: Cabin Air Filter

Ra0035
03-24-09, 04:27 PM
I've done a search and have a problem. Problem was I haven't upgraded my alarm to a viper. Anyways, my truck was broken into and ripped apart. Got it back from the shop, now a month later I realized the cabin air filter is missing. I'm not talking about the filters, I mean the actual housing is gone was ripped out. Anybody know where I can get the housing that the filters go into?

digitalcaddie
03-24-09, 04:32 PM
Cheapest place is probably a junk yard. There will be few if any escalades in there, but if you can find a yukon, yukon denali or a tahoe, you might be able to remove one from one of those trucks.

mancuusa
06-11-09, 11:25 PM
hi guys where is located?

Rolex
06-11-09, 11:29 PM
hi guys where is located?

You don't have a cabin air filter on an 05' Escalade. You can stop looking now. ;)

pcguy760
06-13-09, 03:52 AM
Do you know where it might be on an 02 - just wondering cos sometimes I get this damp smell inside when I turn the fan on. Btw, how come the 05 does not have one? Just wondering...

bonson
11-18-09, 01:17 PM
Is there one on an 06? The dealer charged me to replace it before

nathanjax
11-18-09, 07:48 PM
They only had then up till 02... starting in 03 they don't have them... Bonson, you got screwed if you really did get charged...

PCguy, it's under the passenger side dash. You have to ake out your glove box and there is a 1 or 2 inch black plate held in with 3 screws...

Espritv8
12-25-09, 11:48 PM
I can confirm. I just got my 03 escalade. Figured it would be a good thing to change the cabin filter. Never found any... :bigroll:

Rolex
12-27-09, 12:14 AM
I can confirm. I just got my 03 escalade. Figured it would be a good thing to change the cabin filter. Never found any... :bigroll:

True.

I had an oil change on my 03' Escalade at one of the quick-E-lube places once. The tech brought a filthy air filter out into the waiting area and tapped it on his hand to show me how much dust there was in my cabin air filter. :rolleyes: I asked him if that was the filter he pulled out of my truck, and you could tell he was thinking carefully how he wanted to answer. He said, "no sir but this is probably what yours will look like if you've never had it changed.'' :D

If he had said "yes" I would have insisted he show me where he removed it.

For reference:
There are no cabin air filters on the Gen II Escalade after the 2002 year model.
Don't get ripped off. :)

luxurylife33
12-27-09, 02:24 AM
you mean GEN II....

coralreef35mm
12-27-09, 12:18 PM
My dealer told me he wanted to change mine as well, during an oil change...I told him he could, but I wanted him to show me where it was, so I could just change it myself next time, but he could do it this time....He told me they weren't end user:bigroll: servicable....Quick on his toes though

Rolex
12-27-09, 08:34 PM
you mean GEN II....

I did indeed. :)