: When will Wait for Me have pulleys?

homesite
03-24-09, 09:30 PM
When will Wait for Me have pulleys available?

CadV
03-24-09, 09:42 PM
Why dupe threads?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/163396-wait-me-when-we-going-have.html

When they are ready he will post about it.

Ketzer
03-25-09, 08:10 AM
Anxiety is a murf.

GM-4-LIFE
03-25-09, 12:08 PM
Crank or blower pulley?

I hope it's just the blower pulley.

SG

CadV
03-25-09, 12:19 PM
Crank or blower pulley?

SG

I spoke to Jess last week and the company he hired for the crank pullies is having some probs with fabrication. Hold up is not with him but the company he is using.

odla
03-25-09, 02:01 PM
send him on over to me and i can bang out those pulleys.

wait4me
03-25-09, 02:34 PM
hi guys i will post when both are available.

I have been waiting for the anodizer and the finishing of the pulleys.

When not coated the first run gets rusty looking in a day.. I dont want that. So i sent them off to get treated first. That is the hold up. A caddy just dont look right with a rusty pulley. :(

I have light weight aluminum ones, and steel ones. Customer will have a choice. With the aluminum i had to have coated so they wont deteriorate from the belt.

As for when, 3 weeks ago is when they said. lol so it could be ANY DAY. I just didnt want to do preorders on anything.

Also a side note, Im having pulleys with hubs made, so you can swap pully sizes to anything you want when you press on the hub.

Also i have solid Supercharger couplers for the replacement of the stock cheap plastic one that eats into the shaft. The coupler goes in between the supercharger snout and the charger rotors. Higher boost will need a solid one for trouble free and quiet operation.

Luna.
03-25-09, 07:23 PM
Crank or blower pulley?

SG

Doh...as asked in the other thread, why not like the crankpulley? That seems like a much better answer. I must be missing something...

Price??

I can't see how I'm going to resist the temptation of not getting a crank/blower pulley...

"Got to have 600 at the tires..." :lildevil::D

W4ME---what do you recommend? Blower pulley? Crank pulley? Why?

Thanks

qictrk
03-25-09, 08:29 PM
I believe Jesse said in the past, that the crank is the way to go. You can swap sizes and its a lot easier to make the change. The supercharger pulley is a much more difficult swap, but i guess Jesse is going to make it available for the people that want to go that route. I wonder how effective the pulley will be with the stock exhaust. Cecil.............

CadV
03-25-09, 11:46 PM
I believe Jesse said in the past, that the crank is the way to go. You can swap sizes and its a lot easier to make the change. The supercharger pulley is a much more difficult swap, but i guess Jesse is going to make it available for the people that want to go that route. I wonder how effective the pulley will be with the stock exhaust. Cecil.............

Blower pulley swap gave him 565rwhp with tune and air intake. The crank pulley gave him 585rwhp but he told me it should give more than that. I am shooting for 600rwhp without exhaust.

homesite
03-26-09, 03:18 AM
no brainer, crank pulley is the way to go

Ketzer
03-26-09, 10:35 AM
Dumb question,
The smaller crank pulley spins everything faster, not just the blower. Do we forsee any problems speeding up the other accessories? Obviously, at low speeds it wouldn't be a big deal, but you're not making these sort of changes to run low RPMs.

Jeff-

CadV
03-26-09, 10:51 AM
Dumb question,
The smaller crank pulley spins everything faster, not just the blower. Do we forsee any problems speeding up the other accessories? Obviously, at low speeds it wouldn't be a big deal, but you're not making these sort of changes to run low RPMs.

Jeff-

Crank pulley would be bigger. This came up in a previous thread cause I thought it was smaller too.

Ketzer
03-26-09, 11:50 AM
Crank pulley would be bigger. This came up in a previous thread cause I thought it was smaller too.

I missed the earlier thread. :o
I also failed at getting the gearing right on my bicycle when I was a kid. :hide:
But it still is gonna speed everything up just a minor bit, right?

Luna.
03-26-09, 02:02 PM
The crank pulley most definitely would be LARGER, not smaller, in order to get any other pulley, blower pulley included, to spin faster. Just think about it...for every 1 revolution of the crank, you are going to move more of the belt across the crank pulley than with a smaller pulley.

On the V1s with maggie, some would change from the stock 7.25" diameter crank pulley to a modified 8" crank pulley. The 8" crank pulley generally got a little more boost than with the smaller, 2.6" blower pulley.

It seems here, however, that W4ME got a little more out of the blower pulley mod, but going to a smaller pulley causes me a little concern about belt-slip, as I was a victim of that on my V1, to say nothing about the ease of changing the crank pulley as compared to the blower pulley.

As far as spinning other accessories faster, that's true, but the setup on the V2s is different than on the V1s. On the V1s, you had 1 belt driving almost everything (save for the AC compressor belt). On the V2s, I think there are 3 belts, the center of the crank pulley being the part that drives the blower. I can't recall what accessories are also on that "path," but I'm pretty sure that it's a little different than on the V1s

wait4me
03-26-09, 02:28 PM
The blower pulley is the only one modified on the crank pulley. all the others are exactly stock. So only the blower spins faster.

As for the slipping. The hotter the belt the less slip it makes if any. The TVS seems to handle traction alot better than the mp112 and mp122 blowers as we are running on the first gen V.

The gain was from more boost from the crank pulley. That and i figured out a few more secrets to allow more boost at that time. :D

CadV
03-26-09, 03:51 PM
The blower pulley is the only one modified on the crank pulley. all the others are exactly stock. So only the blower spins faster.

As for the slipping. The hotter the belt the less slip it makes if any. The TVS seems to handle traction alot better than the mp112 and mp122 blowers as we are running on the first gen V.

The gain was from more boost from the crank pulley. That and i figured out a few more secrets to allow more boost at that time. :D

Hey Jess how much boost does the crank pulley give ya? How much rwhp you think it will give with tune and intake mods? Also any difference between steel and aluminum crank pulley?

Luna.
03-26-09, 08:52 PM

Good to hear about the TVS handling traction better...

Based on simplicity, however, I'm definitely liking the crank pulley more, especially since it seems to generate a little more boost... :) I would also love to know what that raised your boost to (for planning purposes).

Hell, put me down for the crank pulley as soon as it comes out. I'll get that, the American Racing header/exhaust system, CAI and should be good to go... :thumbsup:

colbachlaw
03-27-09, 05:10 PM
Jesse,

I would also like a crank pulley when they come out.

I am hoping to have a solid 11 second car with three more pounds of boost, a CAI, AR headers, and a tune.

I can't wait to pick up my car, drive it home, bolt on some parts, and head for the dyno.

Mike C

vperl
03-27-09, 07:27 PM
Jesse,

I would also like a crank pulley when they come out.

I am hoping to have a solid 11 second car with three more pounds of boost, a CAI, AR headers, and a tune.

I can't wait to pick up my car, drive it home, bolt on some parts, and head for the dyno.

Mike C
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9999 9

Which shop you going to?

I can only think of a couple that i'd trust