: Backordered Parts?

Caddy Man
03-21-09, 10:22 AM
Hi guys.

I bought my STS a few months ago, and have had to take care of some warranty work. I have also purchased some small items on my own from the parts counter at my Cadillac dealer.

I don't know if anyone has recently had to get new parts under warranty, on their own, or due to a collision accident, but most parts have been on backorder for WEEKS. I know GM is in bad shape right now, which is why this is occurring.

When I needed a new power steering pump, it took nearly 2 weeks to get it. I ordered a console trim piece and the small black plastic grab handle for the trunk on Feb. 20th, and they are still not available yet. My lumbar is messed up in my driver seat, and that part still has not arrived and its been several weeks. I need a new headlight since mine has a lot of water in it, and I just found out that it is on backorder. Who knows when I will get that...

Has anyone else recently had experience with this? I am used to getting parts in 1 day. This is getting very frustrating. I have never had this problem before with GM. I wish I knew when I got the car, figuring I'd get any issues fixed under warranty with my used car has been quite a headache. :bighead:

Superjim
03-21-09, 10:43 AM
My son took his 2007 GMC Sierra Denali in yesterday for a rear seal leaking on the transmission.

The seal was not in stock at the GMC dealer or (according to them) at any dealer in the entire Dallas / Fort Worth area.

They ordered the seal but do not know how long it will take to get it.

Enterprise gave him a 2009 Nissan Frontier to drive in the meantime.
He does NOT like the Nissan. :hmm:

Texas Jim

dkozloski
03-21-09, 11:46 AM
GM parts suppliers are facing bankruptcy. Many have already failed.