: Any way to activate side mirror tilt on reverse?

neuronbob
03-24-09, 10:19 PM
The tilting side mirror on reverse is an invaluable parking tool. The owner's manual says it should be present with the "memory package", which if I assume they mean seat memory, then we have that package.

The instruction manual says to scroll through the personalization menu until you get to that control, but I don't seem to have it. Am I missing a super secret menu option or do we genuinely not have this function? I can live without it, but it sure was great having it on my RL.

Thanks!

darjae
03-24-09, 11:10 PM
That option was removed for 2009. It's still in the manual, but not the car.

As far as I know, no one has figured a way to turn it back on (if it's hidden). I remember from posts a few months ago, that they (Cadillac) claimed that some people were confused by it so they removed it.

neuronbob
03-24-09, 11:24 PM
Wow, who would be confused by having a side mirror tilt down so you can see the parking space divider? Duh.....

Thanks for the information, I'll just have to adjust my backup style. My last three cars over the last ten years have had this feature, though. I hope someone finds a way to reprogram it in, I'll be eternally grateful.

thebigjimsho
03-24-09, 11:32 PM
Wow, who would be confused by having a side mirror tilt down so you can see the parking space divider? Duh.....

Thanks for the information, I'll just have to adjust my backup style. My last three cars over the last ten years have had this feature, though. I hope someone finds a way to reprogram it in, I'll be eternally grateful.
I know. It's great on my '04 so that I can back up into an end space nice and snug against the curb without hitting it. Thus, a nice big space between me and the car in the next space...

brianwetzel
03-25-09, 06:21 PM
I also think this a great feature. It is actually true "(Cadillac) claimed that some people were confused by it so they removed it. "? Why not just make it off by default and then people who are not "confused" by the feature and know how to enable it still can. I hope there is a way to enable it and someone posts it.
Brian.

tedcmiller
03-25-09, 07:37 PM
For "only drivers" of the car, rotate the mirror down for a view of the curb and then set that mirror position for Driver 2. Actually this was suggested in another post. Also, the absence of this option in the 2009 CTS-V, contrary to info in the user manual, has been covered extensively in a previous post.

ericpd
03-25-09, 08:23 PM
That option was removed for 2009. It's still in the manual, but not the car.

As far as I know, no one has figured a way to turn it back on (if it's hidden). I remember from posts a few months ago, that they (Cadillac) claimed that some people were confused by it so they removed it.

Confused?!?!?!? Anyone confused by a safety feature as benign as that is wasting our air and should not be allowed to drive. I must admit, I missed that feature,... which came standard in my 2003 C32 AMG. Prevented a lot of curb rash!

neuronbob
03-25-09, 08:56 PM
For "only drivers" of the car, rotate the mirror down for a view of the curb and then set that mirror position for Driver 2. Actually this was suggested in another post. Also, the absence of this option in the 2009 CTS-V, contrary to info in the user manual, has been covered extensively in a previous post.

Thanks for pointing out that it's been covered previously. Guess I was too excited about the new purchase to do a proper search. For those who are curious, the old thread is HERE-click (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/156198-park-tilt-mirror-option-does-your.html) At least you didn't yell. :thumbsup: The only issue with the Driver 2 thing is that the car has to be in Park to change from driver 1 to driver 2.

I still can't believe Cadillac got complaints about that functionality. It was on my last three Acuras I owned over the last ten years and I don't know anyone who complained about it.

As I said, I'll live and move on.

concorso
03-25-09, 09:29 PM
Confused by tilt-reverse? Id hate to see these people operate shoelaces!

I love this feature as well, it was available on all the previous gen CTS'. Its not like it would need special motors...it just uses the same tilting motors the power mirror allready has.

concorso
03-25-09, 09:30 PM
I know. It's great on my '04 so that I can back up into an end space nice and snug against the curb without hitting it. Thus, a nice big space between me and the car in the next space...To be fair, tho, you can still do this. Its not like the mirrors can't be tilted manually...its just a pita.

thebigjimsho
03-26-09, 06:09 AM
To be fair, tho, you can still do this. Its not like the mirrors can't be tilted manually...its just a pita.
my problem is that I border on obsessive-compulsive. if my mirrors and seats aren't set just so, I adjust like crazy until they are...

thank goodness for driver presets on my '04...

ewill3rd
08-06-09, 08:31 AM
On STS if the mirror control switch is set to the passenger control position this feature works.
I am not sure if this carried over to the CTS or not.
I don't have one to check right now.

I find it remarkable that they would delete this feature.

commander112
08-06-09, 08:57 AM
Remarkable but true!

Titaniumseeker
08-06-09, 09:46 AM
Those confused by tilt-reverse are the main ones who need PDC to parallel park and still manage to bump your vehicle. Geez!

GM-4-LIFE
08-06-09, 12:35 PM
I can't believe Cadillac on this one! I mean, WTF???!!!!!!!!

SG