: Road Stories

ChiMick
07-07-04, 12:35 PM
This past weekend the redhead (A/K/A "She who must be obeyed") and I travelled over 1000 road miles in my 1990 SDV.

Our second night on the road we stopped for dinner at a restaraunt that I enjoy in Northern Michigan. As luck would have it, we got a wonderful "house parking" spot out front.

Imagine my horror when after dinner I discovered that someone had parked their absolutely cherry 1973 Eldorado Indy Pace car replica next to my car! My SDV looked definitely second rate after being on the road all day; and to add insult to injury, my "loving" girlfriend ogled the Eldo and said "Now that's a Cadillac!".

Needless to say when we came back from our trip I gave my SDV a good bath and a waxing!

Anyone else have stories from the road to share?

T_Dogg8
07-07-04, 02:47 PM
my "loving" girlfriend ogled the Eldo and said "Now that's a Cadillac!".
wow. that sucks. why didn't she just kick you in the nuts while she was at it?? probably would have been easier to take. :)

AirJigga25
07-08-04, 08:53 AM
This past weekend the redhead (A/K/A "She who must be obeyed") and I travelled over 1000 road miles in my 1990 SDV.

Our second night on the road we stopped for dinner at a restaraunt that I enjoy in Northern Michigan. As luck would have it, we got a wonderful "house parking" spot out front.

Imagine my horror when after dinner I discovered that someone had parked their absolutely cherry 1973 Eldorado Indy Pace car replica next to my car! My SDV looked definitely second rate after being on the road all day; and to add insult to injury, my "loving" girlfriend ogled the Eldo and said "Now that's a Cadillac!".

Needless to say when we came back from our trip I gave my SDV a good bath and a waxing!

Anyone else have stories from the road to share?
Northern Michigan?? Near Marquette?

I have a funny story about Northern Michigan,

So my brother, myself, and my friend go into a bar in Marquette. It's 50 cent beer night (busch bottles :bonkers: ). He gives the bartender chick a 5 dollar bill and says, we'll take 9...he doesn't forget to give her a wink and say, "buy one for yourself while your at it honey" with a big smirk on his face.

I was dying laughing.