: 2004 Nav

telemon24
03-20-09, 10:49 AM
I have a 2004 SRX and the navitgation is horrible on it, it cant even get me home and my neighborhood is at least 30yrs old!! Would buying a updated disk solve the problem, or should I just get a Garmin. One would think on suck a "luxury" vehicle the navigation would be at least as good as the one on my cell phone

George Ware
03-21-09, 02:30 AM
Mine works fine here in Texas
My DVD was very old so we bought the latest verison last year.
It's a little different from my 08 Corvette, but if I buy an 08 SRX I'd want the nav system in it.

George Ware

srx05v8
03-21-09, 07:46 AM
Yep, you need a DVD update. Believe it or not, the one on the cellphone is often more up-to-date than any luxury car nav because it's updated constantly without your knowing it. The other night I was driving to a new restaurant and realized I could use some help from my SRX nav, only to find out that the entire area was a new development. had to give up when the wife became truly suspicious that I was lost... Then I realized I could use the GPS on my iPhone or GoogleMap (but then I was so frustrated that my luxury car couldn't help me out that I didn't realize the above until after the dinner, in a place I always go to!)