: Pretty Please!

nmaier2201
03-20-09, 12:10 PM
So I really need some stockers, as mine are ruined and leaking...

Just for the record I'm planning on buying these... so can you guys NOT drive up the price on me? unless of course this auction is by a forum member... in which case I hope you get the most $ you can for them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-CTS-V-CTS-STS-18-FACTORY-ALLOY-WHEELS-RIMS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a 2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q 3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZite m390038584806QQitemZ390038584806QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ 5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

SkullV
03-20-09, 12:30 PM
Not gonna lie man....I'm probably making a run at these too...I really want a set of track rims. Unless you have 3 that don't leak but are in any cosmetic condition..that I will buy off of you...

odla
03-20-09, 12:31 PM
are all 4 of you wheels bad? im looking for a spare that wont leak. if you win the bid maybe we can work something out.

814V
03-20-09, 01:10 PM
damn.. i thought i stole mine @ $300 for the set

Kmajecki
03-20-09, 02:16 PM
Aw ha! I just beat both of you to it. I dont even need the wheels but that's a good deal. Saw the pic with their box truck, called the phone # on the side, and offered $225 because "i need them asap". Done deal, shipping today....suckuhs!

edit: totally kidding. I wouldnt do that to a fellow forum member, I mean come on, he said pretty please :)

nmaier2201
03-20-09, 02:20 PM
holy (#*$ I read that and my jaw fell open until I saw the edit... you got me good. DANG!

nmaier2201
03-20-09, 02:21 PM
damn.. i thought i stole mine @ $300 for the set

300 bucks? you DID steal those.

nmaier2201
03-20-09, 02:23 PM
are all 4 of you wheels bad? im looking for a spare that wont leak. if you win the bid maybe we can work something out.

No, all 4 of mine are not leaking. I have had two of them sealed with that tar and a third one is starting to lose air.

The last one is fine... they are chrome plated stockers... with a **** chrome job that just peeled. So I suppose they would work well as a spare

Honestly I want to sand blast them and powdercoat em. But if enough people want spares... I suppose I could sandblast em and powdercoat em and let them go

liqidvenom
03-20-09, 02:27 PM
well if you are looking to just buy them to pc and sell then let me buy them and get them fixed to have. I wouldnt mind getting 2 widened and them all pc black if possible.

nmaier2201
03-20-09, 02:28 PM
Not gonna lie man....I'm probably making a run at these too...I really want a set of track rims. Unless you have 3 that don't leak but are in any cosmetic condition..that I will buy off of you...

stockers for track wheels? If they are for the track I'd get the GM accessory wheels or the mille miglia.. they are lighter and that's what most people track with.

I can't stop you for bidding on them... but given the fact that I need em.... I'm pry willing to spend more than you are for track wheels... so why bother and cost me more money :devilheh:

If only I was a Jedi.... "You don't need stockers for track wheels.... you don't need these wheels at all"

Just kidding. If you wanna bid on em go ahead. I really can't stop you....and it's not worth it to me to make enemies over a pair of wheels :hmm:

nmaier2201
03-20-09, 02:29 PM
well if you are looking to just buy them to pc and sell then let me buy them and get them fixed to have. I wouldnt mind getting 2 widened and them all pc black if possible.

that's not it at all. I want to buy these to use DD.

The crappy ruined ones currently on my V I want to sandblast and PC to see if I can save them.... but the jury is out on that one.

50 4Ever
03-20-09, 02:57 PM
No, all 4 of mine are not leaking. I have had two of them sealed with that tar and a third one is starting to lose air.

The last one is fine... they are chrome plated stockers... with a **** chrome job that just peeled. So I suppose they would work well as a spare

Honestly I want to sand blast them and powdercoat em. But if enough people want spares... I suppose I could sandblast em and powdercoat em and let them go

I bought 4 chromed stockers from a used to be forum member (Cadillac dealer sent new wheels to Luxury Plating to get chromed). Two wheels started leaking, inner bead was peeling, sealed with tar. Lasted 6 months then they started leaking 10 pounds a week, then a third wheel started leaking, then a 4th. I had my original stockers chromed at a reputable place and still have the crap chromed stockers.

DO NOT use nmaier2201's wheels for a spare, even if it is not leaking now there is a kigh probability that it will leak in the future because of a bad chrome job. Sandblasting and powder coating them might not be a bad idea but I think to remove the chrome takes an acid bath and I don't think it is cheap.

nmaier2201, keep us imformed on what you do with the old wheels.

nmaier2201
03-20-09, 03:00 PM
Thank you 50 4Ever. That's why I said I wanted them sandblasted and Powdercoated 1st to see if they could be saved.... in their current state I can't imagine them used for a spare... they don't hold air now! :)

I do have a sandblasting tank so I figured if I can get a real set for my DD... then I can try and save these ruined ones.... but until they get refinished I wouldn't give these to anyone except my worst enemy.... thus the reason I need the ones in this auction:)

50 4Ever
03-20-09, 03:10 PM
Thank you 50 4Ever. That's why I said I wanted them sandblasted and Powdercoated 1st to see if they could be saved.... in their current state I can't imagine them used for a spare... they don't hold air now! :)

I do have a sandblasting tank so I figured if I can get a real set for my DD... then I can try and save these ruined ones.... but until they get refinished I wouldn't give these to anyone except my worst enemy.... thus the reason I need the ones in this auction:)

Good luck on the auction, I paid $175 for one wheel (for a spare) a couple of years ago. This looks like a good deal if no one else bids...

:highfive:

nmaier2201
03-20-09, 03:15 PM
Ahh you know more people will bid on them :( plus it'll be another 100 bucks to ship em... But yeah I'm willing to pay through the nose if I have to... I can't keep airing my car up everyday... and I can't drive like I normally do with an air pig in the trunk rolling around... I gotta change it back to stock.

lollygagger8
03-20-09, 03:34 PM
Those ones on ebay look like they have lots of rash

nmaier2201
03-20-09, 03:37 PM
yeah they do!

Kmajecki
03-20-09, 03:50 PM
Take my idea then... Here's the number from the side of the truck, maybe they'll end it early for ya :)

Kmajecki
03-20-09, 03:52 PM
holy (#*$ I read that and my jaw fell open until I saw the edit... you got me good. DANG!

lol yea i figured the "i dont even need them but it's a good deal" was some added salt to the wound :D

814V
03-20-09, 05:14 PM
300 bucks? you DID steal those.

i am in to mine for $900 including purchase, refinish, paint, and tires

nmaier2201
03-20-09, 06:01 PM
i am in to mine for $900 including purchase, refinish, paint, and tires

Yeah I hear you there. These don't have TPMS, or rubber... and 3 of them are rashed up... but if they hold air... that's all I need for now while the wheeldude brews up some new wheels :sneaky:

OldRoadDawg
03-20-09, 06:19 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=5044

Jon
03-20-09, 08:35 PM
I paid $950 for a set of 4 take offs last year. They were off a '07 and had 5 miles on them. Brand new wheels, brand new OEM tires, sensors, and center caps.

814V
03-21-09, 01:30 AM
thats a deal

nmaier2201
03-21-09, 12:13 PM
canadian dollars? That's an even better deal!

You wanna sell em? :)

SkullV
03-22-09, 07:56 PM
Well...I placed a bid for $400 and someone elses autobid was already higher...now they are out of my price range for rashed up stockers with no TPMS....good luck guys!

p.s. if a mod reads this I renewed my supporting membership a week ago and it still hasnt showed up!

nmaier2201
03-22-09, 08:12 PM
dang it... I also had a 400 dollar bid for it and got knocked out with less than a minut left! BOOOO

Well they were rashed up pretty bad.... (I'm trying to console myself :)

Skull, I saw you also were interested in RoadDawgs accessory wheels.... what's the story on that? I'm running out of options, but I'm not sure I can trade one pitted set of wheels for another... I'm trying to avoid leaky wheels..... but chrome does look so good on our cars.... you were looking for track wheels right? You might be a better fit for them than I am... let me know

nmaier2201
03-22-09, 08:13 PM
Jon.... you wanna sell those take offs? :) what's your other set? wanna sell those? :)

SkullV
03-23-09, 01:13 AM
dang it... I also had a 400 dollar bid for it and got knocked out with less than a minut left! BOOOO

Well they were rashed up pretty bad.... (I'm trying to console myself :)

Skull, I saw you also were interested in RoadDawgs accessory wheels.... what's the story on that? I'm running out of options, but I'm not sure I can trade one pitted set of wheels for another... I'm trying to avoid leaky wheels..... but chrome does look so good on our cars.... you were looking for track wheels right? You might be a better fit for them than I am... let me know

Those are kind of out of my price range for pitted wheels too...if I am going to spend that much on a set of wheels i can get the brand new rotas for $860. If you want them then go ahead.

Jon
03-23-09, 02:52 AM
Jon.... you wanna sell those take offs? :) what's your other set? wanna sell those? :)
I have 3 sets of wheels for my car. Need them all lol. Sorry

Cleaner13
03-23-09, 09:09 AM
why dont people here fix their stock rims when they leak?I have all of my stockers and when they started to leak, I didnt run out and buy new rims.....

nmaier2201
03-23-09, 10:43 AM
I do want to fix my stock crappily chrome plated wheels that are pitted and nasty. I have a sandblasting tank, and I need to find something to chemically strip chrome, then I can blast them and get them powdercoated... but that takes time... and the V is my dailey driver. So I need a set of wheels to "hold me over" while I complete the refinish/repair of my leaky wheels.

I hope the "fix" you were talking about was not the rubber selant the tireplaces coat your wheels with... that's only a band-aid... and a crappy one at that. If you were talking about another fix... please share :)

Cleaner13
03-23-09, 08:52 PM
Ok if I assuming what the problem is correctly, its that the wheels are slightly leaking air, if thats correct I will continue and if its not, please let me know the real problem.My wheels were leaking air around where the tire bead locks in. The problem with this is because our rims are aluminum and if the tires are not installed right, some places use water to seal the rim, instead of the whitish gray grease.What this causes is the aluminum to oxides with a slightly hazed film where the water was. The result is the tire not sealing like it should.The fix is very simple, take a piece of 180 grit sand paper and clean off the haze and sand the inside of the wheel down til it would make a good seal. This is where the bead of the tire compresses against the wheel on the inside, its not visible and should only take you an hour or so to do it.This is what I did after having 3 tires lose air and constant refilling, my father just happens to actually have an autobody so I did all the stuff there. So far I have over 5K miles and no sign of any problems...I hope this helps