: poor mans cam.....

ccextra1976
03-20-09, 07:10 PM
I still have 30K left under warranty...and was going to slap in a PatG cam and deal with the loss, until I did a little web surf'n as you can see below SLP makes a 1.85 ratio rocker package that will increase the intake lift to .600 and exhaust to .596 I know it's not as good as a cam ...the duration still stays the same etc but with simple warranty work the car will seem stock..unless they pull the valve covers for some crazy reason..I would obviously adjust the tune BUT i could set the tune back to factory and still have the car run decent..I have a trifecta tune module that allows me to switch programs back and forth via laptop...

anyone done this?
comments?
thoughts?

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=51186

ccextra1976
03-20-09, 11:16 PM
hope this link works:hmm:

http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=51186

Naf
03-21-09, 01:23 AM
Its a nice trick to get more lift, but you need more duration as well...Dont forget you need to get springs and install...

Katech, Jason, and LPE, Kevin, have nice cams... Talk to both and find the right part for your setup...the GT2-3 is one of the best for you can sc later with it...

Unkie Barrels
03-21-09, 07:50 AM
$1,100+ for 12 hp? No way.

The cam is definately more bang for the buck, and adding those 1.85 rockers might limit your cam choices when you are ready to ditch the warranty.

ccextra1976
03-21-09, 03:07 PM
O don't get me wrong here I'm not paying that much for some rocker arms and springs...more curious to see if anyone has done it, if so how much power did they gain etc..if someone did do it and the power gain was the same as a mild cam then I might consider it..(but find it cheaper)

Unkie Barrels
03-21-09, 05:24 PM
O don't get me wrong here I'm not paying that much for some rocker arms and springs...more curious to see if anyone has done it, if so how much power did they gain etc..if someone did do it and the power gain was the same as a mild cam then I might consider it..(but find it cheaper)

I am not the best person to ask, but since no one else is weighing in...

rocker arms are a fine-tuning item, and not really a power mod. You should get at least 40rwhp from a cam (at the very least) and you won't get more than 10-15 from rocker arms. Probably closer to 10. Show me a person who will say that rocker arms are a good value as a performance mod and I will show you someone who is trying to sell you rocker arms.

thebigjimsho
03-21-09, 09:33 PM
I thought this was going to about cameras for the track...

ccextra1976
03-21-09, 10:35 PM
I thought this was going to about cameras for the track...

got ya....I figured not many would remeber the term...

thebigjimsho
03-21-09, 10:41 PM
Do you remember?

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Do You Remember The Time