: HG Jobs for all, anywhere in Canada or USA in my new shop

97EldoCoupe
03-25-09, 11:40 AM
OK Guys, the deal is signed on my new shop. It is a country property with a 55x80 foot shop, with room to build more. I'm going to have it insulated and heated and install a lift or two. It's a done deal and I'm moving in soon.

Now for the good part- a customer out of Montreal Quebec Canada had shipped me a 95 Olds Aurora, about 10 hours away using a local trucking company located 30 mintes from me. Total cost for shipping was $350.

I spoke to the driver- the company ships cars on a professional car carrier all across Canada and the USA. They told me they will work with me- so I will set up a contract deal with them and the shipping will be added to the cost of the HG job. The cost will vary I'm sure but I will do what I can to keep the shipping costs low.

So effective very soon, whether you live in San Francisco, or Tampa, or Chicago, or NY City, I'll be able to offer you the $1500 HG repair job + shipping cost.

Sorry for the new thread on a subject so small I'm just so happy that everything's coming together! :D

creeker
03-25-09, 11:50 AM
Good news,glad to hear your back in business,congrats on your new shop
and all the best in the future,I'm sure you will do fine.

kckranz
03-25-09, 12:23 PM
:hide: So will the shipping charge be one-way with the customer flying in to pick up the repaired vehicle to drive home?

Ranger
03-25-09, 02:39 PM
Jake, I think you are going to have to start hiring help. Congratulations.

97EldoCoupe
03-25-09, 03:40 PM
Thank you Ranger, I can now focus on work again and forget about real estate deals- this is GOOD.

This is one way shipping- I would like to have the owners fly in to pick them up, I can meet them at the airport with their cars, but two way shipping can be arranged as well. Personally I'm thinking, who wouldn't want to go for a long drive in their Cadillacs after they're fixed? But not everyone has time.

I know the cost of shipping will make many turn away, but if shipping both ways can be done for a grand or less, the whole deal can be done for $2500 with the studs, and warranty. And this is CDN$, which works out to $2,027 US right now.

Now it's time to get caught up to the HG jobs and finish those mounts. Back to work! :D

wallace902
03-25-09, 04:43 PM
Jake, Congratulations!!!:2thumbs:

thewireman*
03-25-09, 05:54 PM
Good Luck with your new shop! I can't wait to pick up my newly time inserted caddy this friday! See ya then!

Mike

chubbyranger
03-25-09, 06:15 PM
That is great news. I'll have to go shopping for another STS with blown HGs just so I can send it up :thumbsup: Then I can do a studs vs. 'serts head-to-head.

[NortHStaR]
03-25-09, 06:28 PM
The best of luck to you Jake, glad to see that the puzzle is coming together for you :yup:

97EldoCoupe
03-25-09, 07:05 PM
Hey Wireman you know I use studs instead of time-inserts right? Lol - anyways see you tomorrow sometime!

-Jake

eyekandyboats.inc
03-25-09, 09:57 PM
thats awesome jake! and great news!
I hope everything works our great for you !
BTW i am coming down your way on the 3rd of april to go to a show in toledo.
I might come by to see your shop if thats okay ?

95caddykid
03-25-09, 11:10 PM
congrats man good to hear glad someone out there is willing to work on these things! good luck to ya man!

thewireman*
03-26-09, 09:42 PM
Hey Wireman you know I use studs instead of time-inserts right? Lol - anyways see you tomorrow sometime!

-Jake

Err Right, thats what I meant. :D

32vmonte
03-27-09, 12:12 AM
Ill prolly be in contact with you tomorrow about this headstud kit......problem is how much will it cost to call from the US? Dont want to pay 20 bucks for a short phone call.

This headgasket issue looks much better now that I found this stud kit.

pimpdaddycaddy91
03-27-09, 12:24 AM
Now thats a deal I would have done.....but on the other hand Im happy that I did the work on my own with your studs and guidance and support. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I tear down an engine and put it back together and it actually works. I still cant get over I had that engine out and was drilling in it and aluminum shavings EVERYWHERE and now it ACTUALLY works. Awesome, thanks so much Jake for all your work and help. She is running great at almost 1000 miles, my daily driver again. So happy!

32vmonte
03-27-09, 01:30 AM
Now thats a deal I would have done.....but on the other hand Im happy that I did the work on my own with your studs and guidance and support. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I tear down an engine and put it back together and it actually works. I still cant get over I had that engine out and was drilling in it and aluminum shavings EVERYWHERE and now it ACTUALLY works. Awesome, thanks so much Jake for all your work and help. She is running great at almost 1000 miles, my daily driver again. So happy!

How hard is this kit to use?

I have done my whole suspension on my car, altenaters, brakes, pulled the motor and trans out. I can put the motor together and take it apart with the correct tools and torque specs.

With that being said how does this kit work so that I know I will be doing a precise job?

Submariner409
03-27-09, 09:01 AM
32V, Go back through this forum and find Jake's threads on head gaskets and studs. Some of the posts have pictures of the studs themselves and the taps, alignment and drill blocks which come with the (complete) installation kits. Look at his ad at the top of several forum pages in the cycling banner area, top right. Head studs.

Engine must be out of the car, but the studs are infinitely stronger than inserts and are actually no more difficult to install.

32vmonte
03-27-09, 10:11 AM
Hopefully these studs work better than the timeserts. That stuff I read about new time serts basicly pulling out when you torque them just isn't for me.

Strength is what I need and head studs are usually in high horsepower motors.

pimpdaddycaddy91
03-27-09, 12:21 PM
I was the first one to use Jakes stud kit but the process is not going to be any different than timeserts and it is not too difficult if your mechanical. I had never worked on a Cadillic before, only Chevy's, and this was the biggest job I have ever done.

If your mechanical enough to take the engine out and back in then you will have no problem with Jakes kit. He includes everything you need to install the studs...drill block with mounting hardware, drill bit, tapping block and tap, studs, and thread locker...not to mention customer support. Some of it is time consuming but take your time to do it right and make sure to mask off EVERYTHING, even if you use a shop vac shavings will go everywhere.

Jake is continually making improvements to his kit as well and I wouldnt use anything else.

32vmonte
03-27-09, 12:58 PM
Sounds great, lol at "if your mechanical enough to take the motor out", I guess than I can take on this project. My machine shop wanted right a 600 out the door for timeserting the block for me.

Jake's kit seems to be cheaper and I get to do the work myself and save money. Not to mention how its prolly gonna hold up better I would hope and assume seeing how they are studs.

Just hopefully my block isn't junk and the aluminum doesn't come out like sand when I drill.

jpix
03-27-09, 02:27 PM
Jake, good job. I'll be in touch with you in a few weeks.

97EldoCoupe
03-29-09, 06:07 AM
Thanks to all for your encouragement and well wishes! I started moving my car collection into the shop already, customers cars will follow in the next day or two. I take posession of the new place no later than May 15th but have rented the shop until then. I'll post a pic or two hopefully soon of my full collection (mine and dad's) in the shop.

Hogg
03-29-09, 11:01 AM
Congrats on the new digs Jake. You stud kit and HG job is still going strong in my 98 STS after 2+ months and lots of WOT lol.

My alternartor codes are fixed now, I used a screwdriver to push the connector onto the alternator until it clicked. The plug was in the alternator, but just wasnt clicked in all the way. No more no charge light.

peace
Hog

97EldoCoupe
03-29-09, 07:12 PM
I didn't know you had any charge messages coming up- sorry about that Hogg, I was sure it was in all the way. Glad to hear your right foot is enjoying the new HGs!!!:D

Hogg
03-30-09, 01:41 PM
I didn't know you had any charge messages coming up- sorry about that Hogg, I was sure it was in all the way. Glad to hear your right foot is enjoying the new HGs!!!:D

They started just after our last phone conversation. They started as terminal B, then shortly after both Termial A + B.

No biggie it was an easy fix, not your responsibility.

peace
Hog

xGruvdogx
04-01-09, 09:00 AM
I was wondering how far along you are on negotiating that contract?

Also what kind of turn around are you expecting?

I live in central Texas and the prices here are pretty high so if the price is right I would like to ship my caddy to you.

jimsbox
04-01-09, 06:47 PM
I am interested in the front engine mounts (2000 DHS). When do you anticipate having the mnounts to market? Also, are you planning to extend the $30.00 discount beyond March 31st?

Thanks and congrats on your new digs.
Jim

iowasevillests
04-01-09, 11:41 PM
Congrats on the new shop, I'm currently looking to buy a place so I have more room for my own toys and I can't wait till I find one!

97Purlwhyte
04-02-09, 04:07 PM
I am interested in the front engine mounts (2000 DHS). When do you anticipate having the mnounts to market? Also, are you planning to extend the $30.00 discount beyond March 31st?

Thanks and congrats on your new digs.
Jim

Im also looking for mounts (97 deville) I sent you a message a few weeks back and never heard back.
Congrats on the shop, looks like you'll have plenty customers.

let me know about those mounts!

hendrob
04-03-09, 12:38 AM
Sweet someone close to me who can do this !! Im in Leamington... Now to pray I dont ever need your service !!!!!!! =)

97EldoCoupe
04-03-09, 03:59 PM
Leamington eh? I used to have a girlfriend that lived there- my Caddy has made many trips to Leamington on weekends....

97EldoCoupe
04-03-09, 04:07 PM
I recieved a quote from the shipper- one way from Cleveland OH to my place for a running Caddy is $600 CDN + brokerage fees of approx $150. I'll see what I can do to get some rates posted on my site.

Now for Canadians, from Winnipeg MB to my place is $1100 CDN, no brokerage fees. So for anyone in Winnipeg the cost to you for a HG job would be about $2600 with a 2 year / 50,000km warranty, but you'll have to fly to London and drive it back home.

I'm still working on a network of installers for the stud kits/ HG jobs. North Texas Performance is in on this, he'll be using the stud kit but he hasn't set a price yet.