: Corsa Exhaust - Arriving!!!

JTHennessey
03-19-09, 08:37 PM
We got our first shipment of Corsa Exhaust systems arriving on Monday! They shipped today!

If you would like to get them, give me a call at the shop at 979-885-1300, email me directly at james@hennesseyperformance.com or order online directly at http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com/copeex2.html

We will be taking alot of photos and sound clips on Monday/Tuesday when the unit arrives and is installed.

Speak to you soon,
James

chris1268
03-20-09, 10:22 AM
Is it a whole catback system or just the mufflers?

JTHennessey
03-20-09, 10:35 AM
Full catback exhaust system.

cavemantrader
03-21-09, 01:36 PM
James,
I'm in Houston and eager to hear how this works out.

Please post the videos and photos as soon as you get them.

Thanks,
Dave

haterinc
03-21-09, 02:12 PM
Is Hennessey going to put the intake, headers, and corsa cans into a package price? Obv don't need the cat back w ARs

GM-4-LIFE
03-21-09, 02:52 PM
I am going with the W4M intake, AR long tube headers and possibly the Corsa system, but just the Corsa manufactured system.

I spoke with Paul Santiago at Corsa yesterday and he indicated Corsa part # 14940 (2009 CTS-V System) will be shipping within 3 weeks and it isn't a cat-back system. It is an axle back system which is all I really need when going with the AR long tube headers.

I would be going with the Hennessey intake if it was priced a bit less. It is double the price over W4M's intake.

After all the mods, I am having the car dyno tuned by DTS in Reseda, CA.

SG

Luna.
03-21-09, 03:05 PM
I am going with the W4M intake, AR long tube headers and possibly the Corsa system, but just the Corsa manufactured system.

I spoke with Paul Santiago at Corsa yesterday and he indicated Corsa part # 14940 (2009 CTS-V System) will be shipping within 3 weeks and it isn't a cat-back system. It is an axle back system which is all I really need when going with the AR long tube headers.

I would be going with the Hennessey intake if it was priced a bit less. It is double the price over W4M's intake.

SG

Thanks Aero--that was exactly my question and probably the exact same route I'm going to go. I'm seriously considering changing a pulley to increase the boost though... :D

I can't seem to find a crank pulley that does the trick though... :crying2:

GM-4-LIFE
03-21-09, 03:16 PM
Thanks Aero--that was exactly my question and probably the exact same route I'm going to go. I'm seriously considering changing a pulley to increase the boost though... :D

I can't seem to find a crank pulley that does the trick though... :crying2:

Luna,

W4M (Jes) will have the smaller blower pulley 2.55 lb. soon and that alone will really give the V power, but before I do that, I will do all the typical bolt-on mods before going with the pulley. Once you replace the stock blower pulley, you have to go with a different belt as well.

Let's just hope all the mods we do to our cars don't damage anything and void our warranties!

SG

JTHennessey
03-21-09, 03:44 PM
James,
I'm in Houston and eager to hear how this works out.

Please post the videos and photos as soon as you get them.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave... you got it sir... Should be very soon.

Is Hennessey going to put the intake, headers, and corsa cans into a package price? Obv don't need the cat back w ARs

We can offer a package when the items are all instock... Give me a call at the shop. 979-885-1300

SG

Our intake is dyno proven and actually replaces the entire stock system. Others on the market are reusing the stock airbox and maf location. We spend alot of time with our R & D, hence why our intake has shown gains of over 15rwhp on a stock CTS-V.

GM-4-LIFE
03-21-09, 05:14 PM
JTHennessey,

Sent you a PM!

SG

cavemantrader
03-25-09, 06:19 PM
any updates on Corsa progress?

Thanks

JTHennessey
03-25-09, 06:55 PM
Hey guys... VERY sorry I have not been on the forums of late. We have the Texas Mile this week and have been short handed in the front office...

Back to the main info... Corsa was delayed on the shipment from OH and/or miscommunication. The test exhaust shipped yesterday and will be here on 3/30. Our additional exhausts will be shipping on 3/31 and will arrive 4 days later (based off this shipment). Stay on the edge of your seats, this is exciting stuff!

Luna.
03-25-09, 07:09 PM
Luna,

W4M (Jes) will have the smaller blower pulley 2.55 lb. soon and that alone will really give the V power, but before I do that, I will do all the typical bolt-on mods before going with the pulley. Once you replace the stock blower pulley, you have to go with a different belt as well.

Let's just hope all the mods we do to our cars don't damage anything and void our warranties!

SG

Does changing to a smaller blower pulley concern you from the perspective of belt-slip? I think the belt-slip issue I had on my '05 maggied V is rearing its ugly head, but I HATE having to worry about that (hate even more actually experiencing it), to say nothing about the difficulty in changing that...

Further, changing the blower pulley to a smaller one seems much harder than merely changing the crank pulley. Is it the lack of the availability of a crank pulley that makes you not consider this option? Other?

Just asking is all, since it seems like we might do similar mods... :lildevil:

I'm very seriously considering going with forged pistons as well. It's not that expensive and would provide a significant decrease in concern about the motor...

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-26-09, 10:20 AM
Corsa Exhaust = :yawn:

Dave Golder
03-28-09, 01:33 AM
Does changing to a smaller blower pulley concern you from the perspective of belt-slip? I think the belt-slip issue I had on my '05 maggied V is rearing its ugly head, but I HATE having to worry about that (hate even more actually experiencing it), to say nothing about the difficulty in changing that...

Further, changing the blower pulley to a smaller one seems much harder than merely changing the crank pulley. Is it the lack of the availability of a crank pulley that makes you not consider this option? Other?

I'm very seriously considering going with forged pistons as well. It's not that expensive and would provide a significant decrease in concern about the motor...

Absolutely zero slippage on the blower pulley. My car has 4700 miles on it, maybe 4200 since we did the pulley and no problems at all. Plus I am hard on the car and always giving customers rides on our drag strip. You will love it!

undertaker
03-28-09, 03:10 AM

I honestly wouldn't bother with teh forged pistons, I doubt the stock supercharger will make more boost than the stock pistons can handle with an adequate tune, I'd do methanol long before pulling the motor to change pistons (and you might as well do rods and fasteners on the bottom end while you're in there)

better ways to make the power with less cash laid out in my experience....kinda overkill and unnecessary.

JTHennessey
03-30-09, 02:54 PM
Plus I am hard on the car and always giving customers rides on our drag strip. You will love it!

Absolutely!

Luna.
03-30-09, 03:17 PM
I honestly wouldn't bother with teh forged pistons, I doubt the stock supercharger will make more boost than the stock pistons can handle with an adequate tune, I'd do methanol long before pulling the motor to change pistons (and you might as well do rods and fasteners on the bottom end while you're in there)

better ways to make the power with less cash laid out in my experience....kinda overkill and unnecessary.

Really? Stock pistons can handle, say, 580-600 rwhp???

Wow...I guess I wouldn't expect that.

chris1268
03-30-09, 03:51 PM
Full catback exhaust system.

That is not what I have been told.

JTHennessey
03-30-09, 07:32 PM
We will have the kit tomorrow and see... THe system has been speculated which is not uncommon as the new car manufacturers are not installing clamps near the cats anymore.

chris1268
03-31-09, 11:04 AM
I would love to see the pictures - especially since I already have it on my car now.

Cub Cadet
03-31-09, 01:33 PM

Yes - you are 100% correct. Changing the blower pulley is not the best thing to do here. Chaging the crank pulley is the best way to add boost. If you watch the Cobra / Lightning forums, you will see that smaller blower pulley's are a bad idea. I myself have a 2002 Lightning and modified the crank pulley and blower pulley. I went back to stock on the blower pulley since it was too small and created quite a bit of slip. Changing just the crank pulley yielded better boost throughout the powerband. The guys that you see running smaller blower pulleys are also running with added idler pulleys to increase the belt tension for non-slip. This is a very bad practice (see Metco ilders) as it puts a very large amount of stress on the snout of the blower. The blower cannot take that and will ruin it. Also, one more thing to watch when increasing boost... make sure that you do not over rev the the blower itself. When increasing boost, obviously the rotor RPM increases. The rotating assembly is only rated for so many RPM's, so do your math before increasing boost.