: 3800!

jvp
03-21-09, 03:51 PM
Just got the email I've been waiting for. My V has hit status 3800! Now to wait for it to arrive... :-)

jas

Short-Throw
03-21-09, 04:31 PM
Just got the email I've been waiting for. My V has hit status 3800! Now to wait for it to arrive... :-)

jas

Is this a done deal or do you still have to haggle with your Z06?

Just to egg you, the V is awesome! :stirpot: :)

jvp
03-21-09, 05:41 PM
Is this a done deal or do you still have to haggle with your Z06?

I still have to haggle. This is far from a done deal.

Just to egg you, the V is awesome!

Yeah, yeah, tell me something I don't know. Punk.

:-)

jas

ExtraV
03-21-09, 07:03 PM
I'm getting higher trade values for my Z06 than I was 3 months ago, so don't fret. Which color did you order?

jvp
03-21-09, 07:14 PM
I'm getting higher trade values for my Z06 than I was 3 months ago, so don't fret. Which color did you order?

The car will look something like this:

- Thunder grey exterior / black interior
- Manual
- Recaros with suede
- Nav

That's it. Base wheels, no sunroof.

jas

thebigjimsho
03-21-09, 09:33 PM
Oh, I thought you were swapping out the V motor for a S/C 3800 out of a GTP...

vperl
03-21-09, 09:55 PM
Just a 5000 over here, and Olde Drummer is still waiting for a timming belt for his corvair

thebigjimsho
03-21-09, 10:03 PM
I need a water pump for a Citation. well, I did. about 20 years ago...

jvp
03-24-09, 06:34 PM
Just a 5000 over here, and Olde Drummer is still waiting for a timing belt for his corvair

Updated to 4150. The dealer emailed the invoice to me.

Getting closer....

jas

vperl
03-24-09, 07:20 PM
Updated to 4150. The dealer emailed the invoice to me.

Getting closer....

jas

Right now Scott is waxing and polisjung my V, that is just the kind
of person he is......

BTW,,, 5000 prodution code is better, not that there is any thing wrong with a 415:lies:0

jvp
03-24-09, 07:31 PM
BTW,,, 5000 prodution code is better

Perhaps it is, but 4150 is definitely better than, say, 3100 or 3400. :-) Next step is 4200, then 5000. It'll get there.

jas

thebigjimsho
03-25-09, 12:30 AM

Right now Scott is waxing and polisjung my V, that is just the kind
of person he is......

BTW,,, 5000 prodution code is better, not that there is any thing wrong with a 415:lies:0
why in the hell would your V need polishing??????

vperl
03-25-09, 01:23 AM
just an expression of his good will, he is NOT actually what your worried about.
I am expressing that Scott goes the extra step

Krug Ford
03-25-09, 06:42 PM
just an expression of his good will, he is NOT actually what your worried about.
I am expressing that Scott goes the extra step

HEY EVERYBODY ITS DISNEY LAND AND FREE TEST DRIVES IN VPERL's V....

Everyone gets to do a burn out till the tires pop.. lol

:yup:

vperl
03-25-09, 06:56 PM
HEY EVERYBODY ITS DISNEY LAND AND FREE TEST DRIVES IN VPERL's V....

Everyone gets to do a burn out till the tires pop.. lol

:yup:

Yep, it is Disney Land, went there in '67, just before I went to RVN
to kill strangers. Think I need to revisit those happy days.
Even if it is with my nurse, and oxygen bottle.
Gold Dots for all.

:eyes::gg::gg::bsmeter::bacon::beer:

poor-sha
03-25-09, 09:12 PM
Congrats jas. I'm still stuck at 3400 :(

Are you coming to Track Attack?

jvp
03-25-09, 09:37 PM
Congrats jas. I'm still stuck at 3400

Thanks. Who'd you order through?

Are you coming to Track Attack?

Hadn't planned on it, no. I will probably be at various Summit Point events throughout the year though, since it takes 45 minutes to get there. :-)

If the deal does happen with the V, I'm going to be concerned with driving it on the track without the diff cooler though. If that doesn't become available soon, several track guys are going to be a bit surprised when they start driving their Vs aggressively on the track.

jas

thebigjimsho
03-26-09, 07:04 AM
I doubt that not having a dif cooler results in any adverse afects in the short term...

jvp
03-26-09, 10:01 AM
I doubt that not having a dif cooler results in any adverse afects in the short term...

Based on what I know about the diff and the fluid (and the lack of a cooler), I'd be willing to bet otherwise. But, I'm not going to get into a pissing match about it with you or anyone else. The warning is there, right in the owner's manual. And someone here has posted about seeing the warning just by driving his V aggressively on the street.

Whether folks want to pay attention to those warnings or not is completely up to them. :-)

jas

poor-sha
03-26-09, 10:35 PM
Thanks. Who'd you order through?

Hadn't planned on it, no. I will probably be at various Summit Point events throughout the year though, since it takes 45 minutes to get there. :-)

If the deal does happen with the V, I'm going to be concerned with driving it on the track without the diff cooler though. If that doesn't become available soon, several track guys are going to be a bit surprised when they start driving their Vs aggressively on the track.

jas

I ordered mine at the big dealer on 50 in Sterling. So far my salesman has been great to work with so no issues with them.

I'm going to be at the April 24 FATT in the Z to get warmed up for the year. I hope to get my second sign-off for the advanced group which will make getting in much easier. Let me know when you'll be out there and I'll try to go as well.

jvp
03-27-09, 11:10 AM
I ordered mine at the big dealer on 50 in Sterling. So far my salesman has been great to work with so no issues with them.

Ah. They were actually the very first dealer I tried to work with last year, and I ran into a little too much difficulty with them. I'm giving that other big dealer in Alexandria another shot. :-)

I'm going to be at the April 24 FATT in the Z to get warmed up for the year. I hope to get my second sign-off for the advanced group which will make getting in much easier. Let me know when you'll be out there and I'll try to go as well.

Remember that moving into Group 2, you'll be in Group 2i at first. You'll need 2 additional signatures to make it to Group 2 (without the 'i'). Good luck, either way. Depending on which vehicle I have (and how my rebuilt shoulder is feeling) I may join you up there.

The invoice for the V says it'll be on the lot on 1 April. Too many potential jokes there... but we'll see. :-)

jas

poor-sha
03-28-09, 10:59 AM
I just heard that my car has been shipped and should be here this week!

I really just want to get out of the novice group so I have better luck at getting in to FATT and seat time. The novice group just fills up too quickly.

jvp
03-28-09, 01:17 PM
I just heard that my car has been shipped and should be here this week!

Cool! Probably on the same truck mine is, given how close the two dealers are.

I really just want to get out of the novice group so I have better luck at getting in to FATT and seat time. The novice group just fills up too quickly.

Understood. Given how popular FATT has become, Group 2 is also starting to fill quickly. I used to be able to sign up at the last minute and go. Now I have to plan it a month or so out, otherwise I miss the event.

Good luck in April.

jas