: Order that Black CTS-V soon or . . .

OldRoadDawg
03-26-09, 02:28 PM
Another example of CARB (Calif Air Resources Board) being out of control and another reason why I no longer live in the 'Golden State' :banghead:

CARB to ban black cars (http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/25/california-to-reduce-carbon-emissions-by-banning-black-cars/)

CARB (http://www.arb.ca.gov/cc/cool-paints/final_cool_cars_workshop_presentation31209.pdf)

GMX322V S/C
03-26-09, 04:24 PM
Under their own Simplifications & Assumptions:

A windshield with a Rds of 30% will reduce soak temps by 4C
Solar management glazing for balance of vehicle will reduce soak temps by 3C
No benefit for glazing rear of B-pillar in LDT and MDV still refining
SR paint reduces interior soak temps by 1C on a fleet average basis

Elsewhere they further state: "44% Rds windshield eliminates paint requirements"

Seems to me the less controversial "low hanging fruit" is more effective glass materials/treatment--so leave the friggin paint alone! :annoyed:

qictrk
03-26-09, 06:57 PM
Thank goodness someone is looking out for us. I think the real problem is all the asphalt roads. We must either paint the roads white or dig them up and cover with concrete. There is nothing to small that can be done to save the planet from global warming. Hats off to the people looking out for my welfare. :batty: Cecil...........

OldDrummer55
03-26-09, 07:09 PM
Thank goodness someone is looking out for us. I think the real problem is all the asphalt roads. We must either paint the roads white or dig them up and cover with concrete. There is nothing to small that can be done to save the planet from global warming. Hats off to the people looking out for my welfare. :batty: Cecil...........

Here, here! The government must save everything from everything! Puuuuhhhhhhleeeeeezzzzzze... :gah: :vomit:

vperl
03-26-09, 09:47 PM
Here, here! The government must save everything from everything! Puuuuhhhhhhleeeeeezzzzzze... :gah: :vomit:

You sound a tad... anti ... Government I am <B> SHOCKED

:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stir pot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

RightTurn
03-26-09, 09:54 PM
In Texas, we just shoot first and ask questions later. :alchi: "Backoff my paintjob, homey." :gungrin:

CTSV_Rob
03-26-09, 10:12 PM
Black paint is too much of a pain in the ass to take care of anyways.

I likes muh gray :D

thebigjimsho
03-27-09, 01:16 AM
black cars are the bees knees.

V-Love
03-27-09, 09:17 PM
Black paint is too much of a pain in the ass to take care of anyways.

I likes muh gray :D

Gray is next but its not the color....Its the fact that some idiot group is deciding what color car you can or can't have and another idiot group is listening. Someone start a militia and take our country back from these freaks.