: Another first-timer

K0UZE
07-07-04, 07:04 PM
We recently bought an 02 DeVille DTS with about 15K on it...certified for 6 years/100K.

Formerly a long-time Mercedes owner, just for fun we rented a DeVille on a recent trip to FL. My wife and I both loved it, though I wouldn't admit it at first. I said, "This doesn't ride as well as the Mercedes, do you think?" She looked at me like I was nuts and replised, "This is so much more comfortable!" Eventually I had to agree with her.

Now, this particular Benz was an old one, an 87, but it had been my baby for several years. Unfortunately, it had always been a money pit -- and I finally decided to cut bait and get something more technologically up to date. So far, we find the Caddy first rate in all respects.

I do have a couple of maintenance questions, and I will try to do a better search on the maintenance board...but if anyone knows I would much appreciate a reply. The questions are:
1. Despite what GM says, isn't it really wise to replace the Dexcool at least every three years?
2. Is it a good idea to switch to Mobil 1 5W 30, with changes about every 3K?
I have always been a nut about maintenance and I do believe it pays off in the long run. Thanks for any observations.

CADDYBLACK99
07-07-04, 10:01 PM
Welcome Kouze!

Congrats on your recent purchase! I love the DTS... "certified" with 15k on the clock...thats a sweet deal anyway you slice it! Tell me its black on black and I'll tell you its my next car :D

Others here will have answers to your questions. We all take pride in our Caddy's and keep the in top form, so regular maintenance should be all that the car requires....upgrades to regular items (special oils etc.) are up to you.
There are many schools of thought on that one!
Thanks for joining the forum.
:welcome:
Paul