: Seat Time @ Roebling Road...Possible V-meet

Unkie Barrels
03-21-09, 09:52 AM
I had mentioned in an earlier thread that I would be attending a track event with a group called "Seat Time (http://www.seat-time.com/html/main.htm)". Since no one had heard of them and a search of the forum turned up nothing, I figured a review might help the community.

First of all, Seat Time only does track days at Roebling Road in Savannah, Ga. It's a great 2-mile road-course but may be too far for 70% of the guys on this forum. For those that are interested in a visit to this track, I highly recommend you consider going with Seat Time. They are very focused on safety, but have no problem with stuff like drivers switching cars, riding with other drivers, or instructors showing you what your car is capable of. I won't bore you with details of my personal experience so here's the bottom line:

lots of track time + low price + common sense rules + great support - @$#hole drivers and officials = Great Track Day

For those of you new to Track Events (like me), this is a great track to learn on and a great group to learn with. There is plenty of grass and sand to save you if you get off course and the instructors are informative without being condescending. If you sign up early enough to choose who you run with, I highly recommend Jeff. The difference in my car handling and confidence between my 1st and last session was night and day.

If anyone wants to go on Friday and/or Saturday of Easter Weekend, please let me know. I can get great deals on hotels through my business and would be glad to hook you up. It would be great to see some other V's there.

rekctsv
03-21-09, 04:06 PM
Sounds interesting, what is Savannah 3-4 hours from SC?

For almost the same price, there is a track a lot closer. Have you ever heard anything about this one? I have never been but thinking of trying it this year.

http://www.turnonetrackevents.com/index.php

Unkie Barrels
03-21-09, 06:33 PM
Sounds interesting, what is Savannah 3-4 hours from SC?

For almost the same price, there is a track a lot closer. Have you ever heard anything about this one? I have never been but thinking of trying it this year.

http://www.turnonetrackevents.com/index.php

That's Carolina Motorsports Park. I think it's a little faster and a bit more technical than Roebling with a few more places to get in trouble. I do plan on going there this summer, but I am going to go back to Roebling to work on my car control first. If you have some track time under your belt already, CMP is a good choice.

By the way, it took me 3 hrs to get to Roebling and I live in Greenville. What part of the state are you in?

thebigjimsho
03-21-09, 10:37 PM
Man, I need to move to the Southeast...

trukk
03-23-09, 02:50 PM
You NC/SC guys need to get up to VIR. You actually ahve to drive into NC to enter the track, so it's not as far as you think.

Unkie, have you gone to any other track days?

-Chris

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
03-23-09, 03:09 PM
And don't forget Vday3 at Summit Point June 29th (40-50 CTS-V's on track many more just hanging out and Andy Pilgrim driving a CTS-V race car)..........

Unkie Barrels
03-23-09, 04:39 PM
You NC/SC guys need to get up to VIR. You actually ahve to drive into NC to enter the track, so it's not as far as you think.

Unkie, have you gone to any other track days?

-Chris

No. I'm new to this. VIR and Road Atlanta are the two tracks I am most excited about, but I want to work on my skills a little more before I go.

Luke, I would love to be at V-Day but my wife is due to have our first child sometime in mid-June. I have to leave that month of my calendar open.

thebigjimsho
03-23-09, 11:48 PM
RoadAtlanta :bouncy:

VIR :drool: