: Catera V

Catera V
07-03-04, 02:26 PM
Hi, I am a new member and while the car I have is a Catera V, I think you will find it of interest. I will attach a couple pictures, more can be found in my album-Catera V (http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/showgallery.php/ppuser/13268/cat/500/password/142eed629dbc97dad37e824e599ebb38)

rueben44
07-03-04, 11:06 PM
My man V owners are going to chew you up and spit you out!!!

Crozier
07-04-04, 12:10 AM
Nice looking wheels on it. I don't like the V badges, but that's just my dumb opinion.
What else have you done with it? The V badge really demands some respect, so I hope you've got more than 220 hp under that hood.
Looks sharp!!!

miscreant
07-04-04, 01:16 AM
If I'm not mistaken, this particular Catera has a 7L (427ci) under the hood?

wildwhl
07-04-04, 02:15 AM

miscreant -

I think you are correct, if this search result is the same car.

Catera V (http://www.cadillacforums.com/photopost/showgallery.php/ppuser/13268/cat/500/password/142eed629dbc97dad37e824e599ebb38)

gothicaleigh
07-04-04, 02:37 AM
That Catera has to easily be the nicest one I have ever seen. Of course, just about everything but the body has been changed to make it that way... but still... <shrugs>

rueben44
07-04-04, 04:23 AM
Well I will say this. When I sat in a Catera Sport last year made it had excellent fit and finish on the inside. Actually the plastics and stuff looked better than my then 98 STS. Cadillac should have made a lower front fascia to the car so it would look more euro and sporty.

JEM
07-05-04, 11:42 AM

Very nice! Looks like a T56 there, too. Don't expect there are too many clutch-dump launches in the OE rearend, though. I assume the clutch pedal/etc bits came from the Omega parts bins?

And, unlike the CTS-V, the parking brake is where it belongs.

LPE did the swap/fab work? Did you buy the car complete, or did you pay them to do it?

Gorgeous piece of hardware.

Cadillac should have made a lower front fascia to the car so it would look more euro and sporty.

An odd thing to say, given that the Catera is a German-built car, and the only difference between the nose of an Opel Omega and a Catera is the different grille insert.

Still think the Catera's a better shape than the CTS...

wildwhl
07-07-04, 02:22 PM
Hi, I am a new member and while the car I have is a Catera V, I think you will find it of interest. I will attach a couple pictures, more can be found in my album

I, for one, welcome you! Your Catera project looks like an incredibly well done sleeper. The "V" badge is a nice touch, and I have no problems with somebody borrowing said badge for such a sweet concept of a car. The suggestion to use a "Type R" badge is lame - because all know there is no typeR in the Cadillac line, and I think he does the V badge honor with his Catera. Besides, it is people who had dreams just as this that allowed the CTS/V to be created in the first place!

There is no coffee can for a muffler, at least not that I can so, so I don't see any rice, IMHO. Naysayers, flame suit is on, but you simply should not be so disrespectful to such an enthusiastic project and the owner should be commended, not chastised.

BeelzeBob
07-07-04, 06:10 PM
Very nice! That's the nicest Catera I've ever seen - and I'm sure everyone else agrees. :D

Vesicant
07-07-04, 06:13 PM
Think of it thisway, if the Catera were still being made... it was the precursor to the CTS Now. If Cadillac still made the V-Series, there probably would have been a V series Catera. The catera was going to get a manual transmission and some upgrades.. but the CTS came before that.

Its like a CTS thats not a CTS.

:D

gothicaleigh
07-07-04, 07:00 PM
Very nice! That's the nicest Catera I've ever seen - and I'm sure everyone else agrees. :D

Well... Now we do... :cynic:

:p :D

Honestly, that is a really nice Catera.
...and that's a lot coming from me, as I've always disliked the Catera design...

JEM
07-07-04, 07:25 PM
Was this car built for John Lingenfelter and then sold off after his death?

BeelzeBob
07-07-04, 11:22 PM
Was this car built for John Lingenfelter and then sold off after his death?

No, not at all. The car was built when JL was alive and well and CateraV had it long before his accident.

T_Dogg8
07-08-04, 08:42 AM
what happened?? did a bunch of posts get deleted??

T_Dogg8
07-08-04, 08:53 AM
nevermind. i figured it out :) i was just hoping things weren't being censored or something.

phrog
08-02-05, 05:16 PM
I will settle all the badging questions and conflict, I voted, and by majority, it is decided that Catera V will sell the auto to me, and I will remove the badges, and have the ultimate sleeper...:lildevil:

urbanski
08-02-05, 05:53 PM
why in the world did you bump this thread?

AmesCTS-V
08-02-05, 06:28 PM
I saw Miscreant posted and I thought he was back from the GTO boards for a min.... then I checked the dates.

CTSV04
08-02-05, 11:27 PM
Did the Catera get anything from the Cavalier? Guys at work keep saying my V is a hopped up Cavalier. Of course, the wimps making this claim drive front wheel drive Acura's. While I'm sure they are just envious, I thought I would ask.:want:

Joey'sVee
08-03-05, 12:14 AM
It's ugly! JMHO!

Geno
08-03-05, 06:37 PM
When Ford was conceptualizing the 94 Mustang they three profile code names:

Bruce Jenner
Arnold Swartznegger (sp)
Rambo
Of the three profiles, I would place the Catera-V in the B. Jenner mold...but with a 427, a Jenner with attitude.

willsctsv
08-03-05, 09:40 PM
There was a guy in a CTS (6cyl) the other day with V badges. I went up to him and rolled down my window, and said" that's not a V". He was around a 45 year old man, he replied," I know my son put them on".
I felt bad as he drove away. He probably went home and took them off after my arrogant sounding comment. But, who are they fooling?