: Who's runnin' D3's new Springs??

jr black 214
03-25-09, 01:44 PM
I see the STS-V forums people are buying them and enjoying them, but i need to know if anyone has them on regular STS's. If so, can pics be supplied(preferably with aftermarket rims)? Not just pics of D3's silver shop car, please.:thehand:

AllGoNShow
03-26-09, 08:48 PM
I just installed my springs provided by D3. I have before pictures somewhere on my bosses computer and am in the process of uploading after pictures to my server. I only have stock wheels right now but atleast it will give you more of an idea than nothing.

The springs are great! After the first few days of settling, they softened up a bit and the ride is actually still very nice (atleast for me). Gives hte car a great stance and holds real well in the corners. I onyl have the V6 so the V8 guys probably will get better lowering results but i am very happy with them.

jr black 214
03-27-09, 03:31 PM
can't wait to see

AllGoNShow
03-27-09, 03:42 PM
Sorry never made it back on the computer last night

http://allgonshow.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/p1060630.jpg
http://allgonshow.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/p1060631.jpg

Will post before and after pictures on my blog when I get them.

SVRDTIES60
03-28-09, 01:05 AM
I have a 2005 STS 4 with the v8. I put the D3 springs in and are running 22's and they are awesome, but now I have a clunk sound when hitting a sharp bump. I think it just might be a worn strut on the right side?

jr black 214
03-28-09, 04:49 AM
I have a 2005 STS 4 with the v8. I put the D3 springs in and are running 22's and they are awesome, but now I have a clunk sound when hitting a sharp bump. I think it just might be a worn strut on the right side?

Pics????

jr black 214
04-02-09, 07:50 PM
I've had cars in the past that once the springs were swapped, the ride was basically "lost" unless the struts were replaces with performance ones.(and even those weren't comfortable) I'm curious how much worse the ride is with the new springs on the Caddy?

AllGoNShow
04-02-09, 07:58 PM
On my car, the ride is stiffer. If you bought lowering springs you were looking for a performance feel and less body roll and you had to have known that the ride was going to be stiffer to get the feel you would want. I put the springs on my OEM struts (2005 with 92000km) and they ride fine. The first couple days are real stiff but once they get worked in, the ride is still very comfy because it is such a long wheelbase and heavy car.

jr black 214
04-02-09, 09:15 PM
On my car, the ride is stiffer. If you bought lowering springs you were looking for a performance feel and less body roll and you had to have known that the ride was going to be stiffer to get the feel you would want. I put the springs on my OEM struts (2005 with 92000km) and they ride fine. The first couple days are real stiff but once they get worked in, the ride is still very comfy because it is such a long wheelbase and heavy car.

ok, that was exactly the answer i was looking for. Maybe if i can figure out how to add pics then i could show my ride a lil.

AllGoNShow
04-02-09, 09:25 PM
If you email me your pictures I can host them online for you and give you the links to them to post.

SVRDTIES60
04-03-09, 02:05 AM
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv232/svrdties85/2005%20Cadillac%20STS%204/sts1.jpg

My STS 4 Lowered on D3 springs and 22" Elite Rade's

AllGoNShow
04-06-09, 12:04 PM
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv232/svrdties85/2005%20Cadillac%20STS%204/sts1.jpg

My STS 4 Lowered on D3 springs and 22" Elite Rade's

Looks great! You from Canada? Looks like Lloydminster area.

jr black 214
04-06-09, 06:12 PM
Got a side view pic?

SVRDTIES60
04-08-09, 01:02 AM
I'm in Edmonton. I dont have any side view pics but once it gets nicer out I will take some and post them.

SVRDTIES60
04-08-09, 01:18 AM
Has anyone had a problem with a clunk sound from the front end, when hitting a sharp bump. It doesnt do it on big bumps or dips. Its almost like the strut is bottoming out?

ahuyghe
05-27-09, 09:32 PM
I've been contemplating buying the D3 springs. Are they fairly easy to swap out? Any specific equipment or knowledge needed?

Al

2007 STS4

bbshriver
05-28-09, 11:04 PM
Are there any lowering springs that won't ride stiffer? I kind of want to lower mine strictly for cosmetic reasons, seems like too much empty space between the tire and wheelwell. I'm putting 245/50 tires on in place of my 235/50 so that should help some. I just like the way it rides now and don't want to go any stiffer. I know I'll give up some wheel travel if I did that.
Also, are there any larger/stiffer anti-sway bars? Typically I find that is a good way to improve feel without negatively impacting ride quality.

TripleOught
06-15-09, 09:07 AM
Bump.

As a previous post mentioned, how difficult was the spring install on the STS? For those who have them, was it a garage job or shop install?

Do the STS shocks hinder the install in any way? Back in my CTS days we had to use non-load leveling shocks or the lowering springs would be nullified. Any info on that?

AllGoNShow
06-15-09, 05:05 PM
I did them on my V6 in the shop, because I'm lazy and didn't want to do it on the ground. You could most definatly do a driveway install if you are up for it. Front's are simple, same as any other car, disassemble suspension, pull out assembly, remove spring, reinstall everything, back into car, bolt up. Rear's are WAYYYYYY to easy, take your wheel off, compress spring, spring comes out, new one falls in place with no compression needed.

I did notice the harsher ride, obveously since lowering springs went on, and it doesn't ride tooo much like a cadillac anymore but it is definatly still very very driveable. BUddy of mine has an E55 AMG w/ numerous shock settings etc.., riding on 19's not lowered and he commented on my car after borrwing it for a day about how comfy the ride was. I will be replacing the shocks soon but it isn't a requirement.

STS28
06-15-09, 06:53 PM
i cant seem to find the D3 Springs on the website, are they sold out? how much were they. Thanks

Dr. Design
06-17-09, 01:39 PM
Hello,
The lowering springs are on the website, well at least the description. There is no image up yet. Please let us know if there are any questions.
MSRP = $375

http://d3cadillac.com/vehicles-STS-and-STSV.php#suspensionbrakes

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

i cant seem to find the D3 Springs on the website, are they sold out? how much were they. Thanks

STS28
06-17-09, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the help, these are next on my to do list!