: 08 Cadillac STS RWD w/1SE reliability?

CyrilW
03-21-09, 06:30 PM
Hello everybody,

I'm looking for STS info and this seems like the place to go.

My mother-in-law just test drove a 2008 Cadillac STS RWD w/1SE with 15k miles. She likes the car. She's getting rid of a 2000 Lincoln LS because she's been having tons of problems with the car. It's in the shop every other week.

She wants a reliable car and I'm concerned that she will be in a similar situation with the Caddy. (BTW, I'm an import driver, so I'm somewhat biased, but open to someone changing my mind about GM's poor reliability record).

She does not want to be going back to the repair shop anytime soon with this new car. Will the '08 STS make her happy?

Thanks for the help,

Cyril

ryannel2003
03-21-09, 07:24 PM
Even though I'm not a Consumer Reports reader, I believe they gave the car an "Average" rating and recommended it for the '08 model year. The new STS's are great cars, and there aren't too many known problems with the cars like the older Seville cars had. I'm not a '05+ STS driver my self (2000 STS here) but I work at a dealership and for the most part the cars don't back except for a routine oil change. You might get better help from an STS owner, but I hope that helps a little bit.

c5 rv
03-21-09, 08:03 PM
I would buy it certified pre-owned just to make sure.

CyrilW
03-21-09, 08:59 PM
The car is pre-owned from a dealership in Springfield IL.

Thanks for the help.

mbnv992
03-21-09, 10:20 PM
I'd say go for it ! I absolutely LOVE my V8 STS4. TONS of power, GREAT looks, etc. I've had it since new in August. Just very minor problems (well, I wouldn't even call them problems): My remote has failed after several new batteries, etc. so my dealership just gave me a new one. That a few (very few) other very minor things, and that's it. Trouble free for 10,100 miles.

jaurig
03-22-09, 09:53 AM
you will get great service at any cadillac dealer. With warranty protection it will ease your mind. Dependable the car will be.

cooncat
03-23-09, 10:52 PM
I have a 2006 with the SE package. The car has been great and I love it. Good luck and enjoy it.

xlu
03-24-09, 02:46 AM
See the attached file; Cadillac is rated No. 9 in the most recent JD Power dependability survey; ahead of Honda.