: Search "How To"

oldworld
03-23-09, 04:57 PM
Hey guys:
Seems like my questions on here are "duplicates" as others have asked the same or similar in the past. For whatever reason, when I seem to input any of the key works I can think of into the search box, I get everything but what I am looking for. For example, I input cabin filters and 7+ pages came up. I see a couple cabin filter inquiries, which seem to be duplicates. Lately, on some of my posts, I seem to get locked out by a certain individual....what gives.????
I have to be honest.............MOST of the questions on here have been asked and answered SOMEWHERE on this forum, probably multiple times. So what if its asked again 2 years later. Might be some good info for anyone new on the forum...................like myself.
I don't know how everyone else feels here but to me no question is a dumb question.............
To get an answer like " Seriously, this could be found on a search " is a really rude and naive answer.
Sorry if I seem alittle hot under the collar, but I have to admit, I may ask some pretty easy questions, but they are questions just the same. No one here should judge whats a quality question as opposed to a question with so obvious of an answer. If the people take the time to ask.............why can't we consider it valid, and help them out.
Trying to belittle someone for asking is unwarranted, and counter productive.

My two cents as always........

obxdiver
03-23-09, 07:49 PM
I did the following
Click on "Search this Cadillac Forum"
Click on "Advanced Search"

Fill in like I did
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t103/obxdiver/Search1.png

That returns these results
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t103/obxdiver/Search2.png

Clicking on the one closest to the top answers your exact question
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t103/obxdiver/Search3.png

Quite simple

oldworld
03-23-09, 10:38 PM
Thanks OBX for taking the time to explain, much like you did about the nav wire in a previous post.

Much appreciated!

jcizzzle88
03-23-09, 10:48 PM
hey.. also being fairly new to this forum i was having the same problem with trying to search..

.. actually found this very helpful...

... they should have an option under the search tab Forum Searching for Dummies cause i would be willing to bet a lot of other new members would benefit from seeing how to search specific to one forum.

oldworld
03-23-09, 10:57 PM
could not have said it better myself. PERFECT RESPONSE. Search for dummies is kind of funny...but fits the bill :highfive::highfive:

Rolex
03-23-09, 11:20 PM
OBX :cool2:

oldworld
03-23-09, 11:34 PM
good idea making this into a sticky. should benefit alot of newbies.:suspect:

obxdiver
03-24-09, 06:50 AM
Thanks guys
I assumed everyone who comes here knew how to do this.
The general rules in forums like this are:
Don't start a new thread, if you find an old thread with the same (or similar) topic you desire.
Just post a reply in the old thread to bring it to the top of the list.
The moderators don't like new threads being opened when there are existing threads with your questions/answers.
They may be old threads, and buried deep on page 20, but if you post a reply in them, the old thread will then be on page 1.

Rolex
03-25-09, 10:55 AM
^^^^ Moderator material. ;)

CEPMAN
07-10-09, 02:24 PM
I've been on this forum for 2 days now, trying to research some things, and I haven't been able to find them. Being that this forum is as old as it is, I'm sure the questions I have, have been answered already - and if that's the case I'd like to be able to find those answers, but I haven't yet.

Questions:
How do you remove the factory cd changer (04 ESV)?
Does anyone have any pics of a subwoofer install on an ESV?

trixter
08-20-10, 12:24 PM
Very beneficial! Glad I managed to somehow find this post...lol

agapeEscalade
09-10-10, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the post

jperrytx
09-11-10, 12:01 PM
Yea that does work a lot better. Much more efficient too, Thanks for the advice

Caddydude420
09-21-10, 11:48 PM
what about the new advanced search. You can't search by the forum any more. "escalade 100000 mile service" (100k, 100,000) turns up nothing but results in other boards.

jacobsillman
02-13-11, 08:09 PM
I'm new to the site, so this was really helpful. Thanks guys.

cpmet200
07-14-11, 04:22 PM
thank you!!

Brenda1963
12-15-14, 03:58 PM
I have a 1999 and I don't have any air it doesn't blow hot or cold but it's blows when I trune it on not in the hold truck

Rolex
12-17-14, 10:13 PM
I have a 1999 and I don't have any air it doesn't blow hot or cold but it's blows when I trune it on not in the hold truck

Brenda, maybe try creating a NEW thread?