: Anybody have Clear Bra.....

topps
07-07-04, 02:52 PM
I just made an apointment to have a Clear Bra and have the windows tintied next week, just wondering if anybody else has put the clear bra on( especially on a black car) and how it came out. I hear 3M makes the best product.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
07-07-04, 03:14 PM
I have it on my cts, its pretty nice.....be careful when they put it on the headlights they have a terndency to bubble on the cts......and yes 3m is the best

GTS21
07-07-04, 03:21 PM
I just made an apointment to have a Clear Bra and have the windows tintied next week, just wondering if anybody else has put the clear bra on( especially on a black car) and how it came out. I hear 3M makes the best product.
Yep, had a custom 3M clear bra installed on my platinum V. Highly recommended.

TNT V
07-07-04, 04:52 PM
Yep, had a custom 3M clear bra installed on my platinum V. Highly recommended.What surfaces did they cover? :hmm:

DgtalPimp
07-07-04, 04:57 PM
Flat, curved, rounded, painted.

Dgtal (dgtalpimp@pimpdaddy.com)

GTS21
07-07-04, 05:04 PM
What surfaces did they cover? :hmm:
All of front bumper, leading edge of hood, leading edge of fenders, and side mirrors. They wrapped all edges where possible. I was quite pleased with the result. The same company did my 2002 Viper.

trekster
07-07-04, 05:16 PM
What does the clear bra do?

Vedder
07-07-04, 05:18 PM
Can you notice the difference, on or off?:hmm:

lasstss
07-07-04, 06:07 PM
I saw this on a C5. Looks great on a color. I dont like it on black as it has a visible line. Especially if you get wax around it. I will be doing the bra.... highway use only. YMMV

thebigjimsho
07-07-04, 09:15 PM
I actually have an appointment to get a clear bra installed on my '04 Town Car. But it's not 3M. It's made by Venture Tape. Their US headquarters is in Rockland, MA and the VP is a client of mine. He talked me into trying their system. He claims it's much clearer.

I'll see how it goes on the TC first. If it works well, I'll have it installed on the V. Once I get an idea on how well/badly it works, I'll let you know.

www.venturetape.com (http://www.venturetape.com/)

StealthV
07-07-04, 10:14 PM
My V has Llumar clear film on the front, about 12" up the hood, mirrors, etc. with a lifetime warranty. Cost was ~$450. http://www.llumar.com/na-eng/Automotive/auto-paint.html

From 5' away, the film line across the hood is invisible. Supposedly, it is more optically clear and won't yellow compared to the 3M material. Who knows exactly, I'm sure they're both good quality.

Remember all those high-res pictures I posted a little over a week ago - can you see the film? :)

Rich H
07-07-04, 11:05 PM
Had 3M clear film applied to my platinum V's front hood, fenders, back of mirrors, head/fog/parking lamps. Best $250 I've invested - already saved me rock chips on the hood & mirrors. 3M guarantees their film against UV yellowing and says it can be removed in one piece without harm to paint finish with no aging limit specified. We'll see.

Cal
07-08-04, 01:25 AM
I have had some chips and scuffing applied to the front of my CTS-V. The effect some $25 race rock-chip film applied to the front of a hot car melting through the clearcoat looks FABULOUS.