: Keyless FOB

dmokry
03-23-09, 12:35 PM
Is there a way I can delete all Fobs and start over? I have two FOBS #1 and #3 are programed in #2 has been lost. I would like to program the #3 into the #2 spot. This is a 2005 STS sg

Thanks,
Moke:confused:

SwissSTS
03-23-09, 05:22 PM
There are multiple ways to program key fobs. I think you have to programe your fobs according to the following description:

Method 3 - Key Fob Auto Learn

This procedure will first erase all known key fobs. The procedure will then program a single or multiple key fobs. Method 3 is a series of three 10-minute key cycles, for a total of 30 minutes . This procedure requires that you have a replacement key fob and the vehicle mechanical key.

Important: All previously programmed key fobs will be erased upon completion of the 30-minute programming procedure. The order in which the key fobs are programmed will determine its numbering position within the RCDLR memory. The first key fob programmed will be key fob #1, and the second key fob programmed will be key fob #2. The number stamped on the key fob case is for reference only: #2 can be programmed as #1.

Do not place any known good key fobs in the vicinity of the vehicle when programming with Method 3. If the RCDLR recognizes a known good key fob during Method 3 programming, the programming mode will resort to Method 1.

The vehicle must be OFF.
Place the replacement key fob in the console pocket with the buttons facing forward.
Insert the vehicle key in the driver door lock cylinder located in the driver door handle and cycle the key 5 times within 5 seconds .
The DIC will display a message: OFF/ACC TO LEARN.
Press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition button.
The DIC will display a message: WAIT 10 MINUTES , then it will count down from 10 to 0, one minute at a time.
When the counter reaches 0, DIC will display OFF/ACC TO LEARN.
Repeat steps 5-7 two more times, for a total of 30 minutes .
The DIC will display a message: OFF/ACC TO LEARN.
Press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition button.
A beep will occur and the DIC will display: READY FOR FOB 1. At this time all previously known key fobs have been erased. When fob 1 is programmed a beep will be heard and the DIC will display a message: READY FOR FOB 2.
Additional key fobs can be programmed by taking fob 1 out of the pocket and inserting fob 2. If desired, up to 4 fobs can be programmed. Once 4 fobs have been learned, the DIC will display a message: MAX FOBS LEARNED, and automatically exit the program mode.
If learning less than 4 key fobs, press the OFF/ACC portion of the ignition button to exit the program mode.
Operate the active portion of each key fob in order to finalize the programming sequence and verify correct system operation.

dmokry
03-23-09, 05:49 PM
Thank you. It worked perfectly.:D:D:D

swangin50
11-17-09, 02:06 PM
I tried this because I just bought a #2 key fob but I have a problem. My #2 programmed but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks

EChas3
11-17-09, 10:34 PM
There's a thread with the part numbers. Are your #1 & #2 sequencial part numbers?

mikey1026
02-26-10, 07:07 PM
question...where is CONSOLE POCKET? instruction # 2

LAC_STS
02-26-10, 07:40 PM
Its the little pocket in center console. Its attached to the rear wall of the console liner.

Joe Pagano
02-26-10, 07:52 PM
First, when you reprograme as stated above and delete all fobs it does not matter what the number on the fob is. Mine are both #2, but I know the one I carry acts as #1 and the spare (wife's) is #2. The numbers on back are just meant as an identifier, they are in fact the same item.
The fob pocket is against the rear panel inside the center console next to the power outlet. If you do not have an owners manual they are found in pdf format on-line, just Google it. Good luck...................... Joe P

cbcaddy
12-27-10, 08:04 PM
Hi guys i tried this and it seemed to work to program a replacement fob but my remote start dosent work on the replacement fob any ideas or fixes thanks

ddalder
12-27-10, 10:43 PM
Hi guys i tried this and it seemed to work to program a replacement fob but my remote start dosent work on the replacement fob any ideas or fixes thanks
How many fobs are programmed for your car? Remote start only works on fobs set-up as #1 and #2. You can have up to four in total, but #3 and #4 will not remote start the vehicle. When it went into program mode, the DIC should have displayed a message similar to "Ready For Fob #x". What number was in place of 'x'?

Frikiton
12-30-10, 10:00 PM
thanks for the instructions lol i'll def do this when it gets warmer or when im in a inside garage

EChas3
12-31-10, 12:10 AM
30 minutes can be a long tme!

rzambrano
12-31-10, 12:29 AM

Tell me about it, I did the procedure twice because the first time my #1 FOB (bought on eBay) didn't work, then after I did it the second time, I realize the battery on the FOB was dead.

Frikiton
01-03-11, 04:37 AM

Lol thats why I am going to wait till the spring hahaha , too bad I live in the city and don't have indoor parking ..

Tell me about it, I did the procedure twice because the first time my #1 FOB (bought on eBay) didn't work, then after I did it the second time, I realize the battery on the FOB was dead.

You got the FOB for your year or the 08+ model fob ? how much you paid ?
My current FOB is #2, do I require #1 ? I noticed w/ my #2 I can't remote start even though I have remote start enabled on my personal settings in my car.

EChas3
01-03-11, 10:24 PM
If it's matched as #2 it should remote start. That makes me think it is matched as 3 or 4. Have you done a rigorous test to prove it really is recalling Driver 2 preferences?

ddalder
01-03-11, 11:03 PM
My current FOB is #2, do I require #1 ? I noticed w/ my #2 I can't remote start even though I have remote start enabled on my personal settings in my car.
You need to remember that the number printed on the fob may mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. This is a number GM prints on the case so the owners can differentiate which is which. The part numbers for #1 and #2 are different only because of the number printed on the case. GM doesn't produce a key fob with the number 3 or 4 despite the fact you can program up to four different fobs for the car. The electronics for both #1 and #2 are identical in function.

This is easy...

1. Get in your car.
2. Start your car.
3. Look at your Driver Information Centre.
4. If you opened your car with a fob programmed as #1, it will display one of the following:

Driver 1 -OR-
1: Your driver 1 welcome message
5. If you opened your car with a fob programmed as #2, it will display one of the following:

Driver 2 -OR-
2: Your driver 2 welcome message
6. If you opened your car with a fob programmed as #3 or #4, the DIC will not display a message similar to the ones above.

While your car is running, you can press the unlock button on each and watch the DIC. You will soon know which fob is #1 or #2. You will require a Tech2 scan tool to sort out whether undetermined fobs are #3 or #4. In any event, this should give you your answer. A fob that is not set-up as #1 or #2 will NOT remote start your car.

Frikiton
01-04-11, 02:26 AM
If it's matched as #2 it should remote start. That makes me think it is matched as 3 or 4. Have you done a rigorous test to prove it really is recalling Driver 2 preferences?

I pressed the wrong button, I read the manual and it said to press the lock button first and then remote start and it worked. I thought it would simply work by holding down the remote start though this way.

When I go into personal settings it does shows as Driver 2 .. I am still trying to clear how to work that, I need to clear driver 1 and 2 settings .. or maybe leave driver 2 as it is since its what im using

EChas3
01-04-11, 08:57 PM
No need to change anything until you get another fob. If you want a welcome message, just configure it for Driver 2.

If/when you do get another fob, you'll have to rematch them both to get rid of the old #1. Leave both fobs far away when starting the reprogramming sequence. I think this is in a sticky,but I offered my 2cents somewhere, too!

ddalder
01-04-11, 09:18 PM
I pressed the wrong button, I read the manual and it said to press the lock button first and then remote start and it worked. I thought it would simply work by holding down the remote start though this way.
My advice is to always check the owner's manual when something doesn't work as expected. If you're following the correct procedure, then start troubleshooting problems. It'll will sometimes save a little time and grief.

Neoalex
11-13-11, 03:50 PM
Hi guys. Can I program the fob to my 2006 using fob 2008+?

nathanjax
11-14-11, 08:50 AM
Hi guys. Can I program the fob to my 2006 using fob 2008+?

Yes

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/228269-key-fob-question.html

EChas3
11-14-11, 07:50 PM
I use a 2008-style Fob with my 2006. The stickey-thread at the top of the forum has a link to the matching procedure.

tomm
11-14-11, 09:43 PM
Is there a way I can delete all Fobs and start over? I have two FOBS #1 and #3 are programed in #2 has been lost. I would like to program the #3 into the #2 spot. This is a 2005 STS sg

Thanks,
Moke:confused:

Yes, You can easily do this. The instructions are on the site and just do a search for reprogramming the STS fobs on this forum and you will find it. Procedure takes around 30 minutes.

Frikiton
11-15-11, 08:32 AM
How about if I currently have fob #2 programmed as #2, and I buy a new one lets say model 08 for my 06 sts does it matter if I get a fob #1 or #2 or #3 (according to ebay) or I specifically need to buy one that says fob #1 to program into #1 ?

nathanjax
11-15-11, 12:18 PM
How about if I currently have fob #2 programmed as #2, and I buy a new one lets say model 08 for my 06 sts does it matter if I get a fob #1 or #2 or #3 (according to ebay) or I specifically need to buy one that says fob #1 to program into #1 ?

You can program them to whatever number you want, don't need to buy a specific number

EChas3
11-15-11, 09:28 PM
The only differences between fobs with a '1' or '2' is the #.

OK, the GM Part Number & matching ID codes are different but it's all for appearances.

I don't think there are all that many unique matching ID codes. Only a determined theif can steal your car (and a determined thief can steal ANY car).

Frikiton
11-15-11, 09:34 PM
Which 2008+ style you guys have bought on ebay to use on your 06 STS ?

nathanjax
11-15-11, 09:54 PM
Which 2008+ style you guys have bought on ebay to use on your 06 STS ?

I posted a link to that thread post up from yours in post #21...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/228269-key-fob-question.html

FB001
04-23-12, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the excellent directions. They worked brilliantly, and I was able to program my FOBs. I bought my 2008 STS used and the remote start never worked. Now, after I reprogrammed my replacement and existing FOB, the remote start works. Thanks so much for the assistance.

Dr. John
08-06-12, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the programming instructions. They worked beautifully!

mikeymikey69
02-23-13, 07:10 PM
Is there a way to reprogram all the fobs without a replacement fob? I have the same problem. #1 and #3 but lost #2. All I want is to reprogram fob #3 to #2 without having to buy a replacement fob. I do have a mechanical key though..lol

Any ideas? or did I miss something in the thread?

EChas3
02-23-13, 07:50 PM
Just keep them all out of range untill called for.

dannyquest
02-23-13, 10:01 PM
Help on keyless fob, I have a 06 STS and trying to program for a third fob. I bought this fob from another Cadillac fourm member. Placed a new battery (CR20320) and tested for full voltage. Used the steps in my manual 1 thur 8. Every thing is good until step 7, no beep sound. I can't go to step 8. Do I have to stand on one foot for to work. Danny

EChas3
02-23-13, 10:52 PM
Maybe #3 & #4 are already programmed. Start from scratch using the procedure in post #2 of this thread.

dannyquest
02-24-13, 09:30 AM
EChas3, Thanks, I will try it. Danny

flittlejr
03-25-14, 09:21 AM
Remote set is set at radio. Go thru Dvr #1 and Dvr #2. Seats, mirrors, door locks, remote start. You just toggle yes or know.