: non polished rims?

aburd
03-22-09, 12:33 AM
anyone have pics of a v without the polised chrome rims. Not a big chrome guy and was thinking of silver with non chrome rims. or red the same.
thanks
ab

62Jeff
03-22-09, 02:30 AM
anyone have pics of a v without the polised chrome rims. Not a big chrome guy and was thinking of silver with non chrome rims. or red the same.
thanks
ab

Check out e-bay item 400037848106. Silver with silver painted wheels.

aburd
03-22-09, 03:17 AM
thank you. that ride is so nasty. i will have it
ab

Dick's06Vee
03-22-09, 11:03 AM
thanks
ab

Aburd: Not sure what options you're looking for, but here's one only 225 miles from you in Oklahoma City. It's silver, with black interior and manual tranny. Only option is the roof. I considered a dealer trade for this one, but they wanted another V to let go of theirs. I opted for a local black raven instead. http://www.mooreautoplex.com/ Dick

RogersV
03-22-09, 12:16 PM
Look at "Pics of *delivered* 09 Vs here" Page 2, post 28. It's red with silver painted wheels.

OldDrummer55
03-24-09, 12:48 AM
thanks
ab

I believe there are a number of V2s in the "Photos" section at the top of the "2009 and beyond" page that have painted rims...

neuronbob
03-24-09, 07:13 AM
The polished rims are not chrome. They honestly don't look blingy at all, just tastefully polished. I like them and I'm the least blingy guy on the planet. Just my $0.02....but I''d love painted rims for the winter, so I'm on the lookout, too.

aburd
03-24-09, 12:43 PM
so when I order do I need to order painted rims? Is it polished vs nonpolished period

Cub Cadet
03-24-09, 02:20 PM
Be very careful with these polished wheels. The polish job that GM has on their wheels is horrible. The clear coat protection is awful as they will begin to corrode around the edges. GM has had many issues with their polished wheels, and everyone I know with them has had them replaced at least once. I am getting mine replaced under warranty for this (on a Trailblazer SS) since they are turning white from all of the corrosion. When I get the V, I am tempted to just get the painted wheels so that I can avoid the future hassles.

OldDrummer55
03-24-09, 02:33 PM
so when I order do I need to order painted rims? Is it polished vs nonpolished period

The base car comes with painted rims and the polished rims are an option. I went with the painted to save money as they don't look bad, and I'll probably customize my car with aftermarket rims at a later date when the cash flow improves.

musclesbmf
03-24-09, 10:43 PM
Do a search for my user name. I have a thread about lowering my car and i posted a pic. It is silver with painted rims. The painted is standard and the polish job on the polished wheels is horrible. You can get it done locally with much better results if you decided you didnt like the painted look.

Mark