: Back In The Caddy Saddle Again

SmackCaddy
03-24-09, 01:03 PM
Hello. I just wanted to drop a few lines to say how nice it is to be behind the wheel of luxury again. I just purchased a 2005 Escalade (Diamond White). It's mainly for the wife. It is a lease return from a fellow in Las Vegas. Apparently, he was also a Cadillac loyalist as he left the "Cadillac Heritage of Owners" emblem on the grill. It indicates the Escalade was his 5th Cadillac, which works out great for me, because it's also my 5th. I'll post a few photos of it as soon as the rain lets up and I can wash it. For now, please enjoy a few shots of my previous rides: 1968 Coupe Deville and 1983 Sedan Deville. I've also owned a 1969 Sedan and 1970 Coupe, though I do not have photos of them.

ratbike1
03-24-09, 02:02 PM
Welcome back! I said the same thing by the way... "it's for my wife".

SmackCaddy
03-24-09, 04:38 PM
True that. If I had said "for me" then I wouldn't have the wife any longer.

Hey, wait a minute . . .

SmackCaddy
03-27-09, 07:51 PM
As promised, here a few pics of my (wife's) Escalade, including the "Cadillac Heritage of Ownership" emblem. It's got 27,600 miles and still has the factory tires on, which will be replaced soon. Any suggestions for replacements? Anyone have Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza? I'd like to have some Toyo Proxes S/T II, but they don't make them in the correct size for me.

It has the following options: (1) sunroof, (2) touchscreen navigation/XM, and (3) polished 17" wheels. Only one minor scratch on the right rear door, otherwise as new inside, out, and underneath.

After doing some googling, I've discovered the 6.0 is not just you're every day 6.0L, but the LQ9. Awesome! I've got a K&N cold air system off a previously-owned 2004 Silverado SS. If it fits the Escalade, I'm going to service the filter and install it. Aside from that, no mods for now. If it were MY daily driver, I'd put some boost on it, just for kicks (like I did with the SS).