: True Cold Air Intakes - Instock!

JTHennessey
03-19-09, 07:19 PM
Want to add a quick 15 hp? This is the solution. Completely replaces the factory intake system with our true cold air intake. Last week, Nick @ American Racing Headers was able to test this induction system and was able to show a gain of 18 rwhp!!! Awesome setup. Images attached to this post

Can be seen at http://hennesseyperformancestore.com/hpecoairin.html

Feel free to email me james@hennesseyperformance.com or call the shop directly at 979-885-1300.

Speak to you soon,

James "JT" Howard
Sales @ Hennessey

musclesbmf
03-19-09, 10:18 PM
Looks great but has this been tested on a car with no tuning? I'd like to know how andif drivabilityis affected by changing thelocation of the maf. I know on the z06 that was an issue....

Thanks,
Mark

RapidRob
03-19-09, 10:49 PM
Looks good - but, where is, or, is there, a filter in this set-up?

Rob

JTHennessey
03-20-09, 10:32 AM
Looks great but has this been tested on a car with no tuning? I'd like to know how andif drivabilityis affected by changing thelocation of the maf. I know on the z06 that was an issue....

Thanks,
Mark

Mark: That is correct, the vehicle had no tuning at the time of the testing. As with any vehicle, you will achieve more Hp and Torque. The only thing the customer's have mentioned about the intakes is that they can hear the supercharger more.

Looks good - but, where is, or, is there, a filter in this set-up?

Rob

Filter is on this system. It is located just in front of the driver's side wheel. We use a K & N Filter for the system.

musclesbmf
03-20-09, 12:11 PM
Awesome...more whine is a good thing in my book.

Thanks,
Mark

Ben.Peterson
03-20-09, 01:13 PM
LOVE the look of that intake! Is there any chance of you guys producing parts for the STS-V?

Ketzer
03-20-09, 02:34 PM

Thanks,
Mark

You gotta be tickled then, there's a ton on here...:histeric:

Jeff-

haterinc
03-20-09, 02:51 PM
Lmao

ericpd
03-21-09, 08:07 PM
Has anyone installed this on their V yet? I'm committed to two mods this summer and I'm just now starting my decision process as to which mod(s) to do first. Made the mistake of modding without a plan with my C32 AMG,... won't do that again!

62Jeff
03-21-09, 09:08 PM
Filter is on this system. It is located just in front of the driver's side wheel. We use a K & N Filter for the system.

How low is that filter? Is it high enough to avoid standing water on our roads?

I always get amused when I see those "cold air" systems on import cars, with the filter darned near dragging the ground. As flat as Houston is, and as much rain as we get, I don't need to be sucking water in my engine through a misplaced filter.

There's been several instances on the vette forum of cold air intake systems sucking in water and hydro-locking an engine, when the owner exercised poor judgment and drove through a puddle.

JTHennessey
03-23-09, 11:37 AM
How low is that filter? Is it high enough to avoid standing water on our roads?

I always get amused when I see those "cold air" systems on import cars, with the filter darned near dragging the ground. As flat as Houston is, and as much rain as we get, I don't need to be sucking water in my engine through a misplaced filter.

There's been several instances on the vette forum of cold air intake systems sucking in water and hydro-locking an engine, when the owner exercised poor judgment and drove through a puddle.

No worries... I just went out and looked on Dave's car and the filter is atleast 14 inches off the ground and the stock splash shields are also protecting it from the bottom. So in short, you would have to have water up past your FOG lights inorder to run a risk. Even then, we are using a 4in pipe so it would also take a very long time to get water into the engine. Possible? Absolutely... However It would take a lot to happen.

Does this help you out in your concerns?

Razorecko
03-23-09, 12:48 PM
^ the cure for that would be to use a cone K&N or Green ( preferred ) filter with a K&N Drycharger wrap on it. That would keep the water out and not restrict air flow.

John Hennessey
03-27-09, 11:15 PM
i told my guys in the shop that this question would come sooner than later. and its a legitimate question. the bottom line is that the filter is lower than stock. but as long as you dont plan to cross any streams with water midway up your door, then you will be fine!

62Jeff
03-27-09, 11:59 PM
No worries... I just went out and looked on Dave's car and the filter is atleast 14 inches off the ground and the stock splash shields are also protecting it from the bottom. So in short, you would have to have water up past your FOG lights inorder to run a risk. Even then, we are using a 4in pipe so it would also take a very long time to get water into the engine. Possible? Absolutely... However It would take a lot to happen.

Does this help you out in your concerns?

Sorry for the slow response to your question.

Yes, this is more than reasonable. Thanks for the reply.

JTHennessey
03-30-09, 01:06 PM
No problem... Talk to you soon

Luna.
03-30-09, 08:45 PM

Thanks,
Mark

Totally agree. I might get it for that fact alone!! :)

CAIs on the V1s didn't seem to do much, so I'm hoping I get more results from this one.

This won't "fold" up past 500 rwhp, correct? I thought that was an issue for Wait4Me with the stock unit (if memory serves).

Submariner409
03-30-09, 09:41 PM
:rolleyes: Always true: The louder it is, the faster it is. Same principle as a ricer fart-can muffler.

JTHennessey
03-31-09, 09:48 AM
Totally agree. I might get it for that fact alone!! :)

CAIs on the V1s didn't seem to do much, so I'm hoping I get more results from this one.

This won't "fold" up past 500 rwhp, correct? I thought that was an issue for Wait4Me with the stock unit (if memory serves).

Absolutely not... Our unit is a true cold air intake that completely replaces all factory tubing. We use 4" aluminum tubing so you will run no risk of folding it!

Luna.
03-31-09, 01:40 PM
:rolleyes: Always true: The louder it is, the faster it is. Same principle as a ricer fart-can muffler.

:histeric:

That is quite possibly the dumbest and most pathetic modification EVER...

It's very similar to these morons who blast the sh*t out of their radios...

When will these jag-offs learn that people aren't looking with eyes of envy...

They're looking with the idea of, "What the fu*k is making all of that noise?!?!?!", followed quickly with a, "Turn that crap down!"

:rant2:

Absolutely not... Our unit is a true cold air intake that completely replaces all factory tubing. We use 4" aluminum tubing so you will run no risk of folding it!

Very nice to hear. Put me down for one...:cool2:

JTHennessey
03-31-09, 06:59 PM
:histeric:

That is quite possibly the dumbest and most pathetic modification EVER...

It's very similar to these morons who blast the sh*t out of their radios...

When will these jag-offs learn that people aren't looking with eyes of envy...

They're looking with the idea of, "What the F! is making all of that noise?!?!?!", followed quickly with a, "Turn that crap down!"

:rant2:

Very nice to hear. Put me down for one...:cool2:

When you are ready, I look forward to talking to you... 2 more just shipped today!

surgin
04-02-09, 10:13 PM
what is the difference between the Short Ram Air Intake and this?

Luna.
04-04-09, 03:15 PM
what is the difference between the Short Ram Air Intake and this?

Do you mean WaitForMe's intake or other?

surgin
04-04-09, 04:43 PM
hennesey has a two different air intakes for sale. one is called "short ram air intake or something like that and then there is the one being advertised in this thread(which cost more than the short ram "). i was wondering what the difference was between those two henessey products.

Zexnos
04-05-09, 01:42 AM
hennesey has a two different air intakes for sale. one is called "short ram air intake or something like that and then there is the one being advertised in this thread(which cost more than the short ram "). i was wondering what the difference was between those two henessey products.

Hennessy sells two intakes. One is a "short ram" which replaces the factory accordion looking piece between the stock air box and the throttle body. The "cold air" intake is a longer junction of pipes that replaces the factory air box with their own filter lower in the engine bay drawing in air away from the hot engine.

surgin
04-05-09, 11:22 AM
thanks zexnos

Luna.
04-05-09, 04:30 PM
Hennessy sells two intakes. One is a "short ram" which replaces the factory accordion looking piece between the stock air box and the throttle body. The "cold air" intake is a longer junction of pipes that replaces the factory air box with their own filter lower in the engine bay drawing in air away from the hot engine.

Is WaitforMe's intake similar to the "short-ram" sold by Hennessy?

Zexnos
04-05-09, 09:17 PM
Is WaitforMe's intake similar to the "short-ram" sold by Hennessy?

From what I can see, they are the basically the same design. Each is a replacement for the factory flex tube which is riddled with resonators.

JTHennessey
04-06-09, 07:20 PM
Our Short Ram Intake completely replaces the factory air box just like with our cold air intake system. Our Short Ram is made of 4" Aluminum and will not fold under boost. The system does use a K&N Conical filter. Difference in our two kits is the location of the filter ONLY.

Thanks
James