: 74 Eldorado Conv.

AZ Dave
07-07-04, 07:28 PM
Hello all!

Well Do I have to say it... I'm new to the list.
The nitty gritty. I have a 1974 Eldorado Convertible. Its got a few issues but it was running good. The carb is in need of a fixing. I was going to rebuild it but I got the ok to just get a new one. Its got a 500 cu. engine. Any suggestions here? I'm by no means a real auto mechanic, but I seem to get by.
Also some other things The interior is shot. I need new seat covers all around and the upper doors and the rear arm rest area are shot (all have upholstery). Any ideas on if they make kits for this. I haven't found any yet.

Thanks Dave

CADDYBLACK99
07-07-04, 11:05 PM
Welcome Dave!

Thanks for siging up! The 74' Eldo sounds nice, its one of my favorite years!
Take a look around in some of the Sections and you will find a wealth of info.
Good luck!
:welcome:
Paul

tru504187211
07-08-04, 11:33 AM
If you had the '75 Eldo, you could say you bought the car from Edward Abbey's estate...

http://www.abbeyweb.net/doc.htm?ID=75

:welcome: to the forum!

elwesso
07-09-04, 09:58 PM
Welcome aboard... Thanks for signing up :wave:

I love the old eldo convertables... :)

BeelzeBob
07-12-04, 12:06 PM
Welcome aboard! Thank you for signing up! Post some pictures in our image section when you get time. :)

AZ Dave
07-12-04, 07:28 PM
Welcome Dave!

Thanks for siging up! The 74' Eldo sounds nice, its one of my favorite years!
Take a look around in some of the Sections and you will find a wealth of info.
Good luck!
:welcome:
Paul

I can't say its nice. its 3 colors currently. The interior needs help. The car is straight, and it runs. With a few issues. The roof is in need of a few parts to go up evenly. I do have a new top for it though. The best thing is it was a free car. My friend needed to get rid of it so I thought this was a diamond in the ruff. Since I have had it its been fun.
A great story would be when I went to get emissions done. I pulled in the bay and the guy had pull in to test it. I tried to tell him It was front wheel drive but he gave me that your crazy look. Well when he hit the gas the look was just to good as the caddy jump the wheel lock.

Dave