: Rattles and more rattles

oldworld
03-19-09, 04:19 PM
03 escalde/
My interior door panels rattle alot. The rears rattle in general. The fronts seem to rattle where the power window/power door lock buttons are.

Is there any way to "tighten" them or add something to them so they don't rattle??

ZaC851
03-19-09, 05:05 PM
03 escalde/
My interior door panels rattle alot. The rears rattle in general. The fronts seem to rattle where the power window/power door lock buttons are.

Is there any way to "tighten" them or add something to them so they don't rattle??

maybe something loose??

Honestly though..I've just come to accept that the escalade...or least my 02 isnt the most quietest ride. its a truck. its not a mercedes etc etc. My little 97 accord with nearly double the mileage has less rattles.

one way to quiet the interior...is to yank it all out...and lay down as much dynamat (or similar brand) to all the door panels etc. this would help quiet down the noise

luxurylife33
03-19-09, 08:15 PM
I would guess the panel is not secure. Try taking it off, your probably missing a few clips. Or they may have loosened up. Theres really no way of us knowing whats wrong, without taking it off to have a peak. Good luck!

oldworld
03-19-09, 08:26 PM
Are the panels easy to remove...............without breaking? Can the fasteners that you guys suggest may be missing simply be purchased at an auto zone or advance auto?
I know what you mean about the escalade being a truck....but come on is a $50K vehicle lol
I have some work vans (FORD) with 200K miles on them that are quieter than my escalade....and thats a shame......

Want to do what I can I guess to keep the noise to a minimum. Let me know about the door panel removal so I know what I am in for. If its anything like my "navigation nightmare" post.....I may pass and live with it.....lol

luxurylife33
03-19-09, 08:49 PM
fairly simple, just look around i think theres 4 phillips screws, the rest of the panel will pop out with some pressure

oldworld
03-19-09, 09:01 PM
No tool needed to remove the plastic anchors...or just pressure all around??

pcguy760
03-20-09, 02:07 AM
Yeah it should not rattle as much as you are saying - check for broken clips or worn clips maybe from a previous removal??