, I really like the Corsa sound, so put me down for one right now, performance gains or not... :D

Kudos on the video--I liked having the stock exhaust in the same video for comparison purposes...

CTSV_510
03-26-09, 10:45 PM
Nice video comparison, the system sounds great.

...but 16 rwhp & 31 tq gains from a couple mufflers? :cynic:

Tasos
03-27-09, 01:50 AM
I know this car isn't cheap but $1440 for a couple of mufflers? Come on? A set of headers and a complete 3" exhaust except for the mufflers is almost the same price.:banghead:

UAEmonster
03-27-09, 08:09 AM
Thats great man ! pretty cool system with great sound .

but How comes that only MUFFLERS adding 16 rwhp ?!?!?! is that possible !
and 1400 $ for the mufflers only !!!

SSideways
03-27-09, 08:23 AM
can we get pic's of the whole system before installation?

NormV
03-27-09, 09:12 AM
Probably torque converter spike. Vendors stretch the truth in claiming gains. Not uncommon from D3.when you have surges like this the Dynapak will multiply the results as it mounts directly to the hub where there is no 50 lbs wheel to absorb it.

Good eyes, guys!

Norm

GM-4-LIFE
03-27-09, 01:09 PM
That is A LOT of money considering there are only two mufflers! I was under the impression that Corsa was going to retail these at: $1250.00. Even at $1250.00 for two mufflers is a lot of dough.

I was surprised to see that D3 isn't offering forum member pricing.

I will wait until another vendor puts them on ebay or better yet I will see if my company can get them at wholesale through Corsa or through one of Corsa's big distributors.

I have also been in contact with Borla and they are working on the CTS-V system. I may also wait until I hear the Borla system before swapping mine out.

Either way, I got time and I will wait to get the best price because two mufflers can't cost that much.

SG

Street King
03-27-09, 03:08 PM
Someone should develop titanium catback for the V2. Weight saving is a worthy bonus

Nutz
03-27-09, 05:46 PM
+Sounds good.
+304

- Tax
- Shipping

Florian
03-27-09, 06:03 PM
who do you have tune the burble out on decel?

F

Dr. Design
03-27-09, 08:18 PM
Hello,
Sure you want to see the back side correct? We will get those up ASAP.

We were hoping that the free shipping for everyone would be a good discount for all the forum members. Keep in mind this is a brand new product, so we dont have too much leverage to play with pricing upon the introduction.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

can we get pic's of the whole system before installation?

Dr. Design
03-27-09, 08:20 PM
One could go to their local tuner and they can lean out the decel a bit... That would be up to the user.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

who do you have tune the burble out on decel?

F

SSideways
04-05-09, 10:53 AM
where's the pics?

synergy408
04-05-09, 01:48 PM
Sounds awesome! Impressive gains for just mufflers! :)

Dr. Design
04-07-09, 11:07 PM
Hello,
You will have images tomorrow when we post them. Sorry we have been up to our ears in customer cars...

Just to let you know that the price we have listed, $1449 MSRP, is in fact the correct price despite you might see misrepresented in other posts. Donít get too used to seeing the uber low prices being thrown around on the internet as we are an authorized Corsa distributor with the official backing of Corsa. If there are any questions we would be happy to address them.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

where's the pics?