: First trip do dragstrip in the books...

SRT8/BMW
03-21-09, 08:46 PM
Just wanted a few baseline runs before I get her tuned. Track was waaaayyy slippery--traction issues for all. drove from metro detroit down to Kil-Care in southern Ohio (4 hours--eeecck).

got in 5 runs...bailed on two due to going sideways..

best time 12.3 with a 2.0 60 ft.
best trap 119 (with a 2.3 60 ft..)

I beleive we will see 11s from this car, stock, on the PS2s. Just need a great launch, which was impossible today. Makes me even more impressed with the Motor Trend pro 1.95 launch in the V back in october at Milan Dragway (Vid already posted here).

SRT8/BMW
03-22-09, 09:39 AM
If anyone else here has been down the strip--I would be interested in seeing the times. Stock or modded

Razorecko
03-22-09, 08:56 PM
with that trap you can be hitting high elevens stock.

nc09v2
03-22-09, 09:56 PM
Thanks for posting your experience. Is yours stick or auto?

I am contemplating getting a spare set of rear wheels with some drag radials as 1st gear is very tricky to modulate at much throttle, especially when temps are under 50 degrees. Mine is auto.

I have found that lowering the rear tires to 31 PSI cold helps some, but the PS2's are still easily overwhelmed under 30mph. Did you have opportunity to experiment with tire pressure?

I agree that this can be an 11 second car with traction

SRT8/BMW
03-23-09, 06:59 AM
Thanks for posting your experience. Is yours stick or auto?

I am contemplating getting a spare set of rear wheels with some drag radials as 1st gear is very tricky to modulate at much throttle, especially when temps are under 50 degrees. Mine is auto.

I have found that lowering the rear tires to 31 PSI cold helps some, but the PS2's are still easily overwhelmed under 30mph. Did you have opportunity to experiment with tire pressure?

I agree that this can be an 11 second car with traction

when I was at Monticello, the V engineers/team told me that they had tried the V on Drags and were mid elevens. I totally beleive that.

I am an auto. I lowered the rear pressure to 28 and raised the front to 40 for my runs..but only got one good run after they sprayed the track with prep.

concorso
03-23-09, 03:06 PM
2.0 isn't that far from 1.95! Id be happy if that were my first outing!