: Had enough of Asanti/Lexani brand

GIO
03-25-09, 12:43 AM
I have 24" Asanti wheels on the caddy with in a year & half the chrome has started to peel bad in and out side of the lip. Also started on the face of the rim around the logo cap. By the way I clean the wheels once a week to keep the brake dust off. Talking with a few people that has had Asanti wheels have told me they had problems also with the chrome. One shop owner told me he seen the chrome peel as soon as six months.

So I'm having all my rims leaking air from the lips of the rim from corrosion of the chrome. I need new tires so I want to fix the chrome problem so can buy four new lips or new rims. So I buy new rims and tires and upgrade to 26" Asanti rims again. Staying with the brand because I like there wheels.

It takes eight weeks to receive the wheels both times by the way because it needs to be built. Which is fine but now one of the new 26" rims has the chrome bubbled on the face of the rim strait out of the box. It's small but this will start to flake soon. I have other things being done to the truck so to return the rim I would have to wait eight more weeks and I'm not willing to do that. That means that I would need to buy four new tires for my 24 to hold me off because I need new tires. Can't use my spare because I have Brembo brakes on the truck and won't fit.

Now here is the icing on the cake. So how I'm adding new wheels I looking to change my grill also. So to mach the wheels I order a Asanti/Lexani grill that cost me $1500. So I had to wait two weeks because it needs to be made. The shop that is doing all the work tells me today that the grill is made by Trex. I pass by the shop and the grill the top inside part of the grill says Trex on it. Yet it also has the lexani logos also. So now I'm on fire. I paid $900.00 more for Asanti to add there logo and shipping box.

I originally was going to get a Trex that is $600. but said the heck with it. Spend the cash and go with Asanti to mach the wheels. I will never again buy anything from Asanti. I'm done with this company.

luxurylife33
03-25-09, 01:25 AM
Damn, after the first mishap with a company i usually stop.... but 3 times it took you to realize? I hear nothing but good things about Asanti though, maybe its a fluke?

KrazyKeith
03-25-09, 10:15 AM
I never saw what all the fuss with this company was in the first place... That's just my opinion though...

Sucks to hear you dropped all the loot and got shit on...

ratbike1
03-25-09, 10:43 AM
Damn, after the first mishap with a company i usually stop.... but 3 times it took you to realize? I hear nothing but good things about Asanti though, maybe its a fluke?

100%

Burn me once; shame on you...
Burn me twice.... :helpless:

oldworld
03-25-09, 10:52 AM
I don't think there would have been a second time for me. How old were the first set of rims???

J-Ridez
03-25-09, 11:24 AM
That's very dissappointing to hear, I always thought of those rims as being some of the best and always wanted to get a set if I had the money. This is the first time I have heard of someone not being satisfied with Lexani/Asanti.

I'm on my 3rd set of semi-cheapies (Velocity) and have never had a problem with the chrome losing it shine, flaking, losing air - no nothing....I've even gone through some hard pot-holes without a bend or crack. I guess expensive doesn't always mean better and sometimes cheap can still buy a qaulity product.

ratbike1
03-25-09, 12:24 PM
I'm on my 3rd set of semi-cheapies (Velocity) and have never had a problem with the chrome losing it shine, flaking, losing air - no nothing....I've even gone through some hard pot-holes without a bend or crack. I guess expensive doesn't always mean better and sometimes cheap can still buy a qaulity product.

California vs. Florida; whole other animal for rust and corrosion.

CaNiBusCK
03-25-09, 10:02 PM
You want a wheel that you won't have any probs with go D'Vinci - very high quality wheels

GIO
03-30-09, 11:42 AM
100%

Burn me once; shame on you...
Burn me twice.... :helpless:

Let me clear up that this is the second time I'm having a problem with Asantis products. The second set of wheels and grill I bought at the same time.

Well I have cleared up some of my problems with this mess. First off let me say that this story has more things then posted but I had nothing to do with Asanti but with the shop that sold me both set of wheels. Just to keep it short I have made friends with the distributor of Asanti in FL. because of not receiving wheels with in the time line told to me. But like I said this has nothing to do with Asanti but helped me make friends with the distributor.

So I call the distributor to let him know that I'm not happy with everything that is happened with there products. Here is what he told me. As for the grill he under stands that I paid that much for a Trex grill but like he told me. It's like buying a escalade. Your buying a tahoe but paying for the cadillac name. Trex make the grills for Asanti & lexani. So Im out $900. because I'm paying for the name. So anybody looking to get a Asanti grill just get a Trex.

As for my new wheels. He told me that he will take care of it and injoy the wheels for a few weeks and then bring back the one that needs repair. I can live with that so I guess the only thing I'm not happy about is the grill and that the first set of wheels only lasted a year. I don't think that I will buy anything from the Asanti brand again unless the new wheels last me trouble free for as long I have my truck.

jrs05caddyext
03-30-09, 04:51 PM
I have had 3 sets of Asanti's now and never had a problem.

deucez323
04-05-09, 06:14 AM
i love my two tone asanti! 26"s str8 form the factory .. i get people giving me thumbs up all da time

Aron9000
04-05-09, 06:54 AM
What are you using to clean the rims with? Don't use any harsh chemicals, that generic wheel cleaner you buy at the autozone can seriously damage chrome plated rims, painted rims, clear coated rims, hell any type of wheel surface/finish, that stuff is junk. Just use soap and water, never anything harsh.

pcguy760
04-06-09, 02:34 PM
I second Aron9000 - the type of stuff you use to clean the rims is VERY important. Hey speaking of that generic Autozone stuff - once I was at Autozone and some guy came in their and made a HUGE rant about how their cleaner "scarred" his chrome rims and he wanted them to pay for it. I seriously thought he was gonna jump over the counter and take the register lol.

Anyway that sucks though - I mean those are some expensive rims too so I feel ya on that.