: Huge Meet 3/29/09 in NJ

jayanticoli
03-20-09, 01:07 PM
there will be a huuuuuuuge meet at Garden state plaza mall on sunday March 29th at 11am ...suppose to be well over 500 plus cars showing up...multiple import..euro...and domestic forums have been talking this up for over a mth and there will be a very large turnout from all of them...the mall is located off rte 1 in paramus nj...right off the garden state parkway....anyone in the area should definatley come out!

shadybx7
03-20-09, 01:16 PM
where in the plaza is this going to be??

jayanticoli
03-20-09, 01:24 PM
i believe right near the entrance off rte 1...there is a very large lot towards the left there...but to be honest i'm not sure exactly where there is suppose to be some giveaways and a few vendors there also becuase of the size of the meet

Twitch
03-20-09, 01:25 PM
WOW something actually close to me!!! :bouncy:
We should deff meet up before we get there. Keep all the Vs together.

Tony

jayanticoli
03-20-09, 01:35 PM
well i orginally heard of this through a freind who has a e46 m3...he is meeting all his euro buddies at menlo mall at 930 and then we are all caravaning over to garden state ...so it would be awesome to mee with you before then...on a side note i'm having my hotchkis sways installed on tuesday how do u like them?

Tony

SoJersey05V
03-20-09, 01:39 PM
count me in!

Slithering_Joe
03-20-09, 04:41 PM
Me too.

Twitch
03-20-09, 04:42 PM
well i orginally heard of this through a freind who has a e46 m3...he is meeting all his euro buddies at menlo mall at 930 and then we are all caravaning over to garden state ...so it would be awesome to mee with you before then...on a side note i'm having my hotchkis sways installed on tuesday how do u like them?
Sounds good.
Normal driving, the car felt the same. I guess when you get more agressive, or hit the track, you start to feel them.

jnrandall
03-20-09, 04:56 PM

Tony

I don't mean to thread jack....:hijacked:

Don't forget every Sunday morning at Captree in L.I. Week before last there were 5-V1s and 2-V2s. Last weekend there were 3-V1s and 2-V2s. As the weather gets warmer, they'll be more. There are approximately 200-500 cars there weekly. Every make, model you can think of. From a late model Enzo to a 1929 Dusenburg - you'll see them all.

Jesse

Twitch
03-20-09, 05:02 PM

Don't forget every Sunday morning at Captree in L.I. Week before last there were 5-V1s and 2-V2s. Last weekend there were 3-V1s and 2-V2s. As the weather gets warmer, they'll be more. There are approximately 200-500 cars there weekly. Every make, model you can think of. From a late model Enzo to a 1929 Dusenburg - you'll see them all.

Jesse
True, gotta get my lazy ass out there.

jclayc
03-20-09, 05:16 PM
Nice, I'd be up for a trip to the GS Plaza. Me (and my '05V) will be there.

thebigjimsho
03-20-09, 06:02 PM
can I bring my Town Car? :o

liqidvenom
03-20-09, 06:15 PM

Jesse

I would like to go to this one but i dont wake up that early on sundays... i havent seen the sun on a sunday in a while.

also the plaza is off rt 4 and rt 17. rt 1 is no where near it, but im going to stopping by that meet. I live like 5 mins from there and wouldnt mind meeting up with you guys.

IceDigger
03-20-09, 07:09 PM
How far are you from Bucks County, PA?

FactoryFast
03-20-09, 09:10 PM
Im like 17 minutes from the Sheraton on Rt 17 so im close. I have plans with out of town friends but they arent solid yet. I have work in Stamford CT @ 4pm so ivce got time to chill. Ill drive further south if thats where the initial V meet is gonna be...lets figure this one out.

Washin
03-20-09, 09:29 PM
I will be there with my friend and his orange Lambo. I will be bringing along some extra V flags for anyone who wants one and hasn't bought one yet. See you there :2thumbs:

jayanticoli
03-21-09, 09:04 AM
hopefully this will be a good turnout from the V crowd

atdeneve
03-21-09, 05:04 PM
also the plaza is off rt 4 and rt 17. rt 1 is no where near it, but im going to stopping by that meet. I live like 5 mins from there and wouldnt mind meeting up with you guys.

What he sayz.

thebigjimsho
03-21-09, 10:28 PM
Sunday mornings? heathens...

liqidvenom
03-22-09, 01:59 PM
you driving down jim? if so swing by quincy market and pick me up some bacon wrapped bbq chicken on a stick.

ahahnu
03-22-09, 04:04 PM
I have to work, won't be making it. If you're still there after 5....

thebigjimsho
03-22-09, 08:28 PM
Once the roads are clear and I get mah V up and running, I'll drive down, no question. But not on a Sunday morning...

lilgCTS-V
03-22-09, 08:36 PM
FINALLY i am soooo in. I've been waiting for a meet in new jersey close to me.

hXc95SLS
03-22-09, 09:57 PM
hopefully my v will be done in time

thebigjimsho
03-22-09, 10:23 PM
hopefully...

ahahnu
03-23-09, 09:14 PM
It's supposed to rain all weekend.

thebigjimsho
03-24-09, 12:01 AM
p00p.

Twitch
03-24-09, 09:23 AM
Almost forgot about this. Somebody post up meeting info. What time and address. Or, if you can, post up a mapquest.

Tony

shadybx7
03-24-09, 11:46 AM
http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii384/shadybx7/gardenstateplaza.jpg
I'm guessing its either going to be in the lot i marked as A or E ..

shadybx7
03-24-09, 11:52 AM
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=639838 mad euro

thebigjimsho
03-24-09, 01:14 PM
sounds crazy...

sefa01
03-24-09, 02:27 PM
Guys, this isn't really a car show. A BMW group is having a meet and has invited other imports to come. As far as I know, they don't have even have a permit. There may be a lot of cars there, but probably for a short while. They are going on cruises--one to Bear Mountain and one to the Brunswick area. I've seen plenty of BMWs in my life (and have owned an M Roadster, 840 and 535) and don't need to see more--or have them put down our Vs.

Let me suggest an alternative: If there are enough Vs and enough interest, let's have our own cruise. I know some great roads up into Rockland and Orange County. We could have a nice 2-hour or so cruise and then have lunch at The Stadium--a combination restaurant/sports museum in Garrison, NY. This place is fabulous with more than $4million of sports memorabilia--including Mickey Mantle's triple crown trophy, 3 Heisman trophies, etc., etc. The web site is http://www.stadiumbarrest.com/

My thought would to meet up at the Montvale Rest Area of the Garden State Parkway about 9:30 or so (the Montvale one is about 3 miles past Exit 168)

Post up if you have an interest in this. And if you can't make it for March 29, we could do it on the following Sunday, April 5.

If we get 6 or more Vs as definites for either date, I'll put it together.

thebigjimsho
03-24-09, 03:53 PM
Guys, this isn't really a car show. A BMW group is having a meet and has invited other imports to come. As far as I know, they don't have even have a permit. There may be a lot of cars there, but probably for a short while. They are going on cruises--one to Bear Mountain and one to the Brunswick area. I've seen plenty of BMWs in my life (and have owned an M Roadster, 840 and 535) and don't need to see more--or have them put down our Vs.

Let me suggest an alternative: If there are enough Vs and enough interest, let's have our own cruise. I know some great roads up into Rockland and Orange County. We could have a nice 2-hour or so cruise and then have lunch at The Stadium--a combination restaurant/sports museum in Garrison, NY. This place is fabulous with more than $4million of sports memorabilia--including Mickey Mantle's triple crown trophy, 3 Heisman trophies, etc., etc. The web site is http://www.stadiumbarrest.com/

My thought would to meet up at the Montvale Rest Area of the Garden State Parkway about 9:30 or so (the Montvale one is about 3 miles past Exit 168)

Post up if you have an interest in this. And if you can't make it for March 29, we could do it on the following Sunday, April 5.

If we get 6 or more Vs as definites for either date, I'll put it together.If you guys ever do this on a Saturday, I'd love to come. North Jersey/upstate NY is nothing for me to drive to...

ahahnu
03-24-09, 06:49 PM
We just got to plan it out in advance if possible so I can take off.

thebigjimsho
03-24-09, 08:05 PM
such a tireless worker...

sefa01
03-24-09, 08:52 PM
I don't mind putting this together for a Saturday. We do a lot of cruises and runs (there IS a difference) with the corvetteforum and they are usually on Sundays because it's easier for most people.

As I said before, if we get 6 Vs or more willing to commit for a Saturday or Sunday I'll put it together.

In fact, maybe I'll put a new thread up for those who may not see these posts.

ahahnu
03-24-09, 11:17 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I tried to meet up with you doing this once before, but again work. I just made the schedule for the next three weeks so... April 19th or 26th?

thebigjimsho
03-24-09, 11:58 PM
Sundays wouldn't work for me. The 18th doesn't work because I have a wedding to go to.

sefa01
03-25-09, 12:55 AM
Sounds like a good idea. I tried to meet up with you doing this once before, but again work. I just made the schedule for the next three weeks so... April 19th or 26th?

I'd love to see Big Jim join us. But he can only do Saturday. Can you?

Actually, let's see who else is interested and what works best for the majority.

And finally, the 19th won't work for me since I'll be at Fenway Park the night before. As Jim knows, I've been a life-long Red Sox fan--although I've mostly been surrounded by Yankee fans since I moved to New Jersey 31 years ago.

Twitch
03-25-09, 03:09 AM
I can do every other Saturday.

jayanticoli
03-25-09, 09:11 AM
sefa01 dont jack the thread....there will be alot of different vehicles there and from what i am told there is permits and they have spoken to the appropriate officials to have this go on without any problems....actually there is supposed to be a couple vendors and magazine people there too...yes though it is a euro based meet but an enthusiast is an enthusiast...i'm actually rolling down there with 2 bimmers...1 blown c6...a 95 supra...a turbo'd s2000...and 2 bikes so that said as long as the weather holds up......WHO'S WITH ME???!!!!!:bouncy:

Slithering_Joe
03-25-09, 10:21 AM
Weather permitting, I will make it Sunday.

(I'm interested in other meets as well.)

Twitch
03-25-09, 05:24 PM
I'm in for Sunday. If we can get something V specific going, that's prefered. But I will be out, to whatever event is going on.

Tony

shadybx7
03-25-09, 08:17 PM
im down for something in the summer, I work weekends this time of year

ahahnu
03-25-09, 08:56 PM

I just have to make sure no one else is off. As long as I don't take too many Saturdays or Sundays either way it's cool. It's just tough since there are so many things to do on the weekends I have to be picky. Short story, Saturday works for me.

liqidvenom
03-25-09, 09:03 PM
how about we just focus on getting v guys out to the meet on the 29th?

FactoryFast
03-26-09, 12:13 AM
Im looking into swapping with a coworker so I can get Sunday off and enjoy a full day off instead of scrambling off to work in the early afternoon.

I think we should commence with meeting at the original spot and if things get hostile we can get mo-bile. By that I mean move to our own side of the lot. I would hate for this whole V specific thing to get lost in translation here. Im looking forward to meeting up. Lets meet at the plaza mall and go from there. I live in Orange County right by Woodbury commons and my buddy who is comming knows all the bear mountain runs should some of us want to go for a ride. Im down for Sunday...lets keep it that way.

Can the OP create an In list...because im in. :woot2:

thebigjimsho
03-26-09, 01:14 AM

Actually, let's see who else is interested and what works best for the majority.

And finally, the 19th won't work for me since I'll be at Fenway Park the night before. As Jim knows, I've been a life-long Red Sox fan--although I've mostly been surrounded by Yankee fans since I moved to New Jersey 31 years ago.
Awesome! It still doesn't feel like baseball season yet...

Twitch
03-26-09, 08:00 AM
Can the OP create an In list...because im in. :woot2:
And a confirmed time and exact meeting spot.

jayanticoli
03-26-09, 12:58 PM
ok fellas
Whoever is still in there will be two possible meeting spots(weather permitting)
Menlo park mall would be the first...930 am sunday morning at the top of the parking deck
me and my frineds that are leaving from the easton area are going there to meet some other people first

we are then leaving there after som b.s. time and heading down the parkway to garden state plaza to rendevous with all the other people by 11am

anyone who is still in please post name in thread and repost accordingly with updated listing

jayanticoli 05' V

FactoryFast
03-26-09, 01:51 PM
FactoryFast aka Mike is in!!! Please put Navi address of meet spot. NOT TOO FAR FROM THE Gardent State Plaza!!! Im comming fromup north, if its more than 1.5hrs away im not comming.

Also, looks like 80% chance of rain...but doesnt seem like alot will fall...

Slithering_Joe
03-26-09, 01:56 PM
ok fellas
Whoever is still in there will be two possible meeting spots(weather permitting)...me and my frineds that are leaving from the easton area are going there to meet some other people first

we are then leaving there after som b.s. time and heading down the parkway to garden state plaza to rendevous with all the other people by 11am

anyone who is still in please post name in thread and repost accordingly with updated listing

jayanticoli 05' V

Weather permitting, I'll be at the Garden State Plaza at 11:00. I'll see about the 9:30 meet.

BigJim, no chance on being there Sunday?

FactoryFast
03-26-09, 02:34 PM
No way im waking up to be out the door @ 8am on a day off. Ill meet you guys @ 11 in the Garden State Plaza lot...

thebigjimsho
03-26-09, 02:45 PM
Weather permitting, I'll be at the Garden State Plaza at 11:00. I'll see about the 9:30 meet.

BigJim, no chance on being there Sunday?
Nope, sorry guys. No V yet and Sundays are bad for me...

liqidvenom
03-26-09, 03:18 PM
No way im waking up to be out the door @ 8am on a day off. Ill meet you guys @ 11 in the Garden State Plaza lot...

im with this guy.... i dont even wake up @11 on my weekends unless its something urgent.

c4ss
03-26-09, 03:59 PM
Haven't been on in a few days and finally saw this thread. I'm probably in for this as well. As everyone else is saying though, I'll probably be there a little later. My plan would be to wake up and see how hard it's raining out and then go from there. I'm also only 20 minutes away though.

FactoryFast
03-26-09, 07:09 PM
OK, just confirmed I have the day off Sunday :woot:
hopefully its just more overcast than anything else. Im not gonna let a little percipitation mess with my good time...or I just get to sleep in. Its a win win for me gentlemen.
:thumbsup:

FactoryFast
03-28-09, 09:44 PM
Just got back from the go carts with a bunch of locals. Ill be meeting up with quite a few cars and driving down to the Garden State...my buddy on e46fanatics said its a huge BMW meet with all kinds of other cars...should be a blast.

FactoryFast
03-29-09, 10:39 AM
too rainy lookin...im stayin home.

liqidvenom
03-29-09, 11:24 AM
im 5mins from the mall and i can say it isnt raining here at all, plus the mall has parking decks

liqidvenom
03-29-09, 01:42 PM
for those still on the fence im heading there and i hear a shit load of people showed up

c4ss
03-29-09, 02:43 PM
It's pouring by me and I just washed my V the other day. It's nice and warm in the garage. On that note I'm probably going to sit this one out as well. Next time though, for sure.

atdeneve
03-29-09, 03:55 PM
I passed by there and didn't even think to look over, but, oddly enough, neither 17 or 4 was packed, at all...

Weather was bleh.

sefa01
03-29-09, 04:23 PM
Well, if they didn't get 500 cars, they came close. Almost all of the Beemers and ricers were pretty boring (noted exception of 2 GT-Rs), but it was great to get together (again) with Twitch and to meet Slithering Joe. There was a 4th V there from Easton, PA. Didn't catch his name, but nice guy.

Twitch
03-29-09, 04:41 PM
It was cool. Great to see some V guys. And I'm glad I got school my nephews on what exactly is rice.
I wasn't very impressed, but deff not a waste of time. Anybody see the white STI hatchback with gold rims? Nicely done. Don't much about them, but whatever mods he did, they look like they belong on the car.

thebigjimsho
03-29-09, 05:05 PM
glad you guys had fun...

lilgCTS-V
03-29-09, 05:10 PM
so pist i didnt go...the weather wasnt lookin to good so i stayed home. hopefully there will be a meet down the shore somewhere this summer or sooner.

MauiV
03-29-09, 05:20 PM
There are some SICK WRXs running around. I know of more than one around here thats in the 9s.

thebigjimsho
03-29-09, 05:28 PM
but what's its skidpad number? :lildevil:

Slithering_Joe
03-29-09, 06:40 PM
It was cool. Great to see some V guys. And I'm glad I got school my nephews on what exactly is rice.
I wasn't very impressed, but deff not a waste of time. Anybody see the white STI hatchback with gold rims? Nicely done. Don't much about them, but whatever mods he did, they look like they belong on the car.

Well, if they didn't get 500 cars, they came close. Almost all of the Beemers and ricers were pretty boring (noted exception of 2 GT-Rs), but it was great to get together (again) with Twitch and to meet Slithering Joe. There was a 4th V there from Easton, PA. Didn't catch his name, but nice guy.

It was great to meet you guys. The guy from Easton was named Jason. That was definitely an opportunity to see what rice is all about. Hopefully there will be another time to see some more V owners come out. For a somewhat rainy day, I surprised to see that many cars showed up.

liqidvenom
03-29-09, 06:42 PM
yeah they said something like 400+ cars were there.

i saw like 3-4 v's and a silver one with tint from pa. my car was park near my friends sky redline. shame i didnt get to meet any of you guys though.

FactoryFast
03-30-09, 09:33 PM
I got 3 calls from unrelated individuals at the event asking me if I was there. Apparently there was another bald guy driving a Silver V.

I was toying with the idea of going after the calls started comming in but nobody said it was worth it so I stayed home and had a productive day. Im looking forward to meeting up with my V brethren as soon as we can organize it.