: 05 Platnium DVD player question

ctsvesq
03-24-09, 11:42 PM
We have a 2005 Platnium ESV. The prior owner put in an large screen aftermarket tv. It's falling apart and the rear tv isn't hooked up to it. Question: I want to replace the aftermarket unit with a stock gm unit. Will a standard dvd player from a non-platnium work in my truck with the rear tv? Is there anything special about the platnium dvd player vs a non-platnium truck? Thanks for any help!

jordan00escalade
03-25-09, 01:37 AM
From what I understand.. The same factory DVD system they install in the Platinum series, is the same DVD they install in the non-Platinum Escalades. From my understanding though

hotrod04
03-28-09, 01:51 PM
I have the two factory DVD players out of a 2006 Escalade ESV if your interested? email me for pics. hotrod@citlink.net

ctsvesq
04-15-09, 05:38 PM
From what I understand.. The same factory DVD system they install in the Platinum series, is the same DVD they install in the non-Platinum Escalades. From my understanding though

Found out the hard way :banghead:that a standard tv/dvd player will NOT work in a platinum truck. On the rear of the DVD where the body harness attaches to the dvd player the Platinum model have 2 rows of 8 pins. The standard escalade models have 2 rows of 6 pins. Anyone have a source of locating just a dvd player with 8 pins?

ctsvesq
05-13-09, 11:13 PM
:thepan:Anyone????

kycop
05-14-09, 12:04 PM
video and sound should still work, I believe the extra two pins deal with the bose speaker system in the platinum.

Izzy
05-14-09, 07:39 PM
I'm not sure but I would guess that the 2 extra pins have something to do with the second tv screen in the back.

ctsvesq
05-27-09, 09:55 PM
I'm not sure but I would guess that the 2 extra pins have something to do with the second tv screen in the back.

Thats right the extra pins power the rear tv and supply picture. Anyone out there with a platiunum dvd player? How about a part #? Anyone>>>?? help!!!!

ctsvesq
06-29-09, 06:40 PM
Thats right the extra pins power the rear tv and supply picture. Anyone out there with a platiunum dvd player? How about a part #? Anyone>>>?? help!!!!

Any word out there? Still looking for the main DVD player for a 05 Platinum? Anyone know of a truck in a salvage yard? HELP!!!!:bouncy:

ctsvesq
10-05-09, 04:11 PM
Bumping this thread - still looking for a factory dvd player for a 2005 platinum. Anyone know of a platinum in a wrecking yard???? Or replaced your unit with an aftermarket unit and want to reasonable sell me yours?