: Just closed a deal on a 2008 V6 AWD...

ocabrera
03-24-09, 04:21 PM
I think this was a good deal but I am sure all you can better asess that....
2008 V6, AWD with Luxury collection package, Utility package in thunder gray chromaflair and grey leather interior, No NAV. 17" RSA's, BRAND NEW with 26 total miles and all of the original warranty as per the dealer $36,000 price and I got $9500 for a 04 honda accord EX with 66,000 miles I was trading in. so with my trade I got the car for $26,500. Thoughts and any advice?? I will pick up thursday. I have not signed anything but have a verbal agreement. I initially went in offering $33,500 for the car itself and wanted 10,500 for my trade in, would have been $23,500 all in, but that was not happening....ALL comments welcomed.

Rob1958-10
03-24-09, 06:24 PM
My deal was $36,235 for The AWD N* V-8, With Nav. 20" Chrome Wheels, Ultra View Roof, including every other option available. Color Goldmist.

ocabrera
03-24-09, 07:50 PM
ultraview as well on this one plus electronic 3rd row. I do not think I knocked the ball out of the ball park, but I think the deal was pretty fair. It is nearly a $50k car and used cars with similar attributes (10-30k miles on them) are being listed from 30-35k. I've heard a lot of people being dissatisfied with the NAV so i was not looking for it.

Northern SRX
03-24-09, 08:25 PM
ultraview as well on this one plus electronic 3rd row. I do not think I knocked the ball out of the ball park, but I think the deal was pretty fair. It is nearly a $50k car and used cars with similar attributes (10-30k miles on them) are being listed from 30-35k. I've heard a lot of people being dissatisfied with the NAV so i was not looking for it.

I swung something very similar to your pre-trade price last November on our new '08 AWD V6 with xenons, 3rd row, ultraview, power pedals, driver's package, seating package, towing package. Before sales taxes, we paid $CDN 38k, including some GM Visa $ and a $2000 lease loyalty allowance.

I'd say you got a fair deal for a great vehicle.

Welcome aboard! (or am I being premature?)

jdavis
03-25-09, 07:39 AM
Great color, good price, and a really fine car. Hope that you plan to keep it for a good while because values are going on the down hill side. I purchased my SRX last year for nothing like the good numbers that you are getting. Congratulations!

ocabrera
03-25-09, 09:05 AM
thanks I appreciate the encouragement, anytime you make a large purchase like this you tend to second guess yourself. I know the dealer always manages to make $ one way or the other, but Even if I would have been able to talk to them an extra 1k that really makes little difference on a financing basis and I did not want to lose out on the car for small money.

My wife will drive it but I think it will be a great fit for us and our little one, we needed something with more space but did not want the bulk of a giant SUV. We looked at the Chevy traverse, the mazda CX9 and even the Acura MDX. I think the Caddy will be more flexible to our needs, and in all reality I love the giant sunroof....that was a major selling point along with adaptive remote start which the other ones do not have. My wife will also put the heated seats and steering wheel to good use!

Thanks Jdavis.

TSS
03-25-09, 10:57 AM
It looks like a fair deal and your assessment is correct. You could probably spend a little time and haggle a bit more, but only you know the value of your time and your frustration limit. Hope it all works out and welcome.

I had an 06 SRX and it was a great vehicle. The 07/08s have several improvements/additions. Also, I had NAV and it drove me crazy. The newer systems in the 07+ are better, but I still would personally opt out again. I had to look high and low to find an otherwise well equipped Lade without NAV when I picked mine up in 07. Good find on a loaded model without NAV IMO!

ocabrera
03-25-09, 12:13 PM
thanks...I think you are right on on your commnets. My wife liked the idea of NAV but I told her I'd get her a tomtom or garmin instead. I liked the color of the car as well. Looking forward to getting it. Anything anyone suggests I should look for to make sure is in the car during delivery??

TSS
03-25-09, 12:24 PM
The basic, mats, 2 keys, 2 fobs, owners manual. Check the jack area for evidence of water before buying (common issue). Check ultra view for creaking while driving before buying.

bond2
03-25-09, 12:54 PM
So far the NAV in my 2007 SRX has been fantastic. I received the 2008 update Disc and I am waiting on the 2009 update disc, but they have a ton of POI in them including phone numbers. I think its much better than a Garmin or Megellan, which I have in my other vehicles. The only thing lacking is the traffic updates, but I haven't tried that before so i don't know what I am missing.

TSS
03-25-09, 01:17 PM
From a purely navigation perspective, the factory NAV was just a hair better than my older model Garmin NUVI. My issue with it was overcomplicating simple radio/other functions and the darn fingerprints all the time. Just not worth the price either when a superb handheld unit can be purchased for 300 bucks, and used in all your vehicles, on your bike, and in rental cars. For somebody who uses NAV all the time , like a travelling salesperson, factory NAV would make sense. For occasional users, it has too many downsides IMO.

Separate it from all other functions, like radio, etc, and I would probably spring for it just for the better looks and occasional convenience.

bond2
03-25-09, 11:16 PM
Another nice thing about factory NAV is the chances of it getting stolen are far less than an aftermarket one. Even if thieves see the mount or suction rings on the window they will break into your vehicle and search for the portable NAV.

robhersch
03-26-09, 02:12 AM
I think this was a good deal but I am sure all you can better asess that....
2008 V6, AWD with Luxury collection package, Utility package in thunder gray chromaflair and grey leather interior, No NAV. 17" RSA's, BRAND NEW with 26 total miles and all of the original warranty as per the dealer $36,000 price and I got $9500 for a 04 honda accord EX with 66,000 miles I was trading in. so with my trade I got the car for $26,500. Thoughts and any advice?? I will pick up thursday. I have not signed anything but have a verbal agreement. I initially went in offering $33,500 for the car itself and wanted 10,500 for my trade in, would have been $23,500 all in, but that was not happening....ALL comments welcomed.

The basic V6 at $36k is below dealer invoice; probably $3-4Kmore when you add your extras, so if you got your trade in for only $500 less, it all sounds like you DONE GOOD!!! Congrats, you will probably never again get an opportunity to get such a great vehicle (from what we've seen of the new models). We're sure you and family will love & enjoy the great SRX !!

Our 2005 N*V8 RWD, UltraView, no NAV, no-3rd seat without trade-in was about $10K more, and we really love our SRX

ocabrera
03-26-09, 08:40 AM
thanks rob...I gotta say I am happy the deal got done. Taking it on a trip from boston to long island NY this weekend. Looking forward to seeing how it rides. Does anyone know if the 6-CD changes option is only available with the 8 CYL? It does not make too much of a difference to me but I think unless you order an extra package you only get a single CD player. Thanks for the welcome fellas. I plan to be an active member.:thumbsup:

ocabrera
03-27-09, 04:49 PM
Deal is done and my wife and I are the happy owners of a 2008 SRX. looking nice in my driveway I must say. Now got to clean the garage out to be able to fit it as it is a bit longer than our last car.
The financing we got was not too shabby either 4.49% for 5 yrs. that is lower than our mortgage! I'll take that. Will be logging in about 500 miles this weekend. Looking forward to seeing the gasoline usage and comfort.

robhersch
03-28-09, 12:21 AM
Deal is done and my wife and I are the happy owners of a 2008 SRX. looking nice in my driveway I must say. Now got to clean the garage out to be able to fit it as it is a bit longer than our last car.
The financing we got was not too shabby either 4.49% for 5 yrs. that is lower than our mortgage! I'll take that. Will be logging in about 500 miles this weekend. Looking forward to seeing the gasoline usage and comfort.

Welcome aboard the SRX Owner's Club!!
Enjoy your ride.

srx05v8
03-29-09, 12:53 AM
Welcome to the club! So far our 2005 SRX is the only car that both my wife and I enjoy (the other cars we tried include Toyota, Volvo and BMW). It's a car with true character. Enjoy!

cstreu1026
03-31-09, 09:08 PM
I have seen some similarly equipped, low mile (3-4K miles) 08 courtesy vehicles advertised for a little over $26000 locally. I thought we got a good deal on our CPO 05 V8 AWD but the deals like that made me want to buy another. I do love car and I know there is always a better deal out there no matter what you pay.

Don73
10-17-09, 11:54 PM
ocabrera, what was your sticker?

carguy2009
10-18-09, 12:37 AM
Congrats' I have a 08 in the same color and enjoy the quiet ride. I have the V6 AWD with the no NAV Bose & 6 disc changer. Are you sure you don't have the 6 disc changer with the luxury collection. Good luck!

5615mike
10-21-09, 10:51 PM
Last Oct. I bought an 08 V6 AWD completely loaded for my wife. Sticker was over $50k. ThunderGray with Gray interior. Car was a GM factory exec unit that had never been titled. Had 9k miles. Bought it for $29,500. Got full warr and my wife will never have to worry about going over the mileage restriction, its the time that was needed. Funny thing is it has NAV but my wife always uses the Turn by Turn b/c its easier and quicker than using the NAV. There are very low mileage 08's all over for about $30k or a bit more. Very glad it does not have the 3rd row seating since we dont need it. The rear entertainment system will never be used (no kids). She loves the cargo system in the back that you dont get with the 3rd row. I do wish these damn things had uniform size tires for rotation. I am definately going to replace with 255's all around to fix that issue. Wish it was a Sport as I could not find one when looking. Of course now I can find a number of them.