: Turn Signal vs Hammer

Infrared in Idaho
03-25-09, 01:53 AM
I have an 04 SRX. So far everything that could go wrong with an 04 I have found or encountered and had fixed. All except the stupid front turn signal. I'm getting sick and tried of driving down the road, getting out and pounding the crap out the front bumper. Or turn the fender well cover, grill and front facia off just to fix the damn turn signal. My question to everyone out there is, has anyone thought of or actually done it, is change the standard turn signal bulb setup to an LED setup. Your ideas and inputs are appreciated.

Northern SRX
03-25-09, 06:46 AM
I think it's been done by somebody over in the new CTS topics (IIRC). I hope I'm not sending you on a wild goose chase but it might be worth searching there.

louisn
03-25-09, 12:13 PM
Have you ever changed the socket for the bulb? I think someone posted that was part of the fix!

Infrared in Idaho
03-25-09, 02:19 PM
Changed sockets once and bulbs 4 times in the last 8 months. Or when I drive every 2K and add that one quart of oil I also change the turn signal bulbs.

Infrared in Idaho
03-25-09, 02:20 PM
Thanks Northern, I'll take a look.

thunderbyrd01
03-25-09, 07:15 PM
I just changed the fog light bulbs for high performance ones, they are located just below the turn signal but in the same housing. All I had to do was remove the tire and fender well to access the housing, then its just like any other bulb replacement (or socket replacement). Good luck.

n7don_srx
03-26-09, 10:43 AM
I've had problems with the headlamp sockets in the Envoy and DRL sockets in a Pont. Montana. Putting some diaelectric grease on the contacts cured the problem. It looked like they were overheating.