: Canada - US Ebay Purchases

daacon
07-07-04, 06:47 PM
I am looking for some new rims for my '92 and was wondering if anyone has purchased such items (or similar large heavy objects) from the 'other country'. The reason I ask is my understanding is , if the item is marked person to person (so from John Doe , 123 Anwhere USA to John Doe 123 Anywhere Canada) , there is no Duty to pay. Company to person - Duty gets charged.

A friend of mine bought some part (can' t remeber what it was - but it was for his '47 Dodge truck - nice.....) from the US on Ebay but it was from a company. He had to pay almost 30% in Duty ! Given the difference in our dollar plus duty makes these purchases much less attractive (at least from the Canadian end).

JDelorean_srx
07-08-04, 02:24 PM
What happened to NAFTA?

Michigan gets all of Torontos trash, thats alot of 'dooty'. 100+ trucks/day - it's no wonder michigan roads suck. :hmm:

daacon
07-08-04, 05:43 PM
What happened to NAFTA? :hmm:
Never Any Free Transactions Allowed - NAFTA is a good thing on paper - your personal experience may vary :helpless:

JJhomer83
07-09-04, 12:54 AM
i just sold things to a guy in canada and the shipping wasn't bad don't know what duty is but i know my godchild does that a lot :helpless: