: I miss my 'Lade :( @ the shop....

fierodough
03-25-09, 01:03 PM
She has been at the shop for a week now.. :( I have a 2007 DTS as a loaner. (Not bad, but no Escalade)

Apparently my front diff Carrier bearings where toast... (I was complaining of a humming noise from the front)

I complained about my leather seat cracking and pitting. And the setbacks were sagging away from the side airbags.

Some trim was pulling away around the sunroof.

Light burnt out on the from climate control. (The fan speed button).

Oh.. and getting my tires rotated (also under warranty)

Truck has about 57K (Km) and it's a 2006.

Hope she comes home soon!

luxurylife33
03-25-09, 02:52 PM
Damn.... should take a couple days to do all that^ at least its free right?

fierodough
03-26-09, 08:13 AM
Damn.... should take a couple days to do all that^ at least its free right?

Yep, all under warranty. :)

The service adviser says I will most likely get her back today! :thumbsup:

I was worried that they may not cover the seats. But the adviser told me they were on order! Woohoo! It will be like a new truck again!

Now what leather treatment should I use to prevent the cracking all over again?

cheers!

ratbike1
03-26-09, 09:49 AM
Let us know how those seats match!

fierodough
03-26-09, 10:19 AM
Sure thing!

They better be IDENTICAL or it's going back!

blkesv2004
03-26-09, 02:10 PM
I know the feeling! My esv has to go into the shop to get the transmission repaired and while there, I am going to have a few other issues looked at so it will be in for a few days. OOOOh am I going to miss it!!!!
Happy 'Ladin"
J.

oldworld
03-26-09, 04:25 PM
I know the feeling. Had my truck into to have key marks taken care of, and I "visited" her every day...sort of like a hospitalized family member....lol

pcguy760
03-27-09, 02:29 AM
LOL, my gf and I were not talking recently because she was mad that I have been spending so much time with me ladey... I mean come on, you know the feelin you get when you got your first "ladey" hehe.

KrazyKeith
03-27-09, 08:06 AM
Its like a bond with these things, I tell ya, I love my "ladey" like a gf, she dont talk back and just keeps on loving me with no mouth...

I had my carrier bearings and some seals for the front diff done. I called around and found a highly prasied shop called 4xHeaven. They specialize in 4x4's, Vince did my front diff in one day and the cost was $567.40, My lade is QUIET 100% and I have nothing but good things to say about him. If I ever have any other differential or transfer case issues, Its going back to his shop.

Warranty work is awesome but why so much wrong with an 06? What is your mileage?

pcguy760
03-28-09, 03:25 PM
Keith, I was wondering the same thing - heck I thought my 02 had issues but I am guessing maybe it was neglected previously? Sadly, some people DO neglect these things...

fierodough
03-28-09, 04:26 PM
Seats match perfectly and they fixed all the issues. Other then the front diff, the truck was in awesome shape. I'm just really picky. :)