: How to remove overhead bezel?

n7don_srx
03-21-09, 10:58 AM
In searching I find there is a switched 12v source at the overheading rear wiper switch and to the rear view mirror. It isn't obvious how to remove the bezel to get at the wiring. I did remove the snap-in plug located in the bezel's center but didn't see any screws, etc. I didn't want to do much prying and risk cracking the plastic. Any info on it's removal would be appreciated. It's an 07.

srx05v8
03-21-09, 06:23 PM
In searching I find there is a switched 12v source at the overheading rear wiper switch and to the rear view mirror. It isn't obvious how to remove the bezel to get at the wiring. I did remove the snap-in plug located in the bezel's center but didn't see any screws, etc. I didn't want to do much prying and risk cracking the plastic. Any info on it's removal would be appreciated. It's an 07.

for 05, you just stick your fingers in and pull it out. There are quite a few firm retainers inside, so you have to use some real force (but don't overdo it - meaning if you break anything, don't blame me:-). The trouble I had was to put it back on. make sure the metal retainers are not left in the hole (chances are they will as they are sharp-pointed and are really firm. I had to use a plier to pull them out and put them back to where they should be. Then you just give it a firm push and it will snap back on.

n7don_srx
03-22-09, 09:15 AM
Thanks.... appreciate the reply. I was concerned about prying it off but couldn't see any other attachments. The 07 removal is the same as your 05
FWIW the rear wiper/washer switch has a 4 terminal blade-type connector. The yellow wire is a low amperage switched 12v source from one of the rear fuse blocks.